Preview Rd 8: Gold Coast vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next 3 games: Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle.
WE NEED THE BYE!

3 teams that beat up on our undersized underaged L platers
Having said that,we get Malceski Thommo and Maysie back...teams stop scoring 20 goals against us.
Then you can start working on team structures .
I'd bring in Brooksby to ruck off the bench with Tommy
Running Dicko and Lynch in the ruck isn't good for us.

did more than that
Showed he's a footballer
Good football players bob up in good spots
He did that all night
Finally have a modern day ruckman
Got my votes tonight...then probably Dicko followed by Hallahan

We were on a bit of a roll until that dickhead green maggot awarded White the free for taking out Lonergan below the knees and he goaled
I mean WTF?
They're supposed to know the rules...and they get paid well for it
Maybe Eddie is paying them better for not knowing them. The advantage one to Collingwood that resulted in a goal was worse.

11 goal thrashing at home by Collingwood? Yeah. Yeah i did. Wasn't expecting a win but thought we could be competitive.
We were/are competitive for short periods. Unless you have 7_8 midfielders rotating through you struggle to keep it up. We currently have 4.

well that was a sh1T NIGHTR HANGING WITH ALL THOSE SELF OPIONATED WAYNE KERRS. why do those wobbler fans try to rate them selves so much higher than other fan. What a bunch of tossers. even most of the chick wobblers had their heads up their a$$es.

Now on next week. I will not come on here for a week while the hawkies play the suns. a wounded hawks will be coming on hot next week and im sure the for and away average for them will rise hugely. Not a very nice 3 week run for the suns coming up.

Loved the post game interviews.. Kade seemed upset..
And Hallahan told it like it is.. Saying him and big Nicholls are starting to gell and now to smash out some serious clearances!!
Rocket appeared in a less jovial mood than previously I thought. Hard to take many positives out of that. A loss under 6 goals would have been better, but to go down by that much against what is really a middle of the road team was not good and shows how poorly we are going, although most of us know how poorly we are going - we are in wooden spoon level form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocket appeared in a less jovial mood than previously I thought. Hard to take many positives out of that. A loss under 6 goals would have been better, but to go down by that much against what is really a middle of the road team was not good and shows how poorly we are going, although most of us know how poorly we are going - we are in wooden spoon level form.

No elite midfield rotations and no backline
It's a tough gig at the moment

In rockets interviews.. Almost looks and sounds like his swallowing his own tongue, at some parts after he gets asked a question.
And is fairly fidgety as well.
I don't blame him; horror injuries, a serious 'culture' problem, and a shallow list of players to choose from in the reserves... it's probably not what he expected.

well that was a sh1T NIGHTR HANGING WITH ALL THOSE SELF OPIONATED WAYNE KERRS. why do those wobbler fans try to rate them selves so much higher than other fan. What a bunch of tossers. even most of the chick wobblers had their heads up their a$$es.

Now on next week. I will not come on here for a week while the hawkies play the suns. a wounded hawks will be coming on hot next week and im sure the for and away average for them will rise hugely. Not a very nice 3 week run for the suns coming up.
Seemed like it was you and the trumpet player against the world at times. Good effort under difficult circumstances. The river end definitely needs more Suns supporters.

The advantage play on was terrible.

Whites was a correct call. The rule is for sliding onto a lose ball not attempting to mark.

Unfortunately the disgraceful foxtel commentary ignore the rules when they barrack

Saad is a ripper. Nichols is a super prospect.

The whole club needs more supporters. 16 ******* thousand. What a joke (yes, I'm still annoyed :p )
what was the attendance for our game against the pies last year? 21k or something? pretty worrying to think 16k will probably be our highest attendance of the year. :oops:

what was the attendance for our game against the pies last year? 21k or something? pretty worrying to think 16k will probably be our highest attendance of the year. :oops:
Sold out @ 24k, having sold every ticket a few days beforehand. The Collingwood game is always a high-drawing game, but when you combine our pathetic performance lately with the fact that on the same weekend, Gold Coast hosted the Blues Fest AND the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show (meaning accomodation and flights are difficult to organise), it was bound for a lesser attendance (but not that low).

Jesse White beat up rookies and Varcoe got 30 possessions at 100% efficiency against no midfield. Collingwood haven't played any A grade teams. Not sure their supporters should be getting too carried away.

Sold out @ 24k, having sold every ticket a few days beforehand. The Collingwood game is always a high-drawing game, but when you combine our pathetic performance lately with the fact that on the same weekend, Gold Coast hosted the Blues Fest AND the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show (meaning accomodation and flights are difficult to organise), it was bound for a lesser attendance (but not that low).
Could have been sold out but they banished the juniors that they gave free 3 game memberships to. A**hol*s.

Could have been sold out but they banished the juniors that they gave free 3 game memberships to. A**hol*s.
Yep. Total ineptitude and selfishness. The club's 'community oriented' approach is slowly dying and we're becoming the same as any other. The board, and particularly the chairman, needs to get the sack just as Bluey did.

Yep. Total ineptitude and selfishness. The club's 'community oriented' approach is slowly dying and we're becoming the same as any other. The board, and particularly the chairman, needs to get the sack just as Bluey did.
Should be a 'roast' thread on its own?

I don't think we have a realistic chance of winning a game until after the bye when we hopefully regain a majority of our best 22 from injury.

In the meantime, why not experiment a bit.

Move McKenzie to a wing or forward flank.

Get Lonergan out of the backline and into the mid rotations as he is not a defenders a-hole.

Bring Wright in and sit him in a fwd pocket to gain some senior experience. There were a few times last night Lynch was caught up the ground, Dixon was taking the ruck contest in the fwd line and we had no height sitting in the square.

Bring Brooksby in to rotate with Nichols. There were half a dozen times last night we did not have a tall on the defensive goaline to spoil the ball through. Nichols was too knackered to get there in time and just hovered on the half back line.

Bring in Boston to see if he has the goods to warrant a new contract. He has served his punishment and responded well. Up forward and through the midfield, he provides rotations. The best set shot for goal on our list.

Get Hall & Russell out of the team. Not providing anything.

Maybe rest Dion if he is knee is sore. It's a long season and we need our best players fit in the 2nd half of the season to get some wins on the board.

I would rather lose by a 100pts trying new players than watching the same fringe players put in piss weak performances weak in, weak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back