Rd1 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's been announced that we have Collingwood Rd1 at the GABBA in 2015.

How fricken big is this game for us. I'm not one for predicting crowds but anything under 30k would be a huge loss.

I don't know whether it's just me but this has made me even more excited about next year. Taking on the old enemy at the GABBA. Beams to make his debut for the lions.

Doesn't get too much bigger than this for us threw the H&A season.

Go lions.

All the hype/media/mindset will be around D.Beams, it'll freak em out if he then don't play.

We have Collingwood do we? According to the Herald Sun I thought we had the Bye and only Dayne Beams was required to show up.

Easy win. With both teams fully fit, we'll beat them easily. They can make excuses all the want for last year about missing a ton of players, but we were missing a lot of players too.

Absolutely cannot wait for this. Biggest game since Fevola v Carlton 2010. Gabba will be loud.

Sitting top of the ladder after Round 1 would be nice.

Pies thread is pretty entertaining - I'd recommend it as good reading material (wouldn't bother posting, though).

If we have something close to the best 22 available, we should win this one. Given we flogged them by 67 down here... don't see them getting up at the Gabba. Being round 1, and a nice big grudge match V the pies, any type of win will do, but I think this is one that could get easily to 30-40 points if we simply play well.

IN: Rich, Redden, D.Beams, Leuenberger, Christensen
OUT: Patfull, Crisp, Bewick, Paparone, Harwood

Pies will get Pendles, Elliot and Reid back... but lose Beams, Macaffer, Ball (at a glance.. probably a couple more changes!). Some good ins, but not far off being balanced with the outs... our Ins V Outs is far more lopsised.

In summary, we will be MUCH stronger than last time, whereas the Pies will only be slightly better. They are unlikely to suffer the same in-game injury curse, but as GWS showed the next day, that isn't the be-all end-all... aaaaand this one is at the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confident of a win. Our midfield should smash their midfield easily. Defence should handle Cloke better if Merrett goes back and forward line should be more potent if either Mcguane or Staker is fit.

Pies thread is pretty entertaining - I'd recommend it as good reading material (wouldn't bother posting, though).

If we have something close to the best 22 available, we should win this one. Given we flogged them by 67 down here... don't see them getting up at the Gabba. Being round 1, and a nice big grudge match V the pies, any type of win will do, but I think this is one that could get easily to 30-40 points if we simply play well.

IN: Rich, Redden, D.Beams, Leuenberger, Christensen
OUT: Patfull, Crisp, Bewick, Paparone, Harwood

Pies will get Pendles, Elliot and Reid back... but lose Beams, Macaffer, Ball (at a glance.. probably a couple more changes!). Some good ins, but not far off being balanced with the outs... our Ins V Outs is far more lopsised.

In summary, we will be MUCH stronger than last time, whereas the Pies will only be slightly better. They are unlikely to suffer the same in-game injury curse, but as GWS showed the next day, that isn't the be-all end-all... aaaaand this one is at the Gabba.

You forgot The pies get Varcoe in :rolleyes::drunk::eek::confused::straining:;););)

Easy win. With both teams fully fit, we'll beat them easily. They can make excuses all the want for last year about missing a ton of players, but we were missing a lot of players too.

Absolutely cannot wait for this. Biggest game since Fevola v Carlton 2010. Gabba will be loud.

Sitting top of the ladder after Round 1 would be nice.

Agree with this post mainly, not sure it'll be an easy win though. We should be competitive but there's long way to go, we don't really know how the pre season will fare and what players/structure will work best.

Definitely biggest game in 5 years though.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is seeing what the beer prices at the Gabba have increased to. My guess is Michael O'Brien will be gouging us to the tune of $8.10... OUCH!

Really think some are getting ahead of themselves. Pies still have a side capable of embarrassing us if we don't turn up. History shows we haven't turned up in big matches in the past few years... could actually be ugly if we're not careful.

Really think some are getting ahead of themselves. Pies still have a side capable of embarrassing us if we don't turn up. History shows we haven't turned up in big matches in the past few years... could actually be ugly if we're not careful.
I think as fans we are aloud to get ahead of ourselves. After coming off a pritty successful trade period we can be optimistic. The players on the other hand need to make sure they turn up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back