Rd1 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

What time is the game??

afl.com.au says a night match but a few of the posts with the odds say 16.45??

I think as fans we are aloud to get ahead of ourselves. After coming off a pritty successful trade period we can be optimistic. The players on the other hand need to make sure they turn up.
On paper, both sides are similar. Their forward line is better than our forward line. Our midfield is better than their midfield. Our defence is marginally better.

I'd rather go into the game (as a fan) with realistic hopes - then get a nice surprise if we manage to "smash them". Makes the losses like the Bulldogs last year less painful IMO.

This must be the first time in a long time that Brisbane open their Season @ the Gabba ( first Round 1 game at the Gabba in years!)

Weird fact: First time Collingwood has started a season OUTSIDE of Victoria since 1990, when they lost to West Coast.

24 Friggin years of silver platter for them.
That doesn't surprise me at all. And collingwood fam whinge and bitch about the lions being looked after.

It's gonna be an awesome game. If D.Beams kicks the first and/or winning goal I predict riots.

I predict:

Burger wins the tap out against...Grundy I guess, why not, palming it straight to Rockliff who spears it to D.Beams just outside 50. D.Beams winds up and sends it straight through the middle as tears form in Eddies eyes.

I predict:

Burger wins the tap out against...Grundy I guess, why not, palming it straight to Rockliff who spears it to D.Beams just outside 50. D.Beams winds up and sends it straight through the middle as tears form in Eddies eyes.
I think those tears might already be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I'm not looking forward to is seeing what the beer prices at the Gabba have increased to. My guess is Michael O'Brien will be gouging us to the tune of $8.10... OUCH!
I rarely buy anything food or drink wise at the Gabba. You can get some pretty good food (for multiple people) at the Coles across the road, for the same $10 that it costs for an undercooked fish and chips. Oh and I bet that beer is the under strength crap too?

Pies thread is pretty entertaining - I'd recommend it as good reading material (wouldn't bother posting, though).

If we have something close to the best 22 available, we should win this one. Given we flogged them by 67 down here... don't see them getting up at the Gabba. Being round 1, and a nice big grudge match V the pies, any type of win will do, but I think this is one that could get easily to 30-40 points if we simply play well.

IN: Rich, Redden, D.Beams, Leuenberger, Christensen
OUT: Patfull, Crisp, Bewick, Paparone, Harwood

Pies will get Pendles, Elliot and Reid back... but lose Beams, Macaffer, Ball (at a glance.. probably a couple more changes!). Some good ins, but not far off being balanced with the outs... our Ins V Outs is far more lopsised.

In summary, we will be MUCH stronger than last time, whereas the Pies will only be slightly better. They are unlikely to suffer the same in-game injury curse, but as GWS showed the next day, that isn't the be-all end-all... aaaaand this one is at the Gabba.
Shall be interesting to see if karnezis and crisp both play.

To be fair I think Collingwood probably have a few other ins if we are at full strength

Ins - Pendles, Elliott, Reid, Cloke(went down in the 2nd), Taylor Adams, Langdon, Nathan Brown, Greenwood, Varcoe

Outs - Ball, Caff, Beams, Lumumba (all off the list ) plus Armstrong, Sinclair, Young,

Cloke and Reid are not strictly ins but they only played a quarter and a bit between them and we won't be bringing in a Tony Armstrong to play Q5,6,7 and 8 for the day.

All those 9 ins would be expected to be best 22 if available. We will be a much stronger unit than we were that day as will you guys.

If we have a full list wouldn't expect either Crisp or Karnezis to be in the team. I have already dropped a good young player in Broomhead out so those 2 will struggle. Likewise if they were still at the Lions you wouldn't see them in your best 22.

Ironic that when Dayne Beams went down in that match it was the end of his Collingwood career. Match will be hard to pick winner from I reckon.

To be fair I think Collingwood probably have a few other ins if we are at full strength

Ins - Pendles, Elliott, Reid, Cloke(went down in the 2nd), Taylor Adams, Langdon, Nathan Brown, Greenwood, Varcoe

Outs - Ball, Caff, Beams, Lumumba (all off the list ) plus Armstrong, Sinclair, Young,

Well yeah, it's going to be a closer game if you're playing with 24 players after 9 ins and only 7 outs! ;)

I just hope all of the football players go out there and have a great time and everybody gets a go.
Should they give 110%? Will footy be the winner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back