Rd1 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

On McGuane, I'm wondering whether the coaches may even consider him as a replacement for Patfull down back.

I do agree with POBT that in McGuane's last season at Richmond in 2013, he was more than impressive up forward.

Either way, forward of back, I really hope he can get his body right, because if so, he is definitely best 22 for mine.

No doubt he is one of our best midfielders but being up forward doesn't mean staying there. A forward line that rotates Rockliff Zorko and beams threw the middle let alone green and Taylor is a pretty scary one for the opposition. Now it's just Operation get someone to kick it too.

To be honest we should keep him as a midfielder... I wouldn't want beams playing forward to much

McGuane was playing senior footy every week in a finals side when Leppa tapped him on the shoulder. I can't imagine "Lukey, I'd love you to come and play NEAFL and mentor the kids" would have got much consideration from McGuane. Sure, plans change over time, but I'm pretty sure Leppa had specific roles in mind for him.

Our KPP look good, but you've got to be careful not to break them at this stage. They're giving weight and experience away every week in a position that needs those things. If you get outpointed every week you eventually stop believing you belong there, and you've got a Jack Watts or Jordy Lisle.

Watts was sublime at U18s but how do you get that ceiling back now? Got a feeling Jordy took a big knock that he never truly recovered from.

Telling blokes to 'be confident' doesn't work.

Last edited:

Just looked on the pies board and they are having a massive cry over the fact that Beams said we are closer to a premiership then they are, i found it hilarious that they all think that injuries was the cause of our thrashing of them and are going to be in a real shock come round one when they realise they are not as good as they think they are.

Just looked on the pies board and they are having a massive cry over the fact that Beams said we are closer to a premiership then they are, i found it hilarious that they all think that injuries was the cause of our thrashing of them and are going to be in a real shock come round one when they realise they are not as good as they think they are.

They did have 10 players out, I think it played a big part in that match.

I'm rather confident we'll win next year, but it's going to be really close

They did have 10 players out, I think it played a big part in that match.

I'm rather confident we'll win next year, but it's going to be really close
They did and got a couple of injuries in the game too. But we were missing Leuenberger, Rich, Redden and a stack of depth players so we weren't anywhere near full strength either. Meh, we'll see in round 1 I guess, I'm excited for it!

They did and got a couple of injuries in the game too. But we were missing Leuenberger, Rich, Redden and a stack of depth players so we weren't anywhere near full strength either. Meh, we'll see in round 1 I guess, I'm excited for it!

Same here, I'm definitely going, it's going to be a huge match

McGuane was playing senior footy every week in a finals side when Leppa tapped him on the shoulder. I can't imagine "Lukey, I'd love you to come and play NEAFL and mentor the kids" would have got much consideration from McGuane. Sure, plans change over time, but I'm pretty sure Leppa had specific roles in mind for him.

Except that wasn't really how it played out, at least in the reports at the time. McGuane wanted to move back to Qld, we said we'd see if we could fit him in - didn't trade for him, eventually took him as a DFA. It came across that he really was basically the last player on the list. Leppa didn't tap him on the shoulder to come above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ON paper the lions seem to be
1) on track to beat collingwood
2) maybe slip into 7 or 8 with many home games and an easy (it should be anyway) draw
3) ready to lap up eddie's tears

Can't wait for round 1 definitely going haven't been to a game for few years thanks to my bloody cancer, nothing is stopping me now even if it kills me :D

Bloody bandwagoner. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

J/K mate. Hope the health is on the improve. :)

Dane Swan not expected to join in full training 'til February after his hip operation :footy:
Hopefully he plays round one. The more one paced players they have the better ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Dane Swan was a brand new recruit ready to dominate us in round 1 ?????????????? Isn't that what Bucks said. Ahh well I hope Paddy makes his collingwood debut that would be fun

Dane Swan not expected to join in full training 'til February after his hip operation :footy:

*sigh* read this and thought "What hip operation? ... I thought he already in training? ... etc" then I realised we were talking about Collingwood's Dane Swan not out Dayne Beams ...

I think it best if I avoid all crosswords, games of Trivial Pursuit. or anything else involving comprehension or details tonight ... :$

*sigh* read this and thought "What hip operation? ... I thought he already in training? ... etc" then I realised we were talking about Collingwood's Dane Swan not out Dayne Beams ...

I think it best if I avoid all crosswords, games of Trivial Pursuit. or anything else involving comprehension or details tonight ... :$
All good VR,only have to worry if you do the same thing tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back