2nds RD19: Magpies v Bloods SUN 2:10pm | Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Went today , and a pretty good standard I thought . A fine team effort , I really like this young lad Masters and Redden did a heap round the ground , much more than Lobbe does . But geez Colquhoon , last part of his game was reasonable , but , before that his delivery was terrible , even under no or little pressure , don't car how much he runs , plenty can do that , if every second pass or handball goes astray , forget him got enough his size around , I reckon young Grey and Sawford are better prospects.

Went to the game. Doogs was a ******* wall down back. Marked everything that went near him. GWS really do know how to produce quality intercept marking tall backs and give them away to us.

Shaw showed what he can do when he's fit and given a full game up forward too. The people calling for him to be delisted either didn't watch any SANFL last year or have short memories. He has far more AFL potential than Harvey does.

... I really like this young lad Masters .....
First time you've seen him? Part of our final harvest from the Eyre Peninsula draft zone and came up with the Gray brothers. On other threads a few of us have said we'd be happy for the club to look at him in the draft.

.... But geez Colquhoon , last part of his game was reasonable , but , before that his delivery was terrible ....
Oh yeah, IMO he'll lose his AFL spot because of it. Was a source of dark humour to a few of us through the game.

Summo outstanding game quality leadership
Stewart what a classy classy game
Mitchell lots of effort and rewarded
Hoon needs work but ok
Moore good game but lift the intensity lad
Palmer woud throw him an AFL game to see if he is up to it

Summo outstanding game quality leadership
Stewart what a classy classy game
Mitchell lots of effort and rewarded
Hoon needs work but ok
Moore good game but lift the intensity lad
Palmer woud throw him an AFL game to see if he is up to it
Agree to nearly everything , how can you seriously say the Hoon o'k' ? , years gone by an effort like that gets one playing ressies.

First time you've seen him? Part of our final harvest from the Eyre Peninsula draft zone and came up with the Gray brothers. On other threads a few of us have said we'd be happy for the club to look at him in the draft.

Oh yeah, IMO he'll lose his AFL spot because of it. Was a source of dark humour to a few of us through the game.
Love Masters, so how is Noorwood going with the Eyre zone any way?

Went to the game. Doogs was a ******* wall down back. Marked everything that went near him. GWS really do know how to produce quality intercept marking tall backs and give them away to us.

Shaw showed what he can do when he's fit and given a full game up forward too. The people calling for him to be delisted either didn't watch any SANFL last year or have short memories. He has far more AFL potential than Harvey does.
Yep loved shaw, he knows how to lead and can take a pack mark.

He also has a leg.

I used to think that about Clurey but now I wonder if he's one of those players caught on the cusp between the SANFL and the AFL. He's reasonably fast, and works hard. But he isn't that big. Still nice to have as a backup. I do wonder why he never gets a chance in another role.

Agreed, Tommy is somewhere between flanker size, and not quite big enough for a kpp at the next level up.
He was handy today, but he should be at least that at sanfl level after 3 years on the Power list.

Dougal Howard looks a real chance to make it at AFL level, 199 cm, mobile, can take a strong mark, and is good below his knees as well.
He was for me far and away the most exciting Power listed player on the park today. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT ADELAIDE 4.2 6.4 11.6 17.6 (108)
WEST ADELAIDE 2.1 5.6 6.8 10.11 (71)

GOALS Summerton 5, Shaw 3, Reynolds 2, Mitchell, Moore, Harvey, Russell, Stewart, Byrne-Jones, Palmer

PORTADELAIDEFC.COM.AU’S BEST - Summerton, Stewart, Mitchell, Moore, Colquhoun

INJURIES
Nil

CROWD 3,123 at Alberton Oval

From Port website

IIRC a few months ago a poster here said the club was the most excited about Dougal's ceiling
Some bulk, another pre-season, more games and ?
Hasn't this w/end has been an eye opener
Amon, Sammy(again) AhChee all went past a few players last night and the Krak is lock in 1st team IMO
VERY interesting off season coming up. List turnover especially.
Today at Alberton had some of the answers

Wagner is a waste of a spot,,,spud.

Wagner is a waste of a spot,,,spud.
Cut him a little slack, he earned his spot within the terms of 'The Recruit'. Cost us nothing to play along. We've had quite a few worse that have been all our own doing.

Glad that Shaw did something. After being injured for a while it's always possible to sink away for a few weeks but 10 disposals, 6 marks and 3 goals was a good return. Took some of those marks further up the field where he was out of goal range. He was let down somewhat by our forward entries which often involved bombing the ball in and expecting he or Harvey to mark it.

I don't envy the club's decision makers on which players go and which stay. Although we're not winning AFL flags, strangely enough these decisions are going to be pretty hard to judge. I won't be surprised if one or two come from the regular first 22 or one or two are on afl lists elsewhere

I like Masters but isn't he in the same size category as Clurey?

I will be bitterly disappointed if we do not win the flag this year with the squad we have available.

Went today , and a pretty good standard I thought . A fine team effort , I really like this young lad Masters and Redden did a heap round the ground , much more than Lobbe does . But geez Colquhoon , last part of his game was reasonable , but , before that his delivery was terrible , even under no or little pressure , don't car how much he runs , plenty can do that , if every second pass or handball goes astray , forget him got enough his size around , I reckon young Grey and Sawford are better prospects.
Tom gray?

Tom gray?
Yep, 2nd of the 3 Gray brothers. Though I just checked the SANFL players list and the Academy list and the 3rd brother doesn't appear. I'd thought my source was pretty good there so don't know what's up with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back