Autopsy Rd23 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Two great things to take out of this.

1. We didn't lose
2. Essendon didn't win

Strange game. Discuss away.

Juddy had a disappointing last qtr not getting much ball. Ended up on 28 touches when he had been cruising for 30+. I'm disappointed for him, the champion he is and has always been.

That is pretty random, he had a great game and is playing on next year.

Very quiet so far on the post match discussion. I'll try and liven things up....am I being too negative saying a draw is as bad as an honourable loss?

Let's not confuse being negative with being stupid.

Saved your list spot watto. Next time just punch it through

I reckon people need to have another look at that. The ball was dying as it got to him and he was facing it, pretty hard to punch it through in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives - Sheehan, Juddy, Sam Rowe, Brock proving he's still got it, and last, but by no means least, Watto, career defining game.

Negatives - The 2nd quarter, some very questionable umpiring.

Overall, I am happy, the players did show heart today, and considering all our outs, we acquitted ourselves nicely. Roll on 2015 !!

I wouldn't I'm overally joyed, but I am content. Watson deserves another go next season, forget the Hawks game he played eariler this year, he saved his career in this one today.

That bloody second quarter though, seriously.. That's the kind of stuff that makes us completely ordinary against any opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back