RDFL 2014 Thread

Graceland

Senior List
May 21, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone have a answer
Are vfl or tac cup players not in finals allowed to return to there home club to play in finals

Understood they changed the rule allowing players to return and not having to qualify as the games they played at a higher level where counted
I am possibly wrong anyone with a answer ????
The way I read the rules is that the player still needs to play 4 games for their nominated club to qualify to play finals.The higher level part relates to stop players returning and playing in the reserves,also tac games are considered senior games so if a tac player plays x amount of games in the tac they cannot return and play under 18s in the finals, hope this helps

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
The way I read the rules is that the player still needs to play 4 games for their nominated club to qualify to play finals.The higher level part relates to stop players returning and playing in the reserves,also tac games are considered senior games so if a tac player plays x amount of games in the tac they cannot return and play under 18s in the finals, hope this helps
Cheers thanks mate

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Great to see the struggling eastern block clubs in Bford Kmore n Wallan make the finals in the u18s.I just hope this dont lead to a few inflated egos at years end and the pursuit of a few extra$$ regardless if it means playing against your home grown club.From what i seen Bford are the best hope of toppling Rupo lets just hope its in the big one if so.
In the seniors looks like how far Romsey but I hope and would love to see Diggers take it out.May the best team win and good luck to all competing.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Great to see the struggling eastern block clubs in Bford Kmore n Wallan make the finals in the u18s.I just hope this dont lead to a few inflated egos at years end and the pursuit of a few extra$$ regardless if it means playing against your home grown club.From what i seen Bford are the best hope of toppling Rupo lets just hope its in the big one if so.
In the seniors looks like how far Romsey but I hope and would love to see Diggers take it out.May the best team win and good luck to all competing.

I'm sure another crop of 18/19 year olds with expectations beyond their footy resume will emerge ..... happens at bit nowadays and sadly some clubs still fall for it

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Player availability with school footy etc tac cup will affect under18 results
Your right the most important day may be interesting

discreet1

Debutant
Jun 27, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn't get to see any of today's games but I did hear that sunburys ground was in terrible condition!! Not a green blade of grass, only dirt and hard!!! If that was the case then surely the rdfl would check the state of the grounds before they appoint the grounds??? Disgraceful

poorarseplumba

Draftee
Aug 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
All bar one of the Rupo squad are from our junior program. Love to know how many teams around the state can boast that. Very proud of our great club.

Perhaps the rupi lads can gather on sunday and build a fence around there ground now that they are a major playa in the riddle league

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Didn't get to see any of today's games but I did hear that sunburys ground was in terrible condition!! Not a green blade of grass, only dirt and hard!!! If that was the case then surely the rdfl would check the state of the grounds before they appoint the grounds??? Disgraceful

Does is still go to tender or whoever expresses interest? Maybe not all grounds were up for it this weekend.

I'd have a bigger concern as to why 1v2 wasn't the stand alone game today and the other two tomorrow where travel in between could've been a lot more effective. Wallan ran a top day, well resourced but to have a game out of the predominant jurisdiction and one in the heartland no doubt leant itself to a lesser crowd over here.

May 17, 2006
VIC
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does is still go to tender or whoever expresses interest? Maybe not all grounds were up for it this weekend.

I'd have a bigger concern as to why 1v2 wasn't the stand alone game today and the other two tomorrow where travel in between could've been a lot more effective. Wallan ran a top day, well resourced but to have a game out of the predominant jurisdiction and one in the heartland no doubt leant itself to a lesser crowd over here.
The 1 v 2 game should always be stand alone. Unfair for the other club hosting to compete with that.

Wilbur125

Draftee
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Put DJ to full forward quicker next time and you might :D

He could be scary for the other finals sides if rupo get a couple of their guys back and he can stay forward. Ruffle growing in confidence after winning the goal kicking! Good to see him with another 5. Big Cariss was brilliant today, i think Riddell are always a chance to beat Romsey if Cariss can keep having impact, makes it so easier for their mids! Sylvester and Petron were showing good signs again which is a boost for the Bombers.. Big game next week! Big strong players make big impact in finals! (which is probably the one thing Romsey lack, no big key forward).

Wilbur125

Draftee
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The 1 v 2 game should always be stand alone. Unfair for the other club hosting to compete with that.
Yeah, and the RDFL really should try get hold of Clarke Oval for finals! Such a good surface, nice big ground, plenty of crowd room, neutral venue so no complaints. And the other club hosting stand alone wise.. people may watch at Kanga's if they got some of that nice green stuff footballers like called GRASS.. Brown dirt surface in a final = joke of a decision.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Anyone see spot what happened in the twos game at Wallan ? I was on the far side with traffic blocking my view but when I went round for a snakes hiss before the main game, a few in the crowd right near it said it didn't look good and the young Rupo fella got up quite groggy.

3rds game called off at Sunbury too apparently, must've been the sunshine causing some brain fades

Last edited by a moderator:

BLACKHALL

Debutant
Jan 17, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
T
Anyone see spot what happened in the twos game at Wallan ? I was on the far side with traffic blocking my view but when I went round for a snakes hiss before the main game, a few in the crowd right near it said it didn't look good and the young Rupo fella got up quite groggy.

3rds game called off at Sunbury too apparently, must've been the sunshine causing some brain fades
The Rupo bloke you speak of was knocked out at the end of the seconds game against Ridell.

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't a big crowd out at wallan today think you really have to question is it worth having a top six
The game was flat
It's a stupid system when 5 th can be playing the next week for a spot in the big one if games fall the right way
Thought the wind was a major factor in the poor footy

Back