RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So you believe service to the leaugue no report over 250 games etc
For one moment of indiscretion should hold no water your honour
You can steel a car or rob a home sell drugs if you never did it before get a good behaviour bond or less
s**t wild bill your a forgiving sole

Never been charged - deliberately kill someone - get off on the Good Bloke rule?

I think being a good character and having a good record should help you get a lesser penalty if the incident was not malicious. I haven't seen Burlak's bump, but if it was an AFL-style hip-and-shoulder which accidentally collected the Riddell bloke in the head, then there might be cause for a lesser penalty.

The head needs to be protected, no doubt, but this is not the AFL and the players make mistakes. If the intent was to hurt the player by getting him in the head, throw the book at him. But if it was an accident, I don't see why a player should miss a grand final as a result.

Understand that but surely with his record and a ambassador to the rdfl the game and his leadership let alone a ripper bloke a suspended sentence makes sence suppose not surprised Footys gone to the s**t
Wonder if the player he bumped who was supposed concussed plays this week or will the rdfl under the concusion rule give notice to prevent him playing

ambassador for the rdfl. turn it up mate and just because hes never been suspended doesn't mean he hasn't ever done anything bad on a footy field. Cameras don't catch everything in local footy ;)

No wonder our game is turning to poo. It's bloody footy, I'm sure Zane wouldn't want him to miss either.
Was the bump caught on camera?
Who are the people determining that it was deliberate?
It's local footy, if it was a love bump then let the bloke play the Granny.

No wonder our game is turning to poo. It's bloody footy, I'm sure Zane wouldn't want him to miss either.

Just for those that weren't there....it was a perfect hip and shoulder bump, that any coach would use an example of 'how to do it properly'. Not one Riddell player remonstrated, nor did anyone in the crowd yell abuse at Steve for doing it. It was a case of a 6'4 bloke knocking someone smaller than him (which most are, cos he is a big bloke). There was no malice, or intent to 'knock' the opponent out. As I have said in another post, the player was best for Riddell all day....including when he came back on after a 5 minute break.

As I said, I wasn't there but we've seen even in afl 'the perfect hip and shoulder bump' that goes slightly wrong because the offender is taller/bigger than the opponent and as soon as the head is hit, bang, your gone!!! Even accidental head to head clashes (which I don't agree with)!! I'm sure the club will use all avenues to appeal as it should, but given the umpire made the report on the spot, good luck in overturning it!!

Does an incident need to be caught on camera to find the charge proven?

Is Findlay accredited as an RDFL tribunal advocate Doona? If not, he cannot represent a player before the the RDFL tribunal. Advocate training was held for the RDFL at the start of 2012 and the accreditation lasts for two years.

Surely he could appeal his non-accreditation then proceed to get the Big Scoob off after all he's the best in the business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he could appeal his non-accreditation then proceed to get the Big Scoob off after all he's the best in the business
Rules are rules Doon. If clubs want to use Findlay, they should have sent him off to the advocate training at the start of last year. Once you start making special rules for some, where does it end?

From what Im told, Zolnierczyk (Broadford) won the 3rds, Stephens from Romsey the 2s.

Rules are rules Doon. If clubs want to use Findlay, they should have sent him off to the advocate training at the start of last year. Once you start making special rules for some, where does it end?

Spoken like a law abiding citizen ha ha, to be honest Im only killing time waiting for the Bowen results to filter thru.

Anyway Bowen Medal night this week, can't remember who I said before the season (may have been Petroro or D. Murphy?) but maybe Petroro/Cariss/Chambers poll well early with Brad Mitchell also in the mix?

Unsure about the two's (sorry lads), and I'd love to see the little red head from Broadford (Wade Zol) poll well in the 3rds as his speed and ball carry may grab the eyes of the lads in Orange. Sadly Kilmore may not figure too much, Tilley best in the 1's, the 2's god knows and with so many of the guys playing 1's at times I'd be surprised if any of the lads figure in the top 5-6 of the 3rds either.

How will Zerafa poll for you boys? I personally reckon him or Boyall would be the two who might surprise the already discussed favoured ones

Not a bad night, wish we coulda got a bet on ha ha!!! Young Wade won the 3rds and I was 'round the mark in the Bowen according to a text just received from IMS as I'm not a Twitterer

1. D.Murphy
2. C.Petroro
=3. J.Zerafa/L.Clark
=4.Mitchell/P.Sahlberg

Congrats to all winners good night was well run
Well done wade big 10 vote win in 18.5
Boys pumped for Saturday
Chris yend well done on your recognition well deserved
Dean helmers coach of the year

After talking last night at the big night the video evidence they showed at the hearing did not help Burlak. They played it numerous times and it must have looked bad. He hit him high and in the face and the rules of the game found him guilty. Burlak got one week suspension ans one week suspended for the incident talking into account his clean record. Burlak is a very clean palayer and I am sure he did not mean it but they are the rules as such and that is what we are supposed to play by. Maybe if he pleaded guilty to high contact (with his clean record) he would have only got a suspened sentance only but he chose to fight the charge. I think they will appeal and try again and try to get a reduced sentance if possible hope this clears it all up.

After talking last night at the big night the video evidence they showed at the hearing did not help Burlak. They played it numerous times and it must have looked bad. He hit him high and in the face and the rules of the game found him guilty. Burlak got one week suspension ans one week suspended for the incident talking into account his clean record. Burlak is a very clean palayer and I am sure he did not mean it but they are the rules as such and that is what we are supposed to play by. Maybe if he pleaded guilty to high contact (with his clean record) he would have only got a suspened sentance only but he chose to fight the charge. I think they will appeal and try again and try to get a reduced sentance if possible hope this clears it all up.
Fair call

So being an outsider and not tied to any team I hear a or of Goss, coach's poaching "mates" players from this league and others, should there be a separated forum to put these to interesting stories to the people. ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back