RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to rupo for getting thru to the gf in the under 18s. Sensational game of footy. Broadford should be very proud of their performance too.

Secondly a great performance by the sunbury kangaroos in the reserves to advance to the big one with yet another big win. Too fast and very polished in their performance tday which would no doubt have riddell on their toes for next weeks huge clash......

Also the senior game imo was a beauty. Match ups vs match ups all ova the ground. Congrats to diggers on their victory and once again they head to the big stage.....

I must say however I was extremely impressed with riddells game today. I beleive diggers have recruited as heavy or heavier than any side in the past 12 months, yet an undermanned riddell side were right in it til the dying stages. Full credit must go to troy scoble and serge for their great coaching tday.

Finally id like to say to the rdfl that they definately got it right with the gf venue this year. Very very tough to find a decent viewing area today. Imo opinion cars should not be allowed to park on the fence in big games. However it was a great day and very well run once again by lfield. Bring on the big one next week!!!!!

Well done to the boys at Highlands FM today, they always do a great job. I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard them announce that a particular senior coach of an RDFL team was stepping down next year. 100% wrong gents.

Great news 4 rupo. Bj is and has been sensational for the club this year.

Well done to the boys at Highlands FM today, they always do a great job. I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard them announce that a particular senior coach of an RDFL team was stepping down next year. 100% wrong gents.

Glad to hear that, wasn't an announcement as such, more a rumour and thanks for clearing it up, I was almost floored with EJ mentioned it!!!

So down to the big dance what's everyone's thoughts on the three games
Predictions etc
Let's kick it off
Under18.5 reckon macedon where gallant last week but feel that you don't go undefeated in the season for no reason and rupo to get away and win by
33 points
Reserves would have picked. Kangaroos if riddles SNR won but with players going back reckon the bombers by 21

SNR romsey have been the best side all year Deano and bourkey had done a great job with the boys and committed a lot to the romsey FNC and deserve to be favorites
I picked diggers to be there apponent several weeks ago they will be a headache for a part of the game but romsey also where not undefeated for no reason all season and will win by between 28-44 points chris petrero to be BOG
Also yendy great call yesterday broadford boys enjoyed it over on the far wing
Good calling this week champ

At least wait until after the season or after they are out of finals, that's all these guys need is more pressure to worry about than playing to win for the club they are at. Although I'm hearing there might be a walk out from a club soon, watch this space.

I really hope the rams players re committ to the club because they are a fantastic club!!!
Its only natural for rival clubs and coaches to chase the quality players but I hope the rams can stick together.
Surely its no coincidence that the two grand finalists have both looked outside the rdfl when recruiting rather than raping the rival clubs of their prized stock.
Every time I go to rockbank I feel very welcome and I have a lot of respect for the great job they are doing!!!!!!!

Who will win this Sunday ? I'm tipping Romsey . I didn't get to the game yesterday due to work. By the results it seemed tight.

I really hope the rams players re committ to the club because they are a fantastic club!!!
Its only natural for rival clubs and coaches to chase the quality players but I hope the rams can stick together.
Surely its no coincidence that the two grand finalists have both looked outside the rdfl when recruiting rather than raping the rival clubs of their prized stock.
Every time I go to rockbank I feel very welcome and I have a lot of respect for the great job they are doing!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

interesting comment that as I was always wandering how many players each week come from melbourne to clubs like a romsey or riddle with small towns as supports? Nothing wrong with it at all, good recruiting I say. On another note congrats to diggers on making the big dance, must strike early to have a chance! Bad luck to riddle, has scoble signed on for next year? Using this site as my daily update as overseas and can't get to the games!

Best of wishes to all clubs both footy and netball for the coming week. Having been there before, it's hard not to get jealous this time of year, but in saying that seeing the thrill it brings a group when the job is complete is still magic to watch.

Enjoy it for what it is, welcome all the well wishes and encouraging words that come your way as it's thoroughly deserved ..... and most importantly don't overplay things in the head before you have to ;)

Got a 21st in Bendigo on Staurday night, what are the chance of a delayed start to the 3rds ha ha?

Thanks heaps mate.. we've been strongly undermanned this year and the support from the football public and netball public has been amazing.. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So down to the big dance what's everyone's thoughts on the three games
Predictions etc
Let's kick it off
Under18.5 reckon macedon where gallant last week but feel that you don't go undefeated in the season for no reason and rupo to get away and win by
33 points
Reserves would have picked. Kangaroos if riddles SNR won but with players going back reckon the bombers by 21

SNR romsey have been the best side all year Deano and bourkey had done a great job with the boys and committed a lot to the romsey FNC and deserve to be favorites
I picked diggers to be there apponent several weeks ago they will be a headache for a part of the game but romsey also where not undefeated for no reason all season and will win by between 28-44 points chris petrero to be BOG
Thanks heaps great mate.. sorry to see your lads go down in the 18s but did they put up a cracking fight or what! amazing come back in the third term but as you said, Rupo haven't gone through the season undefeated for no reason and they'll take some beating.. for mine, the 18s was the most enjoyable game of the day .. great contest, plenty of goals and hard physical battle.. take nothing away from the Seniors.. but then when that time of the day starts, eight quarters of quality football have already gone down..
Thanks heaps to the mighty Gavatron for his help over the course of the finals.. it's been super appreciated and we all know just how brilliant he will do with the Rams next year on the back of Leighroy's and Robbie's brilliant work over the last few years.. Rockbank is definitely a club on the rise on and off the field and should be admired for how they go about bringing success to their club and the competition :)

Phew thank god for that, and here I was thinking they glares I received were after I was on OKR FM talking about the potential move. Must be just the usual glares I get once certain people don their Blue and White gear ha ha!!! Bloody odd as during the summer months or around the local area when not at the footy many seem willing to say hi :confused:

Phew thank god for that, and here I was thinking they glares I received were after I was on OKR FM talking about the potential move. Must be just the usual glares I get once certain people don their Blue and White gear ha ha!!! Bloody odd as during the summer months or around the local area when not at the footy many seem willing to say hi :confused:
How did you go with the OKR crew?? Didn't get a chance to listen in at all.. have some fun?

How did you go with the OKR crew?? Didn't get a chance to listen in at all.. have some fun?
Couldn't hear myself from all the yelling from the tent to my left ha ha!!!

Just kidding mate :D

I've been on most weeks this year when they're at Kilmore. Help them fill time with my waffle before games, half time and this week post game. Had a few goes with the HDFL guys and One FM Shepp in the past all adds to the football experience I hope to one day find a full time role in

So its come to this.Well done to Romsey n Diggers on gettin to theG/F.Whilst many on here seem envious n jelous of Romsey I say a big well done to em on what they have done to date.Having said that I do hope Diggers can break the drought n pull off a huge upset.Early forecast is 20 klm winds which I think due the diggers playing in windy conditions most weeks falls to there advantage also seen Romsey at Wallans windy ground and didnt think they played the wind well at all (yes i know they still won).Good to see Sims playing also as His experience will be a big plus im sure.The key for Diggers is makin it a contested low scoring game 12 gls or under as I dont think they have the firepower to kick a big score even with Tuckey.Also I see Dawson played 2s on weekend why is this injured or form or other?Anyways hope the game is allotted the BEST umpires and the best team wins.Good luck to all

So its come to this.Well done to Romsey n Diggers on gettin to theG/F.Whilst many on here seem envious n jelous of Romsey I say a big well done to em on what they have done to date.Having said that I do hope Diggers can break the drought n pull off a huge upset.Early forecast is 20 klm winds which I think due the diggers playing in windy conditions most weeks falls to there advantage also seen Romsey at Wallans windy ground and didnt think they played the wind well at all (yes i know they still won).Good to see Sims playing also as His experience will be a big plus im sure.The key for Diggers is makin it a contested low scoring game 12 gls or under as I dont think they have the firepower to kick a big score even with Tuckey.Also I see Dawson played 2s on weekend why is this injured or form or other?Anyways hope the game is allotted the BEST umpires and the best team wins.Good luck to all
Dawso was in for a bit of match fitness.. five goals from five marks.. brilliant ;)

RDFL “disappointed” as club votes to leave - http://bit.ly/1w6UzAP
50odd people only voted , pretty disappointing when that should be your football playing list alone , let along your netballers !!'so do they care ???????
The club must be pretty sure that the people behind the push are going to be behind the club if and when it does move . That's a HUGE commitment for the next few years for those that have pushed and pushed to see it come to fruition . Long , long drives in the car for many to get to games that's for sure !!!!
It's hard enough to get helpers on the day to games especially away games but I'm sure the brains trust have thought all this through .

50odd people only voted , pretty disappointing when that should be your football playing list alone , let along your netballers !!'so do they care ???????
The club must be pretty sure that the people behind the push are going to be behind the club if and when it does move . That's a HUGE commitment for the next few years for those that have pushed and pushed to see it come to fruition . Long , long drives in the car for many to get to games that's for sure !!!!
It's hard enough to get helpers on the day to games especially away games but I'm sure the brains trust have thought all this through .

RDFL “disappointed” as club votes to leave - http://bit.ly/1w6UzAP

This one was in todays local over our way ....

Attachments

• BFNC article.pdf
    292.7 KB · Views: 88

Remove this Banner Ad

Back