RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interleague coach Carey had us doing some great wet weather drills last night. Luke ' I maul taggers' Crowley' also gave us some great insights as to how to play wet weather football. Its was like being under Ross Lyon and Clarkson :)

We shoud smash the hawks this week
Haha so many lols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone really missing him ? I think not.
Yes Lemms i miss his honest and informative posts(unlike others such as KILMORE KINGS constant dribble) and think this forum is the poorer for it.As for the footy well done to hawks on first win no real surprises in all games only early days but sadly seems top 4 will be very similar to recent years with a few (not all)of the trailing clubs wasting good $$$ on average players with egos and opinions of own worth far greater than what is deserving

Round 2 wash up -

Rockbank aint treading water........They have sunk ! Rupo may just have a say in the top four come finals time.
Riddell just seem to do enough to get the job done without extending themselves. Melton have indeed improved & will be in the mix for that sixth finals spot.
Broadford are again found wanting without big Bazza to save the day. Lancefield are NO easybeats & they did exactly as I expected with a gutsy win at "Deliverance Oval" !!!
Diggers Rest put in their shocker for the year after having the bye in round 1. Romsey impress with a handy away win against a quality opposition, with apparently ALL their "Stars" on the sidelines !!!
Woodend show some real "Ticker" and aren't quite the basket case we all thought they'd be this season. Kilmore are still poo ! And will fight out for the wooden spoon once again.
Sunbury are showing some ominous early good form which should make everyone stand up & take notice. Macedon are much much worse than first thought, their "Window of Opportunity" is well & truly slammed shut now !

Saw Sunbury second half on sat, fast good to watch football, similar to Riddell. Also pretty sure Cacamo was running round in the seconds so to say one of their best 22 is out may be a stretch.

and wasn't named in the best
Jarred Waite played in Carltons Reserves on the weekend which was( supposed) to make a club statement !!?? I,m pretty sure he is in Carltons best 22 maybe Romsey was making some sort of statement regarding playing Caccamo in the Reserves?? Sunbury started slow I did like the game of Campbell he looked good across Half Forward on the weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far from impressed.
The stocks are depleted big time.. hoping to see some new faces with a bit of passion for footy through this forum having a run around in the fluro orange.. and hopefully we see a few more kids get into it.. ran with a youngster at Macedon in round one who did junior field last year.. decided to give it up because he was sick of the abuse.. at least we didn't lose him completely as he is still running boundary on Saturday.. shame he is just 15..

The stocks are depleted big time.. hoping to see some new faces with a bit of passion for footy through this forum having a run around in the fluro orange.. and hopefully we see a few more kids get into it.. ran with a youngster at Macedon in round one who did junior field last year.. decided to give it up because he was sick of the abuse.. at least we didn't lose him completely as he is still running boundary on Saturday.. shame he is just 15..

Yeah that's the problem. To much abuse, I mean the umpires go out each week try there hardest and they make mistakes like everyone else does yet because there umpires supports think they have the right to abuse them. I would like to see the majority of suppoters umpire and to see just how hard it is, cause it aint easy.

Round 2 wash up -

Rockbank aint treading water........They have sunk ! Rupo may just have a say in the top four come finals time.
Riddell just seem to do enough to get the job done without extending themselves. Melton have indeed improved & will be in the mix for that sixth finals spot.
Broadford are again found wanting without big Bazza to save the day. Lancefield are NO easybeats & they did exactly as I expected with a gutsy win at "Deliverance Oval" !!!
Diggers Rest put in their shocker for the year after having the bye in round 1. Romsey impress with a handy away win against a quality opposition, with apparently ALL their "Stars" on the sidelines !!!
Woodend show some real "Ticker" and aren't quite the basket case we all thought they'd be this season. Kilmore are still poo ! And will fight out for the wooden spoon once again.
Sunbury are showing some ominous early good form which should make everyone stand up & take notice. Macedon are much much worse than first thought, their "Window of Opportunity" is well & truly slammed shut now !

GREAT READ OMNIPOTENT! last 3 pages have found alot of irrelevent comments about the footy. I have to agree with everything you have said. Rupo are a well structured team and i am impressed how they work together. No surprise Rockbank have dropped off, I will be surprised if they win 2 games this year. Boys will get a welcome addition to there kitchen at the clubrooms come seasons end (wooden spoon)
I like the way Sunbury are looking.

Yeah that's the problem. To much abuse, I mean the umpires go out each week try there hardest and they make mistakes like everyone else does yet because there umpires supports think they have the right to abuse them. I would like to see the majority of suppoters umpire and to see just how hard it is, cause it aint easy.
That's exactly spot on.. no-one realises how hard the gig is until they go out there and do it themselves.. the abuse is pathetic.. especially at some of the younger umpires.. if I had the guts and stupidity to go to a junior footy game and abuse players in an Under 14 side and keep it going with each mistake they make.. I'd be hammered.. and I say Under 14s, because some kids umpiring, are in fact in that age bracket and they are getting belted by the crowd..
I've been around umpiring circles for the best part of eight years and rarely, if at all, would you hear a group of umpires huddled together talking about the mistakes that players make on game day.. umpires don't make decisions that cost games of football.. it's the errors caused by players that perhaps bring the game close enough to have a single decision impact a game of football.. if footballers were perfect and error-free.. there would be no need for umpires..

Sitting here bored might have a go at a prediction ladder for the season, might throw a few curveballs in there. see how i go.

Riddell
Sunbury
Romsey
Rupertswood
Diggers
Melton

Lancefield
Macedon
Wallan
Broadford
Kilmore
Woodend
Rockbank

anyone with any thoughts on that?

Sitting here bored might have a go at a prediction ladder for the season, might throw a few curveballs in there. see how i go.

Riddell
Sunbury
Romsey
Rupertswood
Diggers
Melton

Lancefield
Macedon
Wallan
Broadford
Kilmore
Woodend
Rockbank

anyone with any thoughts on that?
Well done.. maybe Lancefield over Melton Centrals? Potentially Broadford when fully fit? This season has plenty of twists and turns left in this one and I think we'll see some surprises come September..

Want a bet!]

We're not going to bring that up again are we.......

As I said a few months back, if anyone has umpire related questions they wish to ask, feel free, more than happy to answer what I can about rules, our group etc. Not really up for umpire bashing sessions though. As ChrisThaLedg said, we are struggling for numbers and depth so we request a bit of understanding. Anyone that thinks they could do a better job is more than welcome to try, we have plenty of spots available and maybe then I won't have umpire any more u/18 games before I head back out in the seniors.

We're not going to bring that up again are we.......

As I said a few months back, if anyone has umpire related questions they wish to ask, feel free, more than happy to answer what I can about rules, our group etc. Not really up for umpire bashing sessions though. As ChrisThaLedg said, we are struggling for numbers and depth so we request a bit of understanding. Anyone that thinks they could do a better job is more than welcome to try, we have plenty of spots available and maybe then I won't have umpire any more u/18 games before I head back out in the seniors.

I'm on your side O.U...........NO I REALLY am !!!.........................Maybe what you could spell out here for ALL & sundry, is what you guys feel is the difference between acceptable "Constructive" feedback/criticism & straight out unacceptable abuse ???.................It may help perhaps. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back