RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes been there, IMO problems for g/f are car parking, disabled acces or the elderly getting to view a g/f , no shelter if wet and the bloody obvious 1 who wants a g/f on an east- west ground.
Come on mate. Where's the romance of a side coming from 10 goals down at three-quarter-time and kicking with the aid of the sun?

Could some one please tell the last time a grand final was influenced by a home ground advantage?Ive watched many metro n country grannies the last 30 yrs and never left thinking one side had an unfair home ground advantage.Hell I despise Collingwood and even they won a grand final on their home ground.
Surely you play at the ground with the best combination of surface,viewing,parking,facilities and location with Romsey a clear pick in the Rdfl atm

Could some one please tell the last time a grand final was influenced by a home ground advantage?Ive watched many metro n country grannies the last 30 yrs and never left thinking one side had an unfair home ground advantage.Hell I despise Collingwood and even they won a grand final on their home ground.
Surely you play at the ground with the best combination of surface,viewing,parking,facilities and location with Romsey a clear pick in the Rdfl atm
I don't remember the last time Collingwood won a Grand Final at Victoria Park!

Well IMO If last years gf is played at diggers, diggers win.

Well IMO If last years gf is played at diggers, diggers win.
Joking arnt ya?So you reckon diggers where coached better n played better?That Romsey only won due to home ground advantage?Funny!What if game was played at Lancy Macedon or Riddell?I reckon Romsey still cos they where better coached and played better.

I don't remember the last time Collingwood won a Grand Final at Victoria Park!
Another great decision the Bombers made by going to a stadium which holds less than the amount of members you have! The Bombers play at the G seven times this year, North only play there once! Have a look at Michael Hartley CHB for the Bombers this year, he may surprise a few!

Another great decision the Bombers made by going to a stadium which holds less than the amount of members you have! The Bombers play at the G seven times this year, North only play there once! Have a look at Michael Hartley CHB for the Bombers this year, he may surprise a few!
Agree re Hartley. Had a great season last year in the VFL.

You still got those selfies Travis n Dane sent ya?Just wanna know if Clokes actually got any balls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zak Saad to Southport. Living with his cousin Adam from GC Suns
Jacob Hislop to Broadford, not Zach.

Ki
Joking arnt ya?So you reckon diggers where coached better n played better?That Romsey only won due to home ground advantage?Funny!What if game was played at Lancy Macedon or Riddell?I reckon Romsey still cos they where better coached and played better.
What did Romsey do so fantastically that out coached Diggers.

Head down the shark tank next week and see for your self. Why would Riddell know if this was true or not?

Shark Tank ... now I understand whilst it's so often waterlogged, nothing to do with the school not re-investing in it's facilities but more so to prevent the Sharks from dying :D

Ki

What did Romsey do so fantastically that out coached Diggers.
Dont think Romsey reinvented the wheel at all.Also as I have never been a coach nor will be so I dont like to criticise too much.I admire and respect any coach who commits and coaches a team at any level of sport..
However I will say Sims should not of played in the Gf in my opinion as I think hes passed it and would of been better suited coaching from side lines full time.
Similar to 2014 when diggers allowed tessari to float accross half back on his own and dominate the game why in 2015 was Burkett allowed to play a similar role albeit covering more ground down field with no accountability from Diggers?Both bog.
Romsey may of only won by 12 pts? but margin flattered Diggers as they got the last few goals when in all honesty game was over.I could go on but wont as we all know its history however you seem to suggest Diggers should of won?I also think Diggers had a better list and expected them to win but they underperformed on the day with Romsey attacking and playing better.
Ive watched Diggers in their last 3 Gfs and hoped each time they would win sadly this hasnt been the case.
I wont add any more on this subject but I await your reasons why Diggers lost Or was it only due to the home ground advantage?
Onto 2016 I do hope Diggers can win it as they have many good people including Sims who deserve it

Either Hislop will be a good pick up for Broadford. Zach had a better year last year but they are both quality at this level.
Indeed, Jacob was called up for the Grand Final following a broken leg injury to an Abers player in the first semi-final.

Yes been there, IMO problems for g/f are car parking, disabled acces or the elderly getting to view a g/f , no shelter if wet and the bloody obvious 1 who wants a g/f on an east- west ground.
You know it,s strange how the AFL Clubs have spent millions on upgrading their training grounds (Western Bulldogs North-South , Collingwood North-South I think Essendons new facility has both a North-South and East-West facing grounds and try and emulate the size of the MCG yet the MCG is an East-West facing ground ? That may explain why Travis Cloke cant kick straight he is confused LOL.

Most AFL clubs train about 10am to 2pm .........
your missing the point Matt . My point is all of these so called professional clubs that invest millions of dollars pal yet only Essendon has the foresight in investing in both dynamics . North /South and East/ West grounds .. SCG East/West ..Subiaco East/West...Perth Oval East/West ....it must have some affect on the outcome of premierships ? Waverley East /West ?? How many flags have been won with clubs training on a North South Ground in the AFL in the past 10 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back