RDFL Netball.

George 08

Senior List
Jan 5, 2008
Gordon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All scores for the Lancefield v Romsey matches have been entered on the RDFL website.

This weekend is the showdown for C & A grade for top spot as Melton takes on Romsey at home. This i think will be the decider as to who may take the flag home!!

Good luck to both sides:)

Na it won't be the decider, it has be proven in the past that the regular season means jack when it comes to finals time. Centrals have been playing without the best player for quite some time. This match does prove to be an awesome game, however, I don't reckon whoever wins this match up will be certainties to be holding up that flag.

I can't wait to watch it though, good luck to everyone :)

know_a_thing_or_2

Senior List
Aug 7, 2008
KURUNJANG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Na it won't be the decider, it has be proven in the past that the regular season means jack when it comes to finals time. Centrals have been playing without the best player for quite some time. This match does prove to be an awesome game, however, I don't reckon whoever wins this match up will be certainties to be holding up that flag.

I can't wait to watch it though, good luck to everyone :)

I agree, finals are very different to the regular season. Pressure gets to some people, teams are "topped up" with players from other grades, there are a number of factors that can swing a game either way.

Thought I'd have a go at guessing how the season will end up across all three grades.

A GRADE

Interesting to see that Centrals play 4 of the teams in the top 6 in the last 4 rounds. This will either put them in good stead come the finals or hand them their first loss in a long time.

I'd say spots 4 to 8 are open to movement with the possibility that Diggers could knock Wallan out of contention with 3 likely wins coming out of the last 4 rounds v Rockbank, Broadford and Kilmore with the loss coming against Lancefield. I wouldn't count Sunbury out of the mix either if they can get up over Wallan this week.

I still think Centrals can take it out althought they had quite a scare from Sunbury a few weeks ago. If they get Bec Periera back they'll be hard to beat.

Romsey v Centrals in the big one.

B GRADE

I'd say the top 6 are all sewn up with the only possible movement being between 5 and 7.

Centrals are sitting in 5th (10W & 4L) with a rough trot home with all games against teams above them. They could finish 6th or 7th with Macedon and Sunbury currently just behind them with 8W & 6L and 7W & 7L respectively.

I'm gonna go with a Romsey v Lancefield grand final.

C GRADE

Top 5 set with Wallan in 5th spot 3 wins clear of Kilmore in 6th. 6th spot open to Kilmore, Macedon and Lancefield. I'm gonna go with Macedon making up the 6 given the home stretch of each team. Centrals will face 3 top 6 teams in the last leg of the season as will Wallan.

This one is a toss up for me. Any of the top 4 could make the grand final and as a C Grade player, I don't want to put the "mozz" on anyone so I'll keep my thoughts to myself :D

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Just returned a missed call from the Broadford clubrooms from about 6pm tonight, seems this Saturdays matches between the Roos and Woodend has been transferred to Harley Hammond Reserve (Broadford) due to the state of the ground.

I reckon if we all could help spread the word at such late notice both Woodend and Broadford club's would be extremely appreciative.

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
R.D.F.L. NETBALL Top Goal Scorers.

After Round 14.

Christine Harris.........(Riddell) - 521

Hope Hamilton..........(Romsey) - 469

Mardi Button..............(Melton) - 362

Rebecca Lally............(Lancefield) - 337

Melissa Deruiter.........(Macedon) - 306

Vanessa Seddon..........(Diggers) - 293

Rebecca Pereira.............(Melton) - 283

Anna Soldatic.............(Lancefield) - 245

Kila Elavo....................(Sunbury) - 244

Renee Sari...................(Kilmore) - 235

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
Anyone from Romsey or Melton wanna give us a rundown on their top of the table Netball clash on Saturday........ Must have been a real cracker by all accounts !
These two sides must be certainties to play out this seasons Grand Final one would think. :thumbsu:
A must see for ALL R.D.F.L. Netball fans !

It Is Me

Senior List
Aug 30, 2006
Anywhere there is footy
AFL Club
Richmond
Wallan and Woodend Saturday 7 August - venue

Please note the seniors and the reserves games of football that were to be played at Woodend on Saturday, have been transferred to Clifford Reserve Greene Street Macedon.

Please note all 3 NETBALL games will still be played at Woodend.

For directions to Greens Street Macedon, please click on the Google link.

Greene St <http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Greene+Street,+Macedon,+Victoria&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=33.002964,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greene+St,+Macedon+Victoria+3440&ll=-37.431796,144.568405&spn=0.057251,0.109692&z=13>
Macedon VIC 3440

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott

After Round 15.

Christine Harris.........(Riddell) - 559

Hope Hamilton..........(Romsey) - 518

Rebecca Lally.........(Lancefield) - 390

Mardi Button...............(Melton) - 383

Melissa Deruiter.........(Macedon) - 355

Vanessa Seddon..........(Diggers) - 321

Anna Soldatic...........(Lancefield) - 294

Kila Elavo....................(Sunbury) - 261

Renee Sari...................(Kilmore) - 236

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
Hope Hamilton shot 80(eighty)goals today.

Was very impressed with her on the few occasions I have seen her play this season. She has a very athletic physique. Perfect for the game of netball, moves well & has a real on court presence. The Redbacks have unearthed an absolute GEM here in Hope, & I have no doubt she will figure very prominently in Romsey's march towards possible Premiership success.

With the other 4 sides in the top 6 all showing major deficiancies in their game styles, this demonstrates that -
As shown by their round 15 encounter, Romsey are the ONLY team in the competition that can challenge Melton for the Flag.

George 08

Senior List
Jan 5, 2008
Gordon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have you checked out yesterdays results Omni??

Lancefield have inflicted Centrals first loss of the year! They were unbelievable in the way they played. I've said it before, anyone in the top four are a massive chance if they bring their A game! Lancefield have proven to mix it with the best, Romsey are outstanding and Macedon are just quietly motoring along. Centrals have a tough run home, after playing Romsey and Lancefield, we have Wallan and Riddell who are in the mix.

This final series will be a cracker!

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
Have you checked out yesterdays results Omni??

Lancefield have inflicted Centrals first loss of the year! They were unbelievable in the way they played. I've said it before, anyone in the top four are a massive chance if they bring their A game! Lancefield have proven to mix it with the best, Romsey are outstanding and Macedon are just quietly motoring along. Centrals have a tough run home, after playing Romsey and Lancefield, we have Wallan and Riddell who are in the mix.

This final series will be a cracker!

An aberration I'm sure Georgie boy. Your coach probably tinkering with the side just a little bit before Finals start, with nothing to lose. Wont do the team any harm, & will give him a bit of ammo' to fire the girls up come the business end of the season.

Romsey are the clear standouts to challenge Melton in my mind....... The rest are just making up the numbers....... unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Wallan have the set up but no power shooters. Lancefield have the shooters but lack consistency & a quality defence. Riddell have a goal shooting machine in Christine Harris (that never misses), but turn the ball over far to often going forward. & Macedon STILL have set up issues under the ring..... only now they are worse than last season when it cost them the Premiership !

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott

After Round 16.

Christine Harris.........(Riddell) - 600

Hope Hamilton..........(Romsey) - 598

Rebecca Lally.........(Lancefield) - 424

Mardi Button...............(Melton) - 403

Melissa Deruiter.........(Macedon) - 355

Vanessa Seddon..........(Diggers) - 321

Anna Soldatic...........(Lancefield) - 321

Kila Elavo....................(Sunbury) - 281

Yasmin Dickson.............(Wallan) - 253

Renee Sari....................(Kilmore) - 238

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
Hope Hamilton shot 80(eighty)goals today.

Well, as good a performance as that was for Hope against Kilmore in round 16, she has raised the bar even higher with a game high tally of 82 goals against the Rams on Saturday ! Well done Hope your a star ! :thumbsu:

Anyone out there know how she goes in the percentage department ?

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott

After Round 17.

Hope Hamilton...........(Romsey) - 680

Christine Harris...........(Riddell) - 643

Rebecca Lally.........(Lancefield) - 437

Mardi Button...............(Melton) - 420

Melissa Deruiter........(Macedon) - 400

Vanessa Seddon..........(Diggers) - 380

Anna Soldatic...........(Lancefield) - 340

Kila Elavo...................(Sunbury) - 313

Rebecca Pereira............(Melton) - 283

Yasmin Dickson.............(Wallan) - 262

Renee Sari....................(Kilmore) - 238

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott

After Round 18.

Hope Hamilton...........(Romsey) - 717

Christine Harris...........(Riddell) - 657

Rebecca Lally.........(Lancefield) - 461

Mardi Button...............(Melton) - 440

Melissa Deruiter........(Macedon) - 440

Vanessa Seddon..........(Diggers) - 418

Anna Soldatic...........(Lancefield) - 362

Kila Elavo...................(Sunbury) - 356

Rebecca Pereira............(Melton) - 283

Yasmin Dickson.............(Wallan) - 282

Renee Sari....................(Kilmore) - 253

know_a_thing_or_2

Senior List
Aug 7, 2008
KURUNJANG
AFL Club
Collingwood
does anyone know the winners for the league best and fairest for the netball??

Here ya go Loz, must have just been added to the RDFL Website

On Monday Night, Tom Waters (Lancefield) and Christine Harris (Riddell) won the Bowen Medal and Ryan Medal respectively after being judged the best and fairest player in the 2010 season.
Harris, 22, was a run away winning after polling in 11 of the first 12 rounds. Amazingly, she only polled once more for the season but still won by 6 votes from Wallan’s Kirrily Gilchrist.

Waters added another Bowen to his 2008 Medal and this year also won the Buffalo Sports Award (judged as best player by the goal umpires), selected as the ruckman in the Harrison Hyundai Team of the Year and named as the Player of the Year. In a thrilling count Waters beat Kilmore’s Matthew Robertson by one vote.

Other award winners on the night included Rebecca Locker (Romsey, Netballer of the Year), Daniel Markworth (Macedon, Steve Turner Medalist – Dome Security Rising Gun Award), Jane Matthews (Riddell, C Grade Best and Fairest), Emma Hyland (Macedon, B Grade Best and Fairest), Jack Sheahan (Diggers Rest, Watson Medalist), Paul Snowden (Melton Centrals) and Steven James (Kangaroos) tied for the Scarborough Medal.

Lozzarockbank

Rookie
Apr 21, 2009
Melton
AFL Club
Collingwood
hopefully i can get my hands on the votes for everyone again as it's interesting to see how everyone went :) i missed a few games so won't go as well as i did last year but still nice to see though!

does anyone know who got runners up in each grade??

Back