RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's come out that RDFL will play the Alberton league next year. You'd think with the win against Napean the RDFL should play agaisnt a better league?

It's come out that RDFL will play the Alberton league next year. You'd think with the win against Napean the RDFL should play agaisnt a better league?

Couldn't beat the Alberton League at home two years back, seems about right to me

Hope all goes well for the Kilmore boys with their approved move to the NFL.
Best of luck lads

At this stage all its done is prolong the inevitable if you ask me - the club now needs those who pledged support and made noise to follow up with actions. I too hope it can be a successful move as a lot of hard working folk deserve it.

At this stage all its done is prolong the inevitable if you ask me - the club now needs those who pledged support and made noise to follow up with actions. I too hope it can be a successful move as a lot of hard working folk deserve it.

Agree Doona, atleast common sense prevailed to give them a chance. I am sure once AFL Vic complete their review (sometime this century), where clubs are currently playing will change, so for me this is not about the now and which league they are in, it is about them simply having a CHANCE at survival and then in a few years they will be put in the most appropriate league by AFL VIC. Your right though, all this is is a chance, if the people that orchestrated the change don't get on board that's weak. I have seen it a few times where people come into clubs, critical of the current, make a heap of change, realise they were wrong, but instead of seeing it through bail and the club is in worse position, hopefully for Kilmore that's not the case as they have a proud tradition / history, and a population and some opportunities to support a strong club including the school network ,which whilst currently broken, remains an opportunity to grow the club on.

With Kilmore switching league's does that mean all players are know free agents ? and what happens to the point system if they go to other clubs in the RDFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand why would it make any difference without Kilmore ???

Exactly, everyone has $hit canned Kilmore's list anyway so besides the 4 or 8 points everyone misses out on - any players who stay in the RDFL will be 3rds kids to Wallan who will be Rupo's only threat, and/or 2s players at RDFL clubs.

Agree Doona, atleast common sense prevailed to give them a chance. I am sure once AFL Vic complete their review (sometime this century), where clubs are currently playing will change, so for me this is not about the now and which league they are in, it is about them simply having a CHANCE at survival and then in a few years they will be put in the most appropriate league by AFL VIC. Your right though, all this is is a chance, if the people that orchestrated the change don't get on board that's weak. I have seen it a few times where people come into clubs, critical of the current, make a heap of change, realise they were wrong, but instead of seeing it through bail and the club is in worse position, hopefully for Kilmore that's not the case as they have a proud tradition / history, and a population and some opportunities to support a strong club including the school network ,which whilst currently broken, remains an opportunity to grow the club on.

I got in big trouble a decade ago (Yea FNC were even told to shut me up ha ha) for suggesting something that a regional manager to the north didn't wanna acknowledge. At the time they pulled the rug on a pretty good little comp (The Central Goulburn FL) both standard wise and relationship wise which was disbanded in 2005.

Broadford had approached about joining in 2006, the powers that be wouldn't acknowledge it when the CGFL Board had in fact met with the club. We looked liked losing 2-3 clubs but were willing to team up with the BDFL - Bonnie Doon, Benalla All Blacks, Longwood etc. in order to remain ..... again wouldn't even be considered.

Where I live and have grown up, we have a great little boundary for a footy comp. In my opinion it's very workable but needs AFL Vic or someone with the brains to set it up. Seymour is our major league club - the local cricket and junior footy leagues encompass the following towns - Kilmore, Broadford, Tallarook, Puckapunyal, Yea, Alex, Thornton, Seymour (cricket), Avenel, Nagambie, Heathcote (junior footy). Add in Longwood, even say Violet Town/Bonnie Doon.

There has been whispers of maybe a major league or two trialling going to Under 19s or even 20s with a senior side only because some major league battle to field 2s nowadays as district comps pay $200 or so for major leauge 2s players. For argument sake a Seymour DFL could have 8-9 surrounding clubs under its banner, Kings Park it's admin centre and finals venue. Travel reduced etc etc and relationships forged thru junior footy (and cricket) would continue right thru.

Thinking out aloud (sorryTerry I know you hate me posts) but I see the relationships and hear of them via Gisborne cricket, and with the gravitation more west by the RDFL for its new base, I wouldn't be surprised if even a Lancefield (and B'ford again) gets edgy in a year or two.

Fair to say AFL Vic will do whatever AFL Vic wants, take this Kilmore decision for instance. Word has it the decision date may have been put back simply because the panel members hadn't had time to sit and discuss. Give me a spell, that is what they're paid to do surely.

Don't forget you clubs are meant to have the power, you pay the fee's, you are the key stakeholders. The sooner you all realise this, the better off you will be. The Board to some degree and your administrators are actually paid to serve you and you're clubs best interest, not tell you how it's gunna be regardless of your thoughts.

And for what it's worth, I fully endorse the idea of hubs and administrations as local footy has become business minded for the majority of us "uneducated" folk to grasp - I just think the most important voices of all (clubs and club volunteers) aren't given the respect or acknowledgement they deserve at times.

Sorry Terry Chan :( ......

Last edited:
Confirmed - Kilmore into the NFL. Good numbers on the track for them tonight with several local boys returned from the NFL including a bulked up Nick Sheldon.
Blueboy you seem to know what's happening at kilmore. I have heard lots of rumours that kilmore Juniors are going to the NFL can you confirm or deny?

Will that happen though doona ?
Its easy enough to say that you will put your hand up and help out but when push comes to shove thats when you find out who is serious and who talks shite !

Will that happen though doona ?
Its easy enough to say that you will put your hand up and help out but when push comes to shove thats when you find out who is serious and who talks shite !

No idea johnny I guess time will tell

No idea johnny I guess time will tell

Wish them well, they get to move on and so does the league and without disrespecting Kilmore the draw becomes tougher for everyone as their is no real guaranteed wins in the fixture pending recruiting of course so the unevenness of teams getting easier draws than others reduces. two extra games which on average for most clubs assume an additional $10k required for the playing budget.

I got in big trouble a decade ago (Yea FNC were even told to shut me up ha ha) for suggesting something that a regional manager to the north didn't wanna acknowledge. At the time they pulled the rug on a pretty good little comp (The Central Goulburn FL) both standard wise and relationship wise which was disbanded in 2005.

Broadford had approached about joining in 2006, the powers that be wouldn't acknowledge it when the CGFL Board had in fact met with the club. We looked liked losing 2-3 clubs but were willing to team up with the BDFL - Bonnie Doon, Benalla All Blacks, Longwood etc. in order to remain ..... again wouldn't even be considered.

Where I live and have grown up, we have a great little boundary for a footy comp. In my opinion it's very workable but needs AFL Vic or someone with the brains to set it up. Seymour is our major league club - the local cricket and junior footy leagues encompass the following towns - Kilmore, Broadford, Tallarook, Puckapunyal, Yea, Alex, Thornton, Seymour (cricket), Avenel, Nagambie, Heathcote (junior footy). Add in Longwood, even say Violet Town/Bonnie Doon.

There has been whispers of maybe a major league or two trialling going to Under 19s or even 20s with a senior side only because some major league battle to field 2s nowadays as district comps pay $200 or so for major leauge 2s players. For argument sake a Seymour DFL could have 8-9 surrounding clubs under its banner, Kings Park it's admin centre and finals venue. Travel reduced etc etc and relationships forged thru junior footy (and cricket) would continue right thru.

Thinking out aloud (sorryTerry I know you hate me posts) but I see the relationships and hear of them via Gisborne cricket, and with the gravitation more west by the RDFL for its new base, I wouldn't be surprised if even a Lancefield (and B'ford again) gets edgy in a year or two.

Fair to say AFL Vic will do whatever AFL Vic wants, take this Kilmore decision for instance. Word has it the decision date may have been put back simply because the panel members hadn't had time to sit and discuss. Give me a spell, that is what they're paid to do surely.

Don't forget you clubs are meant to have the power, you pay the fee's, you are the key stakeholders. The sooner you all realise this, the better off you will be. The Board to some degree and your administrators are actually paid to serve you and you're clubs best interest, not tell you how it's gunna be regardless of your thoughts.

And for what it's worth, I fully endorse the idea of hubs and administrations as local footy has become business minded for the majority of us "uneducated" folk to grasp - I just think the most important voices of all (clubs and club volunteers) aren't given the respect or acknowledgement they deserve at times.

I thought this is what the AFL Goldfields board and staff role in the region is, to make all leagues and clubs, viable and competitive.

The scary thing I see, is as the suburbs are growing in Melbourne's North and North/West, the regions of leagues like NFL, EDFL, WRL are going to get bigger. So now with Kilmore gone someone else will finish on the bottom and how long is it going to before another team says its need to move out of the RDFL to survive?

Stop making sense Doona !

I thought this is what the AFL Goldfields board and staff role in the region is, to make all leagues and clubs, viable and competitive.

The scary thing I see, is as the suburbs are growing in Melbourne's North and North/West, the regions of leagues like NFL, EDFL, WRL are going to get bigger. So now with Kilmore gone someone else will finish on the bottom and how long is it going to before another team says its need to move out of the RDFL to survive?
I see a real opportunity for Wallan here

Never said it wasn't the case, and we all have to do our bit to preserve local footy (that's all it is) .... I just think the club's and their volunteer's deserve a bit more say or robust conversation at least on certain topics, especially when they're the one's footing the bill so to speak.

Must be nearing AGM time, are we expecting many chances at Board level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back