RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say I was told on Friday night Riddell may lose a few, Trentham and "neighbouring" RDFL clubs was the exact wording

Must say I was told on Friday night Riddell may lose a few, Trentham and "neighbouring" RDFL clubs was the exact wording

Speaking with Scoble and the turnover is nothing alarming - some will leave and they will be replaced. Keep an eye on the clearances closer to the dead line.

Apologies Riddell and Romsey .Has this rumour got any merit ? Is it doing the rounds ? Promises of future coaching positions being floated .

I would be suprised if they both continued in 2016. It is now a full time job and with young familes a massive time suck. There is also no break from it as recruiting starts as soon as the year finishes.

Would not suprise me if these clubs are offering assistant roles with the chance to become the senior coach in the next year or 2. Paul Roos - Simon Goodwin.

Wild bill clubs are about to go thru tough times with the mentality of the modern footballer. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Playing 4 the almighty club jumper is a fading memory. It makes me sick!!!!!!!

However clubs can play the same game now. A player leaves 4 money, its simple replace him with someone better. An opposition club targets your players, so target theirs.

All players should be contracted by now, if a player chooses to breach the contract and go elsewhere its simple again, leave him out of footy for a year.

Ive had a few premiership players come to me and tell me they can get more money elsewhere. I say of course u can. Im not going to try and compete with what a player can get on the open market. If u only want to stay if u get paid more than what the club can afford then u arent the player our club wants to keep.

We as clubs are all under pressure to succeed but clubs like romsey, riddell and sunbury are prepared from all reports to achieve it without bowing down to mercenaries!!!!!

One of the funniest posts ive seen on this forum.Surely not from the club itself?If so even funnier well done
Probably even funnier for the 3 clubs (that I know of) in this comp who's players have already been given these obscene offers.

Tulla have been throwing around these offers for a couple of months now without much luck.

Had a good look at some of the Romsey stars up close and personal last night.. a few good young guns coming through and some promising recruits on the rise.. while the full team wasn't on display, still some very good signs ahead.. especially with the young stars

They don't need to recruit, this year and for many to come they get a group of kids no other team in the comp can match.

They don't need to recruit, this year and for many to come they get a group of kids no other team in the comp can match.
I agree great author however as seen in this years finals series they will have to tinker with their game plan even though injuries definitely hampered their shot at this years title. That Fremantle brand of football is taxing and wont get them enough score to compete with Diggers ,Romsey ,Sunbury who seem will have the forwards in 2015 to kick winning scores come finals time .

I agree great author however as seen in this years finals series they will have to tinker with their game plan even though injuries definitely hampered their shot at this years title. That Fremantle brand of football is taxing and wont get them enough score to compete with Diggers ,Romsey ,Sunbury who seem will have the forwards in 2015 to kick winning scores come finals time .
You forgot Broadford, they now have that gun forward John Baker in their forward line.

Dan Jordan and Leigh Brennan gives Rupo plenty of fire power. Struggled to get it in there during the finals. As you mentioned their game style and structure fell apart...injuries didn't help. Still think the injuries hurt them a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last year all I seemed to hear was how well diggers and rupo were defensively structured!!!
Imo thats a polite way of saying they were competitive.
romsey were the best defensive side in the comp last year without incorporating the boring fremantle based gameplan. Yes we had sum close games but lets face it, romsey won the premiership with about 6 players playing well. Now thats defensive structure!!!!

I heard a rumour that diggers rest have been approached by the superrules masters to lodge their side for 2015 as they are all old burnt out hasbeens chasing a premiership? ??????
Payney can u shed any light on this rumour please mate?????

I heard a rumour that diggers rest have been approached by the superrules masters to lodge their side for 2015 as they are all old burnt out hasbeens chasing a premiership? ??????
Payney can u shed any light on this rumour please mate?????
You need to stop putting these posts on when you're pissed Mongrel. Don't have any players over 29y.o.

Dan Jordan and Leigh Brennan gives Rupo plenty of fire power. Struggled to get it in there during the finals. As you mentioned their game style and structure fell apart...injuries didn't help. Still think the injuries hurt them a lot.
Their season fell apart in round 16 the day they played Riddell at Riddell. Some big injuries for Rupo that day it determined their fate for the rest of the season . From memory Dan Jordan didn't play and they isolated Brennan 1 out in the forward 50 giving him Pagans Paddock to work within .Rupo always had 2 extra at the stoppages and played a 7 man defensive zone .They pushed hard all day running hard forward on (that ) ground in (terrible) heavy (taxing )conditions and they had a bench full of injuries by the end of the game. Great effort to win but that ended up being their Grand Finale...On another note
Dan Jordan is a gun but by the time the ball gets to him he has at least 3 opponents . In the final at Rockbank Rupo v Diggers was a classic example Lenny Clarke dropped back Rupo had all the numbers at the contest and every time Rupo went forward Jordan was 1 on 3 and Lenny Clarke was one of the 3 ! No forward in this comp would stand a chance in that situation . I think in 2015 Lenny Clarke could be potentially the best player in the comp .He is a great player to watch he,s a tall that is great at ground level and is hard at it for a big man.

Their season fell apart in round 16 the day they played Riddell at Riddell. Some big injuries for Rupo that day it determined their fate for the rest of the season . From memory Dan Jordan didn't play and they isolated Brennan 1 out in the forward 50 giving him Pagans Paddock to work within .Rupo always had 2 extra at the stoppages and played a 7 man defensive zone .They pushed hard all day running hard forward on (that ) ground in (terrible) heavy (taxing )conditions and they had a bench full of injuries by the end of the game. Great effort to win but that ended up being their Grand Finale...On another note
Dan Jordan is a gun but by the time the ball gets to him he has at least 3 opponents . In the final at Rockbank Rupo v Diggers was a classic example Lenny Clarke dropped back Rupo had all the numbers at the contest and every time Rupo went forward Jordan was 1 on 3 and Lenny Clarke was one of the 3 ! No forward in this comp would stand a chance in that situation . I think in 2015 Lenny Clarke could be potentially the best player in the comp .He is a great player to watch he,s a tall that is great at ground level and is hard at it for a big man.
You make some excellent points but in fairness 3 of the injuries that day were impact injuries. An elbow, collar bone and ankle can't really be linked to a taxing game plan.

They used that game plan all year and it worked well. I do think they need to hold more structure forward of the ball. In finals people panic and sideways handballs through traffic are harder to pull off. Romsey really pressured them in the first final and forced turnovers.

They were know where near romsey last year. All other teams can think of these wonderful excuses. Diggers had some momentum but never were a challenge .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back