RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
;)Nice try again but there is no pressure because we don't actually believe 90% of what's on the sight it's all a bit of fun
And opinions that all are intitled to have
Well here is my 10% truth......Keston your annoying the absolute crap out me and many others........
Broadford is your club....yes
Well it's time you focused on getting them up and about, instead of the negatives.
I haven't seen many other clubs or members from clubs whinge as much as you at this time of the year.
But there is one club that won't be playing any home games this year and credit to them, i haven't heard about or read any negatives posts...........
They have embraced it and moved on.

Keston this is a Site not a sight............

Look at the fixture the year prior any way shouldn't the top sides meet twice and like wise bottom sides from the year prior makes for better footy and mixes up finals opurtunity and no the leaugue didn't offer any deal or anything guess it was the luck of the draw
Doona can you explain a$$

Arse is the word, not my words but the dude I was quoting

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:C

That's nice
see you have been on this site (sight big whoop ) for a whole 3 posts and you state my opinions as crap so you have read all the positive and supporting points I have put up and state then those in agreance are full of crap big call mate
The club and myself prior to me joining discussed big footy and I have agreed its a bit of fun and that since October - nov last year have on purpose not discussed my club the site is for general discussion the club I am involved with rather focus on the positive I bring such as recruitment fund raising and my positive attitude and 29 years of local footy with experience at a Snr level as a president Vice President coach player committe member and yes at a few different clubs due to travel or living needs and the tens of thousands of my own $$$ I have put in (not what is discussed under false names on any site ) and believe that the current club Is heading in the right direction lead by passionate and friendly people

Re me whinging it would be nice to bring up a topic and it not be shot down by the same one or two who on here ( lanceytigs etc )use more than one name but hay its a forum and I' gtee am not the only whinger that's why we come on here under false names
I have a lot of respect not for the reason woodend is not playing home games they can slso see the light at the end of the tunnel and have a lot of good people down there that will see them through and I am sure will be supported by all clubs
So mr 3 posts if your that pissed off I will hang up my boots sit back and watch and see if you hang it on the next bloke
Perhaps should stop all my volunteer work if this is how people see things that would be a positive move
NOT
What i can't have opinion too!!!!!
Suck it up Princess, I didn't ask for your life's story and you don't have to justify yourself on here. A volunteer doesn't ask for a pat on the back, it's a thankless job and good on you for doing what you are doing. Coaches, Committee Members etc are constantly criticised for what they haven't done not what they have done.
There has been many people before you and there will be many after you too......

It seems that football has consumed you, so my advice to you is have a Kit Kat BRUV

Number 4

Just seen an article linked on twitter saying Centrals are celebrating 20 years, congrats on that but I cant but feel that the club has seriously under achieved, they have never been a serious challenger for a flag in that time and just seem happy being the club that blokes play for when they no longer want to put in the full commitment of Bloods/south require.

Saying you are working with half the budget is more a reflection of leadership at the top, given Meltons massive population and the amount of local businesses in the area you would think Centrals should be at the top end of spenders in the comp, even with the Bloods and South competing for yhe local dollar there should be plenty to share around.

Can I ask have Melton Centrals been around for 20years? I actually didn't know that... and I live in a surrounding suburb..
Do they play on the ground adjoining Melton Bloods?
PS: I'm being serous..

I agree that all 3 of the Melton sides have underachieved since Bloods last flag, I would say it is more just a culture of accepting mediocrity rather than having anything to do with socio-economic issues. Compared to Sunbury Melton would be very comparable, just Melton has twice the population.

A quick look at each clubs website and Bloods in particular is amateur hour and there sponsor list is disgraceful, why would a sponsor want to get on board if this is how they are going to be represented.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-6145-80345-0-0&sID=163319

Melton South only slightly better however with very few sponsors on board
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-6145-80346-0-0&sID=122214

Centrals actually have a very slick website and appear to be streaks ahead of the more profile Melton sides
http://www.meltoncentralfnc.com.au/partners/partners

But if you are a South/Bloods fan who is whingeing about not having the cash that Darley have, take a look at there website http://www.darleyfnc.com.au/sponsors1.html almost all of the sponsors listed are local businesses. Perhaps they can learn and make themselves more involved in the community and make the businesses want to be part of the club

I know alot othis is BFL, but the issue to me as someone who grew up in Melton is more just about chronic underachieving amongst the Melton clubs.. although by the looks of it centrals may just be on the right track.
Well F*ck me! If I had have known who had the best web site, when I first started coaching I would have won 10 Premierships!

Well **** me! If I had have known who had the best web site, when I first started coaching I would have won 10 Premierships!

Yes but it is a different world now, Sponsors want to know that they are getting value for money with the $ they are tipping in. Long gone are the days where all they wanted was a sign around the ground and if a club wont put in the time and resources to put together a decent website to inform its supporters and members it shows how much they are living in the past. I dont know how active these clubs are on social media but in the league I am involved with EDFL almost all clubs are very active on twitter and facebook updating with any important info, signings, training etc sure this doesnt help when the team run out at 2;15 on a Saturday but it at least gets there 'brand' out amongst the masses and more likely to catch the eye of potential sponsors. Also if a club has 10000 twitter followers it becomes a selling point to any prospective sponsor they are pitching to.

Yes but it is a different world now, Sponsors want to know that they are getting value for money with the $ they are tipping in. Long gone are the days where all they wanted was a sign around the ground and if a club wont put in the time and resources to put together a decent website to inform its supporters and members it shows how much they are living in the past. I dont know how active these clubs are on social media but in the league I am involved with EDFL almost all clubs are very active on twitter and facebook updating with any important info, signings, training etc sure this doesnt help when the team run out at 2;15 on a Saturday but it at least gets there 'brand' out amongst the masses and more likely to catch the eye of potential sponsors. Also if a club has 10000 twitter followers it becomes a selling point to any prospective sponsor they are pitching to.
I take your point, there was no internet when I started coaching!

Hey boys, how does Shaun Austin go as see his signed at Pascoe Vale in the EDFL premier division. I popped my head in the other night and he looks like his a solid, big bodied lad. On baller I assume. Had a Nothern Bullants singlet on so I assume he also played VFL at one stage..
Cheers lads..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys, how does Shaun Austin go as see his signed at Pascoe Vale in the EDFL premier division. I popped my head in the other night and he looks like his a solid, big bodied lad. On baller I assume. Had a Nothern Bullants singlet on so I assume he also played VFL at one stage..
Cheers lads..

If he gets an injury free run at it you wont be disappointed

Cheers lads..

Had the pleasure of coaching shaun austin last year. Champion bloke!!!! Port melbourne premiership player also. Absolute gun. If hes fit theres none better

Something else instead of the regular dribble.
Any thoughts for RDFL players:

Best mark player:
Most possessions:
Most courageous:
Best tackler:
Best foot disposal:
Best in and under:
Longest kick:

Had the pleasure of coaching shaun austin last year. Champion bloke!!!! Port melbourne premiership player also. Absolute gun. If hes fit theres none better

Thanks Mongrel, it's great to see a club talk positive of a departing player. Either your a good bloke or the club has a great culture or both.. Well done

Cheers

Cheers lads..
Shaune played for the Bullants & played in their last Grand Final before moving to Romsey, he wanted to play closer to home, he loved the Romsey faithful but the travel was too much, we wish him all the best for the up coming season at Pacco, who have recruited a side capable of going all the way.

Something else instead of the regular dribble.
Any thoughts for RDFL players:

Best mark player:
Most possessions:
Most courageous:
Best tackler:
Best foot disposal:
Best in and under:
Longest kick:
Might go on past RDFL players

Best mark player:
Cory Klassen Woodend
Best set of hands l've ever seen in this league
Most possessions:
Matt Sproule Melton Sth
Move like a sloth but racked them up
Most courageous:
Fr Stephen Nash Sunbury
Everyone tried knocking his head off and he kept on getting back up
Best tackler:
Mark Muir Sunbury
You just knew it was going to hurt
Best foot disposal:
Dean Helmers Macedon
Could hit a target from anywhere both feet
Best in and under:
Mark Power Sunbury
Fiesty on baller that hated getting beaten

Longest kick:
Dave Muir Sunbury
Kicked a goal from the Centre square at Clarke oval, that baĺl had to clear customs when it landed in Indonesia.

Might go on past RDFL players

Best mark player:
Cory Klassen Woodend
Best set of hands l've ever seen in this league
Most possessions:
Matt Sproule Melton Sth
Move like a sloth but racked them up
Most courageous:
Fr Stephen Nash Sunbury
Everyone tried knocking his head off and he kept on getting back up
Best tackler:
Mark Muir Sunbury
You just knew it was going to hurt
Best foot disposal:
Dean Helmers Macedon
Could hit a target from anywhere both feet
Best in and under:
Mark Power Sunbury
Fiesty on baller that hated getting beaten

Longest kick:
Dave Muir Sunbury
Kicked a goal from the Centre square at Clarke oval, that baĺl had to clear customs when it landed in Indonesia.
C'mon Deano, you cant put yourself before Mark Hunter, Sean Denham, Michael Werner, Brad Fox, Mitch Farmer, Gary Morcroft & Dippa!

C'mon Deano, you cant put yourself before Mark Hunter, Sean Denham, Michael Werner, Brad Fox, Mitch Farmer, Gary Morcroft & Dippa!
Those guy's you mentioned all played senior football in AFL/VFL i dont think Dean did ???????

From the teams/games I saw in 2014...

Best mark player: Ben way (Romsey)
Most possessions: Stephen Boyall (Broadford)
Most courageous: josh Krispyn (macedon)
Best tackler: Alex Desmond (kilmore)
Best foot disposal: Brad mitchell (romsey)
Best in and under: Luke Ryan (Romsey)
Longest kick: Rhys Smith (broadford)

Would anyone else in rdfl have the legs to catch Petroro on a burst? I remember at the interleague game the opposition crowd were genuinely shocked at his pace...

I seen zac saad play in round 1 last year . His quicker then petroro. I reckon way and lobb are on par with marking. Steve boyall is pretty tough at it.

Heard James Philpott is heading to broadford, ex Marby park ruckman, 2nd in murray League bnf, great get. Wonder if his mate Marcus smith isn't far behind? Skip?

Heard James Philpott is heading to broadford, ex Marby park ruckman, 2nd in murray League bnf, great get. Wonder if his mate Marcus smith isn't far behind? Skip?

Not sure if this is correct as my mail is they are staying at Barooga as contracted and there money was increased after a few clubs enquired about Philpott. If I'm correct Smith won comp medal with Philpott second.
Both very good players but don't come cheap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back