RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen from Rockbank and Centrals thus far... I predict Centrals will win by ten goals.

All four will no doubt be great contributors for Centrals. Best thing for Centrals is we can finally see some kids coming through to support any new recruits. No huge losses besides Fenton too. Hopkins is a very good coach. Will get an even contribution out of them and improve some of the guys they already have. Expect Maccy Park to become a bit of a grave yard for cocky top sides.

Agree it is a big call to say they will all play interleague. Their records just don't suggest any of them are a walk up start. That doesn't mean they are anything short of fantastic players. It is a pretty good league these days.

Seen a fair bit of the "other 2" I assume?
All four will no doubt be great contributors for Centrals. Best thing for Centrals is we can finally see some kids coming through to support any new recruits. No huge losses besides Fenton too. Hopkins is a very good coach. Will get an even contribution out of them and improve some of the guys they already have. Expect Maccy Park to become a bit of a grave yard for cocky top sides.

Agree it is a big call to say they will all play interleague. Their records just don't suggest any of them are a walk up start. That doesn't mean they are anything short of fantastic players. It is a pretty good league these days.

Not a great deal only going off the word of ex team mates/ opposition league is obviously moving forward in leaps n bounds each year just hope some clubs don't get left behind

Spot on about bicer, and he alone will bring broadford up a few rungs, good year ahead for RDFL in general.

Not just Bicer Ragin, the young guys at cricket today were very happy with everything that's going on at Central Park/Harley Hammond Reserve/Nagambie Rock Oval.

This seems to be the year the Roos will finally make some inroads. It appears there's been a complete change in philosophy which is great, no point pointing fingers or blaming others for misfortunes "If you can't beat em, join em" and looking at the long list of inclusions it appears the club has finally bitten the bullet and said "f**k it" it's time to have a go.

Seriously guys have a look at there inclusions. Nothing to go on about
Just had a look at the clearances on the rdfl website.
Must say broadfords ins look a lot better then romseys and a lot less leaving broadford

Last edited:
Philpot is a good inclusion . That's it though Caccamo played 2s at romsey

Caccamo is a 1's quality player I was at broadford when they played Romsey last year and he kicked 3 in the 1's

Think he gets injured a fair bit though

Best junior player I've seen played with or against...

Broadford playing craigieburn in praccy this weekend with all the pick ups any thoughts on how they will go against craigieburn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be fair to assume with all the interest in Broadford that there may be a few anxious folks around the traps. Was a bit bored last night so had a peruse thru the clearances.

No idea if they're all playing, but of the 16 senior "ins" last year there appears to still be a fair few on the actual list - Boyall, Smith, Svarc (best 3), Scales, Vianni, Mangan, 2 x Hooper. Add to that Baker, Philpott, Romanyk, Caccamo, Bicer, Kakouer and those 13-14 guys are in the best side. Other names I'm not familiar of are Hicks x 2, Pound, Bailey, Brasher, maybe they're 2nds or 3rds I'm not sure.

Of those who I'd say were getting a quid at season end, only Matt Coomans and Nick Wilson seem to have departed. Let's not forget Quaide Comi and Barry Hall from the year prior are still listed Roos.

Local content will be from the likes of newly appointed skipper Justin Webb, Duggan, Whitty, Hall, Walsh, Bulluss and those returning Wearne, Simpson, Berry, Littlewood, Whiteman, Hussey.

Do the maths, all the above wont go into 22 meaning Broadford's two's will be greatly improved providing those who miss early selection cop in the right manner, don't spit it and just work hard for spots.

Would it be fair to assume with all the interest in Broadford that there may be a few anxious folks around the traps. Was a bit bored last night so had a peruse thru the clearances.

No idea if they're all playing, but of the 16 senior "ins" last year there appears to still be a fair few on the actual list - Boyall, Smith, Svarc (best 3), Scales, Vianni, Mangan, 2 x Hooper. Add to that Baker, Philpott, Romanyk, Caccamo, Bicer, Kakouer and those 13-14 guys are in the best side. Other names I'm not familiar of are Hicks x 2, Pound, Bailey, Brasher, maybe they're 2nds or 3rds I'm not sure.

Of those who I'd say were getting a quid at season end, only Matt Coomans and Nick Wilson seem to have departed. Let's not forget Quaide Comi and Barry Hall from the year prior are still listed Roos.

Local content will be from the likes of newly appointed skipper Justin Webb, Duggan, Whitty, Hall, Walsh, Bulluss and those returning Wearne, Simpson, Berry, Littlewood, Whiteman, Hussey.

Do the maths, all the above wont go into 22 meaning Broadford's two's will be greatly improved providing those who miss early selection cop in the right manner, don't spit it and just work hard for spots.
yep they are going to be right up there with all those ins.

It must be said though that about half of those names wouldn't have got a game in the top 3 from last year especially those recruited last year. This years recruits seem to be of better quality. Seriously Scales (kid so fair enough), Wilson, Hooper and these sort of guys are seconds players at top clubs.

Of the guys you were not sure of Pound and Hicks will be very handy.

Romanyk and Wearne will help their back 6.

Are any of Broadfords recruits under 30 ?

Won't get with 12 goals of Craigieburn
Will all depend on how many 1's players each side has available

Sometimes praccy match form can be very misleading... I was at a jacana practice match 2 years ago where they beat a div 1 wrfl side.... On that form they should have demolished div 2 but didn't make finals

I'm handing the Premiership cup to Broadford now as they are clearly the favorites !!!

Will beat Romsey if they forfeit........

Dont reckon too many would be anxious mate just interested to see if these names can perform as a team and the club can sustain this list beyond this year.Bicer has been one of the best metro players imo and is a good get as for Baker im lmfao some people (clubs) never learn.

Not just Bicer Ragin, the young guys at cricket today were very happy with everything that's going on at Central Park/Harley Hammond Reserve/Nagambie Rock Oval.

This seems to be the year the Roos will finally make some inroads. It appears there's been a complete change in philosophy which is great, no point pointing fingers or blaming others for misfortunes "If you can't beat em, join em" and looking at the long list of inclusions it appears the club has finally bitten the bullet and said "f**k it" it's time to have a go.

I don't follow any side in the BFL but it's Good to see another Broadford follower on BF. Will this bring Keston out of his self imposed BF retirement???
Just kidding, adding some humour..

Good forum the RDFL, keep it going boys..

Pound and Hicks played EDFL premier league last year for Doutta Stars. They played ones all year so will go well.. Hicks is very quick & explosive so will need watching.. Loves a goal or 2.

Just because people are over 30 years old doesnt mean much as long as they are still fit.

A mate that plays for broadford told me Saturday at highlands... But the ground still needs to be confirmed apparently

I was heading to Highlands on the weekend for what I thought were Cannons practice games :confused: The email is on my work computer so will find out Tuesday I guess. Walked to Craigieburn station Friday from the shopping centre and I must say Aitken is in amazing nick, to see it now and then see it mid winter is hard to fathom.

Dont reckon too many would be anxious mate just interested to see if these names can perform as a team and the club can sustain this list beyond this year. Bicer has been one of the best metro players imo and is a good get as for Baker im lmfao some people (clubs) never learn.

As long as they don't break the joint trying then good luck to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back