RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad but I swear I read it was a club decision and someone had asked posts etc to be edited as a result?

Derogative I'm not sure what that means or if it's even directed at me, just as long as Broadford finally get some positive vibes from those who are based outside the town itself then I'll be very happy for them.
It's not your mistake Doon it's just a case of him forgetting what he says, he told you on a post to your page that Romsey should concentrate on their club and maybe have a BF ban like "they have"!!! Just like he told Lancytigs they think they will be 3-6 but then says today that top 4 is a big ask! I think he needs to learn that people can see this stuff!

It's not your mistake Doon it's just a case of him forgetting what he says, he told you on a post to your page that Romsey should concentrate on their club and maybe have a BF ban like "they have"!!! Just like he told Lancytigs they think they will be 3-6 but then says today that top 4 is a big ask! I think he needs to learn that people can see this stuff!

Yeh well I've deleted all those posts now so as I said if Broadford can finally get some long overdue positive vibes from people not directly involved at the club then I'll be mighty happy for them.

:mad::mad:
Someone asked a question about practice matches on the weekend and I believe Punchy replied with a result of their match.

Banno beat Kilmore by 130 points is that a good result?
Well that practice match was more useless than belmonts. KILMORE?? Bottom of the ladder in the worst Melbourne football league the Riddell football league. I'm suprised banno didn't win but 230 points.

Boys this was on the GDFL Geelong thread I just browsed through.

I'm sure you will defend your league. Go get em boys..

he said romsey should concentrate on romsey and not concentrate on broadford?????? Ok so the reigning undefeated premiers are now concentrating on a team they smashed by 20 goals twice last year??? Well when i speak to the romsey coach ill advise him to change all last years tactics and employ broadfords. Great idea keston!!!!!! Lmfao

The thing that I find interesting is that it seems that year in year out all we ever get at this time of year is how good Broadford are going to be. Then the reality of the season hits and they finish bottom 4.

The thing that I find interesting is that it seems that year in year out all we ever get at this time of year is how good Broadford are going to be. Then the reality of the season hits and they finish bottom 4.

I think the majority of people involved at Broadford would happily go along without a word being spoken about them but it just seems that one person can't help themselves despite giving up big footy every week

I think the majority of people involved at Broadford would happily go along without a word being spoken about them but it just seems that one person can't help themselves despite giving up big footy every week
The old saying silence is deadly.At this time of the year it is hard to say who is really going to do well.Except for romsey.After watching a few games they were like watching greenvale at their best and winning grand finals with the same structure.with macedon,lancefield, broadford and woodend recruiting well and melton and rockbank just going along quietly it will be who jells the best at the end of the day and who can structure their team the quickest.Some times playing catch up footy is harder than people think.Ex:If romsey loose a few players they can be replaced and their structures will carry them through.where all of the above teams are more than likely starting along way behind.so i have had my 2 cents worth.lol.Only my opinon

Had a good look at Romsey on Thursday night and I'd definitely be concerned if I were other clubs.. even in an intra club, they still played a good disciplined brand of football .. they are right on track.. looking forward to seeing Cam Wight develop..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain why we have gone from 45 pages back to 41 then to 40 . Am I right in saying someone is madly deleting posts!!!

I'd be worried about Diggers. They have recruited well as have many clubs but it seems they have recruited exactly what they need to take the extra step. Watch out for the Burras in 2015 I reckon.

Had a good look at Romsey on Thursday night and I'd definitely be concerned if I were other clubs.. even in an intra club, they still played a good disciplined brand of football .. they are right on track.. looking forward to seeing Cam Wight develop..
I am reliably informed Sunbury, Diggers, Rupo, Riddell and most other clubs also had big wins in their intra club matches. No doubt Romsey are shaping up well though.

Is it true Kilmore may not field a reserves side? Hopefully not true. Would be a pretty big blow to a side that only 4 years ago was a finals contender.

Think Lancefield are playing Keilor Park this Saturday at Keilor Park..will be an interesting contest..
Hoping someone from Lancefield can let us know how this game goes. If Lancefield are expected to play finals, one would expect them to win by over 4 goals, but Keilor Park are young and full of spirit so will be a good hit out you would imagine..

I am reliably informed Sunbury, Diggers, Rupo, Riddell and most other clubs also had big wins in their intra club matches. No doubt Romsey are shaping up well though.

Is it true Kilmore may not field a reserves side? Hopefully not true. Would be a pretty big blow to a side that only 4 years ago was a finals contender.

Hahaha clever post dons.......

However thats what we all love about yeendy. He brings so much passion to our competition and lets face it, he is a terrific ambassador for every club!!!!!

Ive gotta say tho, finding praccy matches that arent a one sided affair is difficult. I contact a club from a lesser standard and they decline, so i contact a club from a so called better league and they decline because they look down on the rdfl. Deep down they just dont wanna get smashed and come crashing back to earth i reckon. The rdfl should be extremely proud of how quickly our standard is improving. Not only the standard too, but also the rdfl is a league that has great rivalries, close connections with other sidesand their players, and also a great crowd following each club week in week out......

You might be on to something here Dons.
An article has come up on the AFL goldfields page with Kilmore basically having an SOS call for senior players. There was mention of recess which would be a disaster having x2 senior byes in the Rdfl.

I guess it has worked for Kyenton so maybe the idea has merit.

How can a place the size and location of Kilmore not put a club together. I know my old mate Doona had experience there and the community was not supportive of the club but surely there is a way

You might be on to something here Dons.
An article has come up on the AFL goldfields page with Kilmore basically having an SOS call for senior players. There was mention of recess which would be a disaster having x2 senior byes in the Rdfl.

I guess it has worked for Kyenton so maybe the idea has merit.
Apparently there was a meeting last night at kilmore. Anyone know the result?

There was a meeting advertised in the local paper for this Wednesday coming.
How can a place the size and location of Kilmore not put a club together. I know my old mate Doona had experience there and the community was not supportive of the club but surely there is a way
A town the size of Kilmore although being currently at a low point will always have a huge upside. Running a club is a huge undertaking and to make that club successful and sustainable it needs a mixture of personalities old and new along with forward thinking . I have spoken with some officials from other clubs that are floating the idea of employing someone on a full time basis to re-sign current sponsors giving them bigger exposure on Facebook/Twitter and better value( 12 months) of the year for the dollars they are spending and to full time work on cultivating new sponsors. Good luck to the 2 coaches that have been appointed for 2015 I wish them well but I would have thought as part of the interviewing processes as I have been apart of to appoint a coach the main question would be who and how many players can you bring with you and what sort of money do we need to make it work ? Sending out an SOS for senior players in the middle of March seems a bit late for the club and the RDFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back