RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reliably informed Sunbury, Diggers, Rupo, Riddell and most other clubs also had big wins in their intra club matches. No doubt Romsey are shaping up well though.

So if these clubs had big wins in intra club matches, they have have also had a big loss??
Rockbank are looking ok. The loss of an aging Zeraffa has be filled by a couple of mids from the WRFL in their early 20's. Can go OK too I understand. I hope the hard work of the people down there turns into more on field success for the rams. So often the whipping boys in years past, the culture is being well and truely developed and time for all to take them more seriously

We all need to be optimistic that Kilmore will get the numbers up.. there is so many great people at the club and it would be heart breaking if the community didn't rally behind the club and support them on and off the field..
Kyneton were permitted to play their 18s and Reserves and were made an example of that should the situation arise again with clubs not submitting a Senior team, the club would go into recess in the BFL.. the club will play finals this year on the back of a new coach and an engaging committee.. hopefully Kilmore don't need to go down that path :)

Sadly for Kilmore they have been in decline since being undefeated and premiers in 2001.Back then they had a core group of strong players such as Stewart D Kavanagh Kinnear who led my example along with other good solid locals such as Ryser Still K kavanagh most of whom im sure played for unders$$$.
They finished up and moved on and many of the young blokes since to come through have had a bigger and inflated opinion of themselves than warranted.Goudge has been a very solid workhorse for em but sadly too many have thought its easier to go to a crap comp up bush or lower metro divisions n get a undeserving sum of $$$.I have noticed very few have gone to a higher standard such as gvfl bendigo or 1st div metro why is that?Because they have not been good enough and having to work to hard i would say.
Im sure some are gunna get on here and disagree but thats my thoughts.I do hope the club can get up and at least be competetive but atm thats a long way off.

Sadly for Kilmore they have been in decline since being undefeated and premiers in 2001.Back then they had a core group of strong players such as Stewart D Kavanagh Kinnear who led my example along with other good solid locals such as Ryser Still K kavanagh most of whom im sure played for unders$$$.
They finished up and moved on and many of the young blokes since to come through have had a bigger and inflated opinion of themselves than warranted.Goudge has been a very solid workhorse for em but sadly too many have thought its easier to go to a crap comp up bush or lower metro divisions n get a undeserving sum of $$$.I have noticed very few have gone to a higher standard such as gvfl bendigo or 1st div metro why is that?Because they have not been good enough and having to work to hard i would say.
Im sure some are gunna get on here and disagree but thats my thoughts.I do hope the club can get up and at least be competetive but atm thats a long way off.
What can Kilmore do to turn this around?

Think Lancefield are playing Keilor Park this Saturday at Keilor Park..will be an interesting contest..
Hoping someone from Lancefield can let us know how this game goes. If Lancefield are expected to play finals, one would expect them to win by over 4 goals, but Keilor Park are young and full of spirit so will be a good hit out you would imagine..
Lancefield won by 3 goals or so, but they had a lot of blokes playing in cricket grand finals lancefield had 3 sides in granny's.
Their first side won their grand final. This side included six blokes who played firsts football last year including B&F winner Collins.
They are playing Oak Park next week this will be a fairer indication of how they will go this season.

Lancefield won by 3 goals or so, but they had a lot of blokes playing in cricket grand finals lancefield had 3 sides in granny's.
Their first side won their grand final. This side included six blokes who played firsts football last year including B&F winner Collins.
They are playing Oak Park next week this will be a fairer indication of how they will go this season.

If they won the cricket grand final they might be on the juice all week so they might struggle to get up for Sat Lol

I don't know Lancefield but are these guys all local's that play cricket & footy as that's a credit to the club and community..

If they won the cricket grand final they might be on the juice all week so they might struggle to get up for Sat Lol

I don't know Lancefield but are these guys all local's that play cricket & footy as that's a credit to the club and community..
Not sure where they live now but all have played for lancefield for several years.
There's more playing in the other grannys that played firsts footy this year.

Few other boards are starting to throw the annual predictions up so thought with plenty of rumour, clearance pages now going beserk we best get some debate going ....

I'll have a throw at the stumps, no doubt I'm way off.
Premier: Diggers Rest
R'up: Romsey or Sunbury Kanga's
Biggest improver: toss of the coin Bford or Macedon
Biggest slider: Riddell
W/Spoon: Kilmore (sorry guys)
Bowen Medal: Tie between Wright (Macedon) and Smith (Diggers)
Leading Goalkicker: Kenny (Macedon)
Two's Flag: Macedon over Bford
3rds Flag: Rupertswood over Kilmore

Any other results from the weekend? Rupo beat Wyndham Vale and Riddell went down against very strong opposition.

Macedon vs Kyneton this week will be very interesting. What ground is this match being played at?

Mongrel, post:Get dayson carroll back involved

His long red locks are no more and he's still getting around in his skin tight Faberge's

Get dayson carroll back involved

I'm pretty sure Dayson has recently celebrated his 50th, and no doubt many old Blue Boys would've been along to join him. Can only hope a brief conversation took place amongst them as there are many people in the community who could have a real influence on the club yet I doubt they even realise it.

Let's be honest it aint as if Kilmore has been littered by success so it aint as if it's a "been there done that" kind of scenario, whilst being honest who else is sick of the easy excuse made by many young people and their parents these days .... that buzz word CULTURE?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a recent junior coach & parent of Jnr players @ Kilmore FC , I think a few things could be done to improve the snr club..
Firstly I would get involved heavily with the Jnr part of the club. Too many kids coming through Jnrs only to depart when it's time to go up to snr ranks. I ask my kids & they can't name a snr player ATM.
Maybe have a couple of snr players ( on rotation) a night go train with the Jnr teams on a regular basis.. We do it at my snr club & the kids love it. We'd have maybe 30-40 juniors & families watching on a sat arvo , but in return we have 15-30 snr players watching the Jnrs on a Sunday. Kids know the players & want to watch there mates. The snr side consists of 80-90% of home grown talent.. Remembering a 20-21 yr old will one day play with a kid in the u12s..
The kids are looking for people to look up to & who better than a current snr footballer. I'm sure the attendance at games would really lift if the 300 or so Jnrs & parents wanted to go watch their mentors play on a Saturday..
U16s & even interested u14s could be included in pre-season (90% is running) & a bond could be formed..
Secondly I would be approaching assumption & trying to form an alliance. Maybe become Kilmore/assumption FC & have it that any player not selected in there 1st side plays with Kilmore.
At the moment most of these 17-18yr olds are playing elsewhere
eg Seymour etc..
I don't think the throw good $$ at players from out of town, who train away from main group , is working. Can't think of any of them who have hung around longer than a season.
Such a great club , but feels two seperate clubs ATM , would love to see this change..

As a recent junior coach & parent of Jnr players @ Kilmore FC , I think a few things could be done to improve the snr club..
Firstly I would get involved heavily with the Jnr part of the club. Too many kids coming through Jnrs only to depart when it's time to go up to snr ranks. I ask my kids & they can't name a snr player ATM.
Maybe have a couple of snr players ( on rotation) a night go train with the Jnr teams on a regular basis.. We do it at my snr club & the kids love it. We'd have maybe 30-40 juniors & families watching on a sat arvo , but in return we have 15-30 snr players watching the Jnrs on a Sunday. Kids know the players & want to watch there mates. The snr side consists of 80-90% of home grown talent.. Remembering a 20-21 yr old will one day play with a kid in the u12s..
The kids are looking for people to look up to & who better than a current snr footballer. I'm sure the attendance at games would really lift if the 300 or so Jnrs & parents wanted to go watch their mentors play on a Saturday..
U16s & even interested u14s could be included in pre-season (90% is running) & a bond could be formed..
Secondly I would be approaching assumption & trying to form an alliance. Maybe become Kilmore/assumption FC & have it that any player not selected in there 1st side plays with Kilmore.
eg Seymour etc..
I don't think the throw good $$ at players from out of town, who train away from main group , is working. Can't think of any of them who have hung around longer than a season.
Such a great club , but feels two seperate clubs ATM , would love to see this change..

Can't see the ACK thing happening, unlike a while ago there's kinda been a push to have them boys preferably "not" play at Kilmore in recent times. But I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. Even wind the clock back 12-18 months, the guy who coached Roxburgh Park to last years EDFL Div.2 grand final applied to coach the Blues, lives an old fashioned torpedo punt from the oval .... guess we'll never know now what could've come of that :(

I am reliably informed Sunbury, Diggers, Rupo, Riddell and most other clubs also had big wins in their intra club matches. No doubt Romsey are shaping up well though.

Romsey are play a divvy 3 club in the WRFL, what would be the point of that.

Well Shoot your informer there into the real stuff now and riddell were beat by 100 points + against EDS and diggers by 3 goals. But as edfl div 1 page stated Paul sahlberg killed it in the loss.

Hey PT,
With regards to Romsey its a practice match so the idea is to get something out of the game. I'm sure Romsey will rest a few players as well. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Sunbury Lions stalwart & past R.D.F.L. senior Premiership player & past Rupertswood "Old Boy" Michael (Mick) Scanlon, suddenly passed away at home on March the 18th 2015. Mick was 54yo & is survived by Jo his wife, Meg & Jack his two children.

Mick was a hell of a nice bloke, a very very good & fair footballer in his day & will be sadly missed by many.......... I was fortunate & proud to call Michael my friend.

The Funeral Service will be held at Highfield Estate Function Centre 330 Barringo Rd New Gisborne on Friday March the 27th commencing at 11 a.m.

eg Seymour etc..

When Dixon coached Sunbury he had every game taped. On Sundays the game was played in the social rooms for players to come up and casualy review. It wasn't mandatory but most went up for a look and laugh. On junior game day, players generally hung around and supported the under 16s.
The relationship between seniors and juniors grew from there. The kids then wanted to watch the senior blokes that watched and encouraged them. It built a great bond.

Few other boards are starting to throw the annual predictions up so thought with plenty of rumour, clearance pages now going beserk we best get some debate going ....

I'll have a throw at the stumps, no doubt I'm way off.
Premier: Diggers Rest
R'up: Romsey or Sunbury Kanga's
Biggest improver: toss of the coin Bford or Macedon
Biggest slider: Riddell
W/Spoon: Kilmore (sorry guys)
Bowen Medal: Tie between Wright (Macedon) and Smith (Diggers)
Leading Goalkicker: Kenny (Macedon)
Two's Flag: Macedon over Bford
3rds Flag: Rupertswood over Kilmore
Premiers : Diggers Rest Runners Up Sunbury Biggest Improvers( Macedon Melton Broadford) Biggest Slider :Riddell W/ Spoon Kilmore Bowen Medal Lenny Clark Leading Goalkicker : Ben Way Two,s Flag Sunbury Thirds Flag :Rupertswood.

When Dixon coached Sunbury he had every game taped. On Sundays the game was played in the social rooms for players to come up and casualy review. It wasn't mandatory but most went up for a look and laugh. On junior game day, players generally hung around and supported the under 16s.
The relationship between seniors and juniors grew from there. The kids then wanted to watch the senior blokes that watched and encouraged them. It built a great bond.

Oh that was the good old days. A few clubs caught up on Sunday's but now you cannot drink at the club while juniors are playing. It's a rule in most leagues, if not all leagues.
Showing the game is a great idea, as well as a general catch up, some gentlemens days etc. No longer allowed due to a couple of idiots stuffing it up for everyone..

Premiers : Diggers Rest Runners Up Sunbury Biggest Improvers( Macedon Melton Broadford) Biggest Slider :Riddell W/ Spoon Kilmore Bowen Medal Lenny Clark Leading Goalkicker : Ben Way Two,s Flag Sunbury Thirds Flag :Rupertswood.

Am i missing something in regards to riddell? Everyone is riding them off and i dont know why??? If everyones going by the clearence page they are in trouble. Besides matt sammut, the rest riddell are better off without. Add derby and the allen brothers, get robbo and petran fit and look out imo

Am i missing something in regards to riddell? Everyone is riding them off and i dont know why??? If everyones going by the clearence page they are in trouble. Besides matt sammut, the rest riddell are better off without. Add derby and the allen brothers, get robbo and petran fit and look out imo
Tend to agree that writing them off is a bit premature when they have players like Sahlberg, Ross, Nolan, Carriss and Ruffell. Was told Robbo will miss some games with a leg injury.

Blade to Macedon is an interesting one. Could give them a bit of experience and a cool head.

Tend to agree that writing them off is a bit premature when they have players like Sahlberg, Ross, Nolan, Carriss and Ruffell. Was told Robbo will miss some games with a leg injury.

Blade to Macedon is an interesting one. Could give them a bit of experience and a cool head.

And very well coached. Too many people look at lists and dont spare a thought about the coaching, game style, experience etc. Troy scoble can obviously seriously coach going by the last two seasons and ill back him to have another strong year contrary to the negative opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back