RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting results today. Jungle drums suggest Simon Clarke has done his hammy yet again - a wretched run of luck for him. With their soft draw, Broadford look certain to grab 6th spot at Kangas expense.

Would be a terrible result for both Simon and Sunbury if this was in fact true. the wheels are falling of at a rapid rate. Hoping they turn it around quickly as their coach deserves to go out on a high as opposed to missing finals in his last year.

As I suggested last week Lemms the Roos would miss out to Broadford and today's results suggest that 1 goal in a game that meant plenty probably means you don't either want to be there or not good enough to be there.

Hope they bounce back hard this week as they are a quality club that have taken massive leaps forward over the last 5 years.

August 1st after the Broadford v Riddell game
Sportsmanship night with Brodie Holland, Russell Robertson, Ben Roarty Melbourne Storm 1999 premiership player Elouise Southby Australian netballer
$35 per head
Including beer for 1 hour and finger food
Plenty of auction items
Household
Holidays and sporting memorabilia including the above prize with Robbo at a Melbourne game

August 1st after the Broadford v Riddell game
Sportsmanship night with Brodie Holland, Russell Robertson, Ben Roarty Melbourne Storm 1999 premiership player Elouise Southby Australian netballer
$35 per head
Including beer for 1 hour and finger food
Plenty of auction items
Household
Holidays and sporting memorabilia including the above prize with Robbo at a Melbourne game

chicken Nixon as well???? be there bells on Dutchy Classic !!!

Interesting results today. Jungle drums suggest Simon Clarke has done his hammy yet again - a wretched run of luck for him. With their soft draw, Broadford look certain to grab 6th spot at Kangas expense.

just this yr with the injury issue pretty much Doutta best player last yr when they got relegation top player who very serviceable at edge a grade/premier level all games......

Another person that simply does not get it. Third is better than finishing first or second provided you are clearly better than the sixth-placed mob, which is often the case.

The whole issue with the top six has nothing to do with the ability of the top two sides, it comes back to the second week where the winner of 1 v 2 gets to play either 3rd, 4th or even 5th for a grand final berth (with a second chance). So the loser of 1 v 2 is back with the also rans simply because they played the toughest available opponent.

I don't see how any sane person could justify the current top six finals system is reasonable.
In all due respect mate.. but you bring this mighty issue up, year in, year out .. the clubs do vote on it.. so perhaps you would be interested in doing something about it.. putting your great words into action by joining a committee of a club in the RDFNL and try and make the change that you've been asking about for so long?

In all due respect mate.. but you bring this mighty issue up, year in, year out .. the clubs do vote on it.. so perhaps you would be interested in doing something about it.. putting your great words into action by joining a committee of a club in the RDFNL and try and make the change that you've been asking about for so long?

Surely there's a few on the board looking for a long overdue spell ;)

This Season looks set for a cracking finish forthe finals and then let the Final series begin. Macedon,Sunbury and Broadford are hoping too get in there but the ladder wont be finalised till the last game with the results which makes it even more interesting. Riddell look on song at he moment with a big last 4 weeks and Rupo not far behind going along quietly. Romsey will come good for the Finals but have proven now they are beatable which has opened up the final series. Diggers will stay in and if they fire anyone this year could win the Flag !!! We talk about where you need to finish on the ladder but I think if you are in the Final 6 and confident anything can happen this year from any position. Bring on the Final Series should be the most interesting for a long time.

This Season looks set for a cracking finish forthe finals and then let the Final series begin. Macedon,Sunbury and Broadford are hoping too get in there but the ladder wont be finalised till the last game with the results which makes it even more interesting. Riddell look on song at he moment with a big last 4 weeks and Rupo not far behind going along quietly. Romsey will come good for the Finals but have proven now they are beatable which has opened up the final series. Diggers will stay in and if they fire anyone this year could win the Flag !!! We talk about where you need to finish on the ladder but I think if you are in the Final 6 and confident anything can happen this year from any position. Bring on the Final Series should be the most interesting for a long time.

Agree 100%. As per last week Diggers V Sunbury / Macedon v Romsey and Wallen V Broadford the games of the round. Kangaroos and Broadford having 5 weeks of finals games before the offical finals start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

volunteering Doon, sick of Coaching??:p

Ha ha I don't think I'm sick of it. Let's be honest there are far more capable, skilled, knowledgable people around but sadly many are too scared to put their balls on the line but are happy to sit back and pass comment. It's d1ckheads like me who aren't fussed about perception or what others think, if I can help a young bloke, be it with footy or as a mentor I'm happy to help.

That (a board gig) I don't think is for me as I'm not one to conform or toe a company line if I don't agree with things.

Ha ha I don't think I'm sick of it. Let's be honest there are far more capable, skilled, knowledgable people around but sadly many are too scared to put their balls on the line but are happy to sit back and pass comment. It's d1ckheads like me who aren't fussed about perception or what others think, if I can help a young bloke, be it with footy or as a mentor I'm happy to help.

That (a board gig) I don't think is for me as I'm not one to conform or toe a company line if I don't agree with things.
Come on Doona you could get on the board and name a junior division or a best players award under your own name like the rest of em.Yes easy to criticize I know but some of the em seem to drink their own bath water.

Could someone please explain this.
One team plays in black and white stripes. The other plays in blue and white stripes. It's the middle of winter and one club offers to use a change of jumper to overt a clash.
But league in their wisdom flatly refuses the offer.
Go figure !!!!!!!

Could someone please explain this.
One team plays in black and white stripes. The other plays in blue and white stripes. It's the middle of winter and one club offers to use a change of jumper to overt a clash.
But league in their wisdom flatly refuses the offer.
Go figure !!!!!!!
If all the relevant sponsor, league logos and supplier requirements are met that seems ridiculous. Must have been a reason given.

Hearing quite a few players out for both teams at Macedon tomorrow. Going to be a real slog in the mud. Will Macedon still host a final?

If all the relevant sponsor, league logos and supplier requirements are met that seems ridiculous. Must have been a reason given.

Hearing quite a few players out for both teams at Macedon tomorrow. Going to be a real slog in the mud. Will Macedon still host a final?
Ground was heavy a few weeks ago, and with more rain on it. could be even worse.
going to be a fight in both seniors and reserves for finals spots. anyone care to predict both?

No reason given by the league
In regards to logos sponsorship etc
These same jumpers were worn when a clash occurred with Sunbury
Bloody ridiculous

No reason given by the league
In regards to logos sponsorship etc
These same jumpers were worn when a clash occurred with Sunbury
Bloody ridiculous

Bloody ridiculous alright, was it all communicated early enough?

Part of the deal when Broadford came across was alternate strips for such occasions. The one Mr McCartney an co. selected from our 3-4 options wasn't the best but served its purpose against Sunbury and Kilmore.

The current one would be perfect for tomorrow, maybe barfly can now understand why Im not board material :D

Last edited:
Bloody ridiculous alright, was it all communicated early enough?

Part of the deal when Broadford came across was alternate strips for such occasions. The one Mr McCartney an co. selected from our 3-4 options wasn't the best but served its purpose against Sunbury and Kilmore.

The current one would be perfect for tomorrow, maybe barfly can now understand why Im not board material :D
It was tabled st the last RDFL board meeting not considered worthy by them

Any predictions on the final ladder?????
Harder to pick than a broken nose mongrel.Looks like Broadford gunna pluck 6th and Sunba gunna drop out?Well done to Broadford today to good in the end and good luck for seasons remainder.Also good to see a few Broadford people hang around longer than most oppo teams for a drink well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back