Status
Not open for further replies.

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Referring to the post on the Facebook page where the players have been asked to donate beer for GF day? Not unusual for clubs to ask players to help out with auction items etc. Not like they have been forced to or anything.
All supplies for finals must be purchased through RDFL suppliers
Reckon you may have read the post wrong perhaps

oneeyedblue

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2008
Portarlington
AFL Club
Carlton
Just whisper around town that there 10 weeks behind. I'm not being smart just very close source

If you attend the Grand Final Mr Chan, you will need to bring your own rice wine and dim sims as we cant afford to pay the players, buy food, buy alcohol. I don't think we can even afford to give the players water. Are you able to donate a few litres of water to help the club out. If so can you bring it down to the club tonight. thanks heaps Mr Chan:cry:

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Come on fellas finals are finally here and we look to have the most open series with no dominant standout for a long time yet not much talk on this weekends matches.Im looking forward to watching Riddell V Diggers and admire both along with Romsey for longevity of consistent finals performances yet some on here just wanna bring up crap and unsubstantiated rumors re Romsey.No doubt the Redbacks have paid decent money this last decade but the club players and supporters have got plenty of bang for their bucks spent.
Im sure Broadford would be hoping the wet weather continues also as this will suit them more than Rupo.
Macedon should be relishing the challenge of taking on The Redbacks and see a changing of the guard and here's their big chance.

My tips Riddell by 15 pts (hope im wrong)

Rupo by 30 (home im wrong)
think Rupo will be too fit,quick and disciplined also Rupos bottom 10 players a lot better than Broadys

Romsey by 20

GetOnthe#15

Rookie
Jul 23, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Come on fellas finals are finally here and we look to have the most open series with no dominant standout for a long time yet not much talk on this weekends matches.Im looking forward to watching Riddell V Diggers and admire both along with Romsey for longevity of consistent finals performances yet some on here just wanna bring up crap and unsubstantiated rumors re Romsey.No doubt the Redbacks have paid decent money this last decade but the club players and supporters have got plenty of bang for their bucks spent.
Im sure Broadford would be hoping the wet weather continues also as this will suit them more than Rupo.
Macedon should be relishing the challenge of taking on The Redbacks and see a changing of the guard and here's their big chance.

My tips Riddell by 15 pts (hope im wrong)

Rupo by 30 (home im wrong)
think Rupo will be too fit,quick and disciplined also Rupos bottom 10 players a lot better than Broadys

Romsey by 20
Rupo have done well to get three sides to the finals again.

Jack_Bauer

All Australian
Jul 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Rupo have done well to get three sides to the finals again.
From a club perspective it's great to have all 7 Football/Netball teams play finals. All finishing 3rd on the ladder or higher. The real success will be judged on our performances in the next few weeks but the club is clearly moving in the right direction with strong performances across the board this season so far. Looking forward to a big day over at Rockbank tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Anyone know results from early games a t wallan?

Diggers beat Kilmore by 2-3 goals I think and Rupo easy in the twos I was told.

Hats off to the Kilmore lads today for fronting up as its been a tough week for a number of them.

Keston

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
Palm cove FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is very true Keston and it maybe the style of game Broadford will bring to the finals series however you don't have to be that smart to watch the footage to work out they go ok at the tuff inside stuff, the point I'm making Is that we all should be worried if it's a dry still day as they will win their fair share of inside ball and none of us can go with them on the outside so we all need to come with a style that maybe doesn't suit us naturally. As it turns out you blokes may do us all a favour and knock over someone inside the six in your first final.

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Well the weather may of been terrible at Wallan today but I thought the footy was very entertaining.
Caught the 2nd half of the reserves and what a cracker that was with Diggers just getting up over kangas.Was also impressed with the young umpire especially deep in the last 1/4 with players from both sides acting for frees he kept his cool was not sucked in I think he will be a very good senior grade ump in seasons to come.
The seniors was a ripper from the outset and at 1/4 time I thought Diggers may of been left to rue missed goal opportunities.Certainly wasnt a good day for forwards but it was great contest with very few easy possessions.Also thought umps done a good job.
Felt sorry for the netballers playing in those conditions also but well done girls.

Happy to admit I got Broady v Rupo wrong but im sure the weather was a help for the roos and no surprise with Holland and Duggan named best 2 as both are very hard it.Also no Robbo either?Well done Broady and good on ya Keston I know you cop a bit on here but you keep on punching and im sure your a happy man.(just be a bit more modest)Enjoy and I hope the Roos can pull it off again next week.

Dons81

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2013
Backstage
AFL Club
Essendon
Massive well done to Broadford on the win yesterday. I completely under estimated you. Learnt the lessons from earlier games against top sides and Rupo in particular.

I think Romsey will breeze through today. Weather looks like holding off and can't see Macedon posing too many problems.

PeterO

Debutant
Oct 17, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well Romsey didn't breeze through at all against Macedon. Game of quarters with Romsey winning first and last and the Cats doing all the damage in 2nd an 3rd.

No wind to speak of for most of the game, the guys wearing green were very ordinary IMO, plus siren blew with 5 min still to play in the 3rd quarter. So last quarter was 5 shy too.

Would the result have been different with the extra 10 min and associated time on??? Won't change the result now, but I'm sure any losing team/club would be feeling disappointed and wonder what if.

Maybe the league needs to take over time keeping and even score board responsibilities so as to avoid this from ever happening again.

After all clubs pay big $$ to the league to host finals and receive no gate revenue, which all clubs rely on to help with overheads. So how about we get some bang for our buck and let the league take over this critically important resonsibility. I reckon you would have a riot on your hands if this happened in a GF and it was a 1 point game only to be decided by an inexperience volunteer.

Last edited:

theblanket

Rookie
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Well Romsey didn't breeze through at all against Macedon. Game of quarters with Romsey winning first and last and the Cats doing all the damage in 2nd an 3rd.

No wind to speak of for most of the game, the guys wearing green were very ordinary IMO, plus siren blew with 5 min still to play in the 3rd quarter. So last quarter was 5 shy too.

Would the result have been different with the extra 10 min and associated on??? Won't change the result now, but I'm sure any losing team/club would be feeling disappointed and wonder what if.

Maybe the league needs to take over time keeping and even score board responsibilities so as to avoid this from ever happening again.

After all clubs pay big $$ to the league to host finals and receive no gate revenue, which all clubs rely on to help with overheads. So how about we get some bang for our buck and let the league take over this critically important resonsibility. I reckon you would have a riot on your hands if this happened in a GF and it was a 1 point game only to be decided by an inexperience volunteer.

The guys in green were ordinary? That would be a massive understatement. I stood near the romsey crowd and they were just in disbelief. Very biased today I believe. On the flip side the bombers were on the receiving end of a few shocking decisions Saturday.
Lastly a big shout out to the pooch doing his knee late in the game yesterday

Kruizer

Debutant
Oct 22, 2013
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
The guys in green were ordinary? That would be a massive understatement. I stood near the romsey crowd and they were just in disbelief. Very biased today I believe. On the flip side the bombers were on the receiving end of a few shocking decisions Saturday.
Lastly a big shout out to the pooch doing his knee late in the game yesterday
Umpiring today was awful, only thing kept macedon in the game, and whats with macedon dropping the fullforward to the 2s, bad decisions. Only thing worse than the umps today was the shocking commentary on the radio, big show stick to coaching, oh s**t you cant do that either, well done Dean you beat 22 players and the umps. Seeya next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back