RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Elliott is the new coach of Riddell may take a few from Sunbury with him

I've got to know Jamie a little over the past 3-4 years, I doubt the word "take" would best describe this situation. His name has been bandied about a bit, and I serious doubt he'd show interest in a job that was filled after what happened to him at Diggers - nor would he target any of Ricks players.

Sure a few might follow for a look and that happens as we all build relationships in footy, but I'd be very surprised if he'd instigate the contact. Anyway I'm just rapt to read the above and know that he's back coaching his own team, obviously the passion and drive is back so I wish him and Riddell FNC wellwith the appointment :thumbsu:

How we looking elsewhere? Wallan, Rupo, Romsey, Broadford, Kilmore? For the latter two, it's only that I see Broadford and Kilmore have advertised for coaches across all grades.

On another topic, Marcus Webb won Kilmore's B&F last night. I know nobody gives too $hits about The Blues on here, but Webby and Taz stuck fat this year and will do so again in 2016 so it says a bit about them in my opinion.

Can gtee you that hard work and a business plan that runs 11 months of the year is what works no money man my friend and that's first hand
Kilmore have more business than most towns ??

Your plans up the road don't highlight everyone's situation mate unfortunately. Let's not forget Broadford actually wanted "out" this time 12 months ago for some similar reasons, only for all but 3 KDFL clubs to say no thanks. To do what you's have done is unreal and a credit to all involved, and to hear you write it has nothing to do with a benefactor is a relief.

Who knows maybe a shining light now bobs up in Kilmore to bail them out, but when you got only 6-8 regular willing workers in this improving RDFL climate something has to give. Good on them for exploring, because I'd be confident in saying that if they find themselves a RDFL club for 2016 then it's highly unlikly the club will get off the ground.

Your plans up the road don't highlight everyone's situation mate unfortunately. Let's not forget Broadford actually wanted "out" this time 12 months ago for some similar reasons, only for all but 3 KDFL clubs to say no thanks. To do what you's have done is unreal and a credit to all involved, and to hear you write it has nothing to do with a benefactor is a relief.

Who knows maybe a shining light now bobs up in Kilmore to bail them out, but when you got only 6-8 regular willing workers in this improving RDFL climate something has to give. Good on them for exploring, because I'd be confident in saying that if they find themselves a RDFL club for 2016 then it's highly unlikly the club will get off the ground.
One thing I will say doona is have they got the soldiers moving across if not why are they doing it ?
Footy is a funny game ups and downs a year is a long time and unless you have the soldiers the planners and the go getters it can come apart really fast but on the same page if you have those people you can have success
Will agree local footy is no longer so local
Good luck to all next year
Is it worth them going down the Kyneton path no seniours for twelve months and re build with in and financially etc

I add truth more of the point.
Terry why are you on this forum in actual fact this form is filled with what I call the Clayton thug the thug that thinks he or she is a thug behind the name they hide behind...
The forum is designed to talk footy not to attempt to put others down grow up lads

Terry why are you on this forum in actual fact this form is filled with what I call the Clayton thug the thug that thinks he or she is a thug behind the name they hide behind...
The forum is designed to talk footy not to attempt to put others down grow up lads

That's it.. take advices from keston terry and you shouldn't go too far wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about social media argument . I'm not associated with them. Just 2nd hand news from a good source

Plenty key football issues for all clubs as we head into the off season or for many the main season!
- Who is coaching Rupo, is it fitzgerald as reported? They are a sleeping giant IMO.
- Who is coaching Riddell, is it Elliot as been reported, what happened to Jason Allen / Nick Ash coaching combo taking over?
- Will Helmers go for the coveted three peat, or bow out in a perfect way winning 2 from 2. If so who coaches Romsey, is it Carl Norman?
- Was Dixon the last applicant remaining or was he first choice? Will he bring some players from the EDFL to rejuvenate the kangas
- Is Holland coaching Broadford, will they keep their exciting young list and is GA financing the next broadford premiership?
- Will Diggers have to review where they are at, sadly getting close but not the cup so many times? Does Williams, evans stay? Tuckey finished?
- Romsey: we hear money finances every year, but they keep winning flags. Farmer to Craigieburn?
- Macedon: the new Deer Park of the RDFL. Waters, Sommerfield, Kenny, Harrison, Fitzpatrick, Henderson, Gardiner, Cook, Ferry that’s some serious recruiting in the last 12months with potentially another 2 gisborne guys to come, with their young talent is it their time?
- Lancefield, if they get another 3 or 4, can they be the team to push into the 6.
- Centrals: where are they at, second strongest of the Melton Clubs behind the Bloods even though performances not great on field. Can it get its act together and overtake the bloods to be the strongest club in the worst football market in the region.
- Woodend, Wallan anyone think they will move up the ladder unless they get a mass injection of talent.
- Kilmore: Cop out or only option?
- If Kilmore go, that makes an 18 game season, additional 2 extra games for match payments for clubs could range between $5k-$16k, this could have a big impact on some clubs.
- Rockbank: Is sporle still coaching. Never seen so much player or coach movement than this club, does it continue?
- Points system: Does anyone realise reading the details it seems the primary motivation is not so much about club sustainability. It reads as though AFL VIC making sure the Bendigo and Ballarat leagues in our region stay strong and stop the player movement down? Those leagues points are higher per team (additional 15-20 points) and the 2017 salary cap allows them to have an additional $30k-$40k of salary, which we know won’t be policed. So the ability for player movement to the RDFL which AFL VIC class as lower will be restricted. This therefore has to have an impact on the standard that the league can get to, and in fact encourages smart clubs with cash to recruit kids at under 16-Under 18 level as by the time they get to senior footy for most they will be one pointers. Amazing given the top 6 in the RDFL would beat all outside the top 6 in the Ballarat comfortably , maybe bottom 4 of Bendigo. This may in fact halt the growth of one of the best community leagues going around. Wonder what the clubs think as we sit back and see the real impact.

Plenty of discussions to be had and things to roll out in the next few months.

Plenty key football issues for all clubs as we head into the off season or for many the main season!
- Who is coaching Rupo, is it fitzgerald as reported? They are a sleeping giant IMO.
- Who is coaching Riddell, is it Elliot as been reported, what happened to Jason Allen / Nick Ash coaching combo taking over?
- Will Helmers go for the coveted three peat, or bow out in a perfect way winning 2 from 2. If so who coaches Romsey, is it Carl Norman?
- Was Dixon the last applicant remaining or was he first choice? Will he bring some players from the EDFL to rejuvenate the kangas
- Is Holland coaching Broadford, will they keep their exciting young list and is GA financing the next broadford premiership?
- Will Diggers have to review where they are at, sadly getting close but not the cup so many times? Does Williams, evans stay? Tuckey finished?
- Romsey: we hear money finances every year, but they keep winning flags. Farmer to Craigieburn?
- Macedon: the new Deer Park of the RDFL. Waters, Sommerfield, Kenny, Harrison, Fitzpatrick, Henderson, Gardiner, Cook, Ferry that’s some serious recruiting in the last 12months with potentially another 2 gisborne guys to come, with their young talent is it their time?
- Lancefield, if they get another 3 or 4, can they be the team to push into the 6.
- Centrals: where are they at, second strongest of the Melton Clubs behind the Bloods even though performances not great on field. Can it get its act together and overtake the bloods to be the strongest club in the worst football market in the region.
- Woodend, Wallan anyone think they will move up the ladder unless they get a mass injection of talent.
- Kilmore: Cop out or only option?
- If Kilmore go, that makes an 18 game season, additional 2 extra games for match payments for clubs could range between $5k-$16k, this could have a big impact on some clubs.
- Rockbank: Is sporle still coaching. Never seen so much player or coach movement than this club, does it continue?
- Points system: Does anyone realise reading the details it seems the primary motivation is not so much about club sustainability. It reads as though AFL VIC making sure the Bendigo and Ballarat leagues in our region stay strong and stop the player movement down? Those leagues points are higher per team (additional 15-20 points) and the 2017 salary cap allows them to have an additional $30k-$40k of salary, which we know won’t be policed. So the ability for player movement to the RDFL which AFL VIC class as lower will be restricted. This therefore has to have an impact on the standard that the league can get to, and in fact encourages smart clubs with cash to recruit kids at under 16-Under 18 level as by the time they get to senior footy for most they will be one pointers. Amazing given the top 6 in the RDFL would beat all outside the top 6 in the Ballarat comfortably , maybe bottom 4 of Bendigo. This may in fact halt the growth of one of the best community leagues going around. Wonder what the clubs think as we sit back and see the real impact.

Plenty of discussions to be had and things to roll out in the next few months.

Didn't Melton Centrals lose to Kilmore this year?

I doubt many echo your sentiments blues12 (other than 4 points) but what ya do?

Local's won't play there, everyone seems to be an expert and claim to know what the issue is ..... but won't put their hand up or come forward to help.

Sadly it's much easier to make excuse or find reason to not be involved than it is to actually be involved. It's gone way beyond this now, those who want to be there are trying their hardest to keep the front door open whilst others continue to throw stones from afar.

I'm a Broadford guy who lives here now, my boys play here and I love local footy. None of my business but as a parent I'd love for the town to have a club as an option for my kids in 5-6 years time.

Whatever happens I wish them well.

Last edited:
I doubt many echo your sentiments blues12 (other than 4 points) but what ya do?

Local's won't play there, everyone seems to be an expert and claim to know what the issue is ..... but won't put their hand up or come forward to help.

Sadly it's much easier to make excuse or find reason to not be involved than it is to actually be involved. It's gone way beyond this now, those who want to be there are trying their hardest to keep the front door open whilst others continue to throw stones from afar.

I'm a Broadford guy who lives here now, my boys play here and I love local footy. None of my business but as a parent I'd love for the town to have a club as an option for my kids in 5-6 years time.

Whatever happens I wish them well.

Sorry Terry

That's exactly what I meant classic response .....
And your prob right got the track record to prove it .........
:D:D

Yes I hear u have a track record keston.

On a bright note I must say that I am thrilled with the appointment of j. Elliot to bomber land. I haven't heard if b. Tuckey is following at this early stage but thrilled all the same. There seems to be sum aggressive moves made from several big time clubs already.
However b4 rumours become fact can I please ask if this is correct for the upcoming 16 season?
Macedon Andrews?
Diggers simms?
Riddell elliot
Rupertswood fits Gerald?
Romsey helmers?
Sunbury ?
Rockbank last year's coach
Lancefield manning?

Yes I hear u have a track record keston.

On a bright note I must say that I am thrilled with the appointment of j. Elliot to bomber land. I haven't heard if b. Tuckey is following at this early stage but thrilled all the same. There seems to be sum aggressive moves made from several big time clubs already.
However b4 rumours become fact can I please ask if this is correct for the upcoming 16 season?
Macedon Andrews?
Diggers simms?
Riddell elliot
Rupertswood fits Gerald?
Romsey helmers?
Sunbury ?
Rockbank last year's coach
Lancefield manning?
Thanks for the support
And on that note thanks SCULLY ( there is a old saying you can prod you can poke but you can't hide from the real truth )...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back