RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware Keaton the only side that beat the minor premiers twice was diggers rest and Broadford did not beat them? But believe Broadford mad some big inroads with recruiting already, same with macedon, rupo and diggers clubs getting active already.
Broadford beat the minor premiers riddlle creek in the 1 st semi final at sunbury

Wrong fitzgerald turbo, pretty sure i was reading on edfl thread that he was asking $100 k to coach avondale heights.

Hey JF, yes that was reported on the EDFL thread but all positions now full and he didn't get a role in edfl. I'm guessing he might want to much $$ for a coach at metro level. Think some Tassie teams would pay more due to the amount off field work required, as well as some O&M & GV clubs, but he won't get near that "reported" figure as its more for a "full time" role.
I know the salary cap won't work but the allowance is only 20k for a coach.

I saw in the EDFL section Daniel Nolan has been appointed to the Wallan coaching job. Popular bloke around the club who may get a few to go with him.

Good luck to Nugget, actually good luck to anyone willing to put their hand up these days.

Nugget was keen to get into coaching, pity it's at Wallan (ha ha) but I'm sure he'll bring some positivity to the place. I just hope the locals back him in, and they can drag 5-6 good senior players in on the back of his appointment :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Good luck to Nugget, actually good luck to anyone willing to put their hand up these days.

Nugget was keen to get into coaching, pity it's at Wallan but I'm sure he'll bring some positivity to the place. I just hope the locals back him in, and the can drag 5-6 senior players in on the back of his appointment :thumbsu:

I guess you have to start somewhere. What's the major issue there?

Nugget was keen to get into coaching, pity it's at Wallan but I'm sure he'll bring some positivity to the place. I just hope the locals back him in, and the can drag 5-6 senior players in on the back of his appointment :thumbsu:

Im assuming so mate. From all reports, he is going to try his best to get some positivity around the place. Has been lacking some real character of late! Fingers crossed everyone buys into his coaching! A really good fella.

So you're saying he doesn't have the skill or discipline because he moved up to Broadford from wallan or are you saying the kid has gone backwards in his football since his move
Do yourself a favour ask the best forwards in the comp that he has the job on each week how tough he is to play on
Wether they are big or small he normally wins the battle
I'm pretty sure he just played in the preliminary final
He was also one of our most consistent players during the home and away and the same during our finals campaign
Could he make vfl you ask !!
There are worse players running around down there than Reece

Big call skip but you are kidding your self name a backman in the vfl that's worse then smith don't get yourself too excited because you made the finals this year (well done btw) but sometimes you have to realise your capabilities and yes too answer your question about coaching I thought cougar man brings more to coaching and developing youth do your self a favour and look past your own league when you want to compare players!

Broadford should be extremely happy with their performance this year.. how many teams can be on the bottom of the ladder for a large chunk of the season one year and make the preliminary final the next? Any club at any level would take that regardless of who they are.. the example that Broadford has set is a clear example that with the right people around a club, results can rapidly turn around.. a bad season one year still doesn't constitute a season of rebuilding the next.. Broadford's form this year was good enough to beat anyone on their day.. 12 months earlier that's a different story.. it doesn't matter who you support, that turn around is pretty special :)

How's everyone gonna be situated with the 'points' system that comes in this season? Reckon there might be a few teams higher up on the ladder that are gonna have to do some shuffling to accomodate everyone.... Is it 40 points that is allowed?

Big call skip but you are kidding your self name a backman in the vfl that's worse then smith don't get yourself too excited because you made the finals this year (well done btw) but sometimes you have to realise your capabilities and yes too answer your question about coaching I thought cougar man brings more to coaching and developing youth do your self a favour and look past your own league when you want to compare players!
Reckon that your wrong and there would be a number of kids in the rdfl that could play vfl and has nothing to do with making finals what skip was discussing you have serious issues with broadford and you should get counciling pal

Reckon that your wrong and there would be a number of kids in the rdfl that could play vfl and has nothing to do with making finals what skip was discussing you have serious issues with broadford and you should get counciling pal

I never had a problem with bfnc, I have a opinion on a player when the question was asked about said player, It seems to me that anytime someone has something to say about bfnc you guys get strait on the defensive and everyone else is wrong maybe you should not be on a footy forum and stick too Facebook with the rest of your followers and leave the big boy talk to big boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would broadfords points be from their prelim side keston? Just curious.... What were other sides points based on personnel from their last game this season? Anyone care to share if they've gone over it? Reckon a couple of sides might have to shave a few off...

What would broadfords points be from their prelim side keston? Just curious.... What were other sides points based on personnel from their last game this season? Anyone care to share if they've gone over it? Reckon a couple of sides might have to shave a few off...
Was told we where's well under not sure exact numbers but had approx 10 points to play with but with dome guys going into there third season will be more but as I said not exactly sure

I never had a problem with bfnc, I have a opinion on a player when the question was asked about said player, It seems to me that anytime someone has something to say about bfnc you guys get strait on the defensive and everyone else is wrong maybe you should not be on a footy forum and stick too Facebook with the rest of your followers and leave the big boy talk to big boys!
Big boys don't hide behind a alliace little man

Romsey were about 10 points below diggers rest grand final day. But the allocated points for the rdfl shouldnt affect any of the sides too much. I know rupo, romsey and sunbury were all well under this year.

Romsey were about 10 points below diggers rest grand final day. But the allocated points for the rdfl shouldnt affect any of the sides too much. I know rupo, romsey and sunbury were all well under this year.

What will the total points allocated in RDFL be? Is it 40? I saw that the EDFL are proposing 55?sounds like most of the sides have nothing to worry about then. Romsey, rupo, Sunbury, broadford all fine. Diggers? Would they be pushing it? Picked up a few every year...
Macedon? Seem to have recruited heavily last year and again with waters this season? Where would they be?
Riddell? Didn't seem to add any players last year? Doubt they'd be near it.
Doubt many other clubs would be very close either...
Bit of a non event then by the sound of it... Either the comp is in good shape with home grown talent coming through or the points is set to high....

What will the total points allocated in RDFL be? Is it 40? I saw that the EDFL are proposing 55?sounds like most of the sides have nothing to worry about then. Romsey, rupo, Sunbury, broadford all fine. Diggers? Would they be pushing it? Picked up a few every year...
Macedon? Seem to have recruited heavily last year and again with waters this season? Where would they be?
Riddell? Didn't seem to add any players last year? Doubt they'd be near it.
Doubt many other clubs would be very close either...
Bit of a non event then by the sound of it... Either the comp is in good shape with home grown talent coming through or the points is set to high....

Looking at other comps looks like no one is worried in the slightest about the points cap looks like 50 is going to be the norm vic wide other then the edfl and with the 2 point deduction on imports looks really like a non event, pretty pointless I think, clubs should not be punished because they are run well and can afford a few good footballers and as for the players asking for coin someone has to pay the bills there the ones who take all the risk!

Looking at other comps looks like no one is worried in the slightest about the points cap looks like 50 is going to be the norm vic wide other then the edfl and with the 2 point deduction on imports looks really like a non event, pretty pointless I think, clubs should not be punished because they are run well and can afford a few good footballers and as for the players asking for coin someone has to pay the bills there the ones who take all the risk!
See attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
Each year a player who stays at the club comes down 1pt per year, until he reaches 1pt. For the 2016 season only, there is a 2pt discount so any player who played at a club in 2015 and remains at the same club in 2016 will have a 2pt reduction. For example if a player is a 4pt player in 2015 and he stays in 2016 he will become a 2pt player and then 1pt in 2017 and thats where he remain while at that club. If in 2019 he moves to another club the new club will have to re-assess he's point value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back