RDFL team of last 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Fitzgerald was a brilliant player.

There was a kid that played full forward for Gisborne i reckon around the early 90,s can't think of his name but looked like being a superstar. Broke his leg badly not sure if he played again.

Also another kid from Gisborne McKenzie? May have won a Bowen.

Johnny Fitzgerald was a brilliant player.

There was a kid that played full forward for Gisborne i reckon around the early 90,s can't think of his name but looked like being a superstar. Broke his leg badly not sure if he played again.

Also another kid from Gisborne McKenzie? May have won a Bowen.
Adam Arkinstall was the fella that badly broke his leg (only about 18-19 at the time i reckon) i dont think he did play again - not at Gisborne anyway... he was also a gun cricketer, played District 1's at a very young age.

Matt McKenzie ? Retired this year with over 300 games under his belt - quality player, never won a Bowen though !

Cheers Bearsboy that's him Adam Arkinstall. Another gun Gisborne player of the early 90's was Mal Palmer.

cheers slyone. I must admit tho i am a little disappointed. Not that farcanal has done a bad job, because he has actually come up with an unbeleivable team. And his local knowledge is great to say the least. It does seem however tho.that this side is or has been picked from the players that participated in the r.d.f.l 20 years ago. there is no mention of players from division 2. there is no mention whatsoever of players in the last 15 years.

I am fortunate enough to have grown up watching some of these rdfl superstars and have eventually gone on to play on and against some of them.
I do think tho some of the posts on here are confusing good and great players with the elite.

I wont elaborate further because i doubt the people posting on this site no much at all about the rdfl players of the last 15 years.

can anyone here remember phil chapman from gissy? ross christianson from macedon? andy stewart from kilmore? matt power from riddell? mark osullivan from gisborne?matty cox from romsey?dean helmers from macedon?

ELITE doesnt include the likes of curcio,noonan,fedoruke,kakour, mcdonald etc.

and yes adam arkinstall could have been anything b4 he broke his leg.superstar

What about tony west from sunbury???? now he was elite
Gday Mongrel, i had alot to do with Rosco, i remember that final, he played in the centre, was well past his best that day but was very good in his day, played some good footy at Darley under Briggsy. I think Noons would be the first to admit that his name should not be mentioned with these guys but what a great servant he has been to the Kangas! Tony West, yes forgot about him but i dont know about Helmers!!!!!

Gday Mongrel, i had alot to do with Rosco, i remember that final, he played in the centre, was well past his best that day but was very good in his day, played some good footy at Darley under Briggsy. I think Noons would be the first to admit that his name should not be mentioned with these guys but what a great servant he has been to the Kangas! Tony West, yes forgot about him but i dont know about Helmers!!!!![/quote

ha ha.i knew youd get it.lmfao

Sorry Mongrel, but i personally would have to have J Mac (3 time premiership captain) in front of you.

thats what this is all about bretty,personal opinions. it was a private joke ive been having with pedo tho pal. However anyone can play in a gun side and look good. u must have forgotten the day fox tried to tag me at macedon and i pulled his pants down, and the day i kicked 5 on lakey from the middle. u probably saw me play 3 times in your life,the ones i played against gissy. two i was b.o.g, the other i knocked j mac out. like i said tho,its al opinions,but id like to think i was well and truly a class above mcdonald and fox, but hey i didnt play 4 gissy did i

thats what this is all about bretty,personal opinions. it was a private joke ive been having with pedo tho pal. However anyone can play in a gun side and look good. u must have forgotten the day fox tried to tag me at macedon and i pulled his pants down, and the day i kicked 5 on lakey from the middle. u probably saw me play 3 times in your life,the ones i played against gissy. two i was b.o.g, the other i knocked j mac out. like i said tho,its al opinions,but id like to think i was well and truly a class above mcdonald and fox, but hey i didnt play 4 gissy did i

Yeah, im sure most on here would agree i may come across as a little bias sometimes. Fair enough though, i probably did only see you play a handful of games... its just that J.Mac was an out and out champion around the one footy club for a long time and like i said Captained 3 flags.I will have to take your word for it regarding Foxy tagging you - the only things i remember about the Macedon games at the time were the huge percentage boost we received each time. Cheers mate

Yeah, im sure most on here would agree i may come across as a little bias sometimes. Fair enough though, i probably did only see you play a handful of games... its just that J.Mac was an out and out champion around the one footy club for a long time and like i said Captained 3 flags.I will have to take your word for it regarding Foxy tagging you - the only things i remember about the Macedon games at the time were the huge percentage boost we received each time. Cheers mate

no question pal. jmac was a great skipper and clubman.

just a reminder about the "percentage boost" Gary Goodall missed a shot from 30 to cost us the first game by 3 points, Adam Cusworth kicked 4 last quater goals to get u guys ova the line in the 2nd game, and YES the following year gissy beat us by 20 plus goals at gissy.lol. i think i missed the following 5 games.ha ha ha.

just a further note about gissy, see if u can recollect their best full fowards of the last 30 years????/

ARKINSTALL,FITSY,JAMES,REAPER,WERNER,CHAPMAN, the list goes on. super players

just a reminder about the "percentage boost" Gary Goodall missed a shot from 30 to cost us the first game by 3 points, Adam Cusworth kicked 4 last quater goals to get u guys ova the line in the 2nd game, and YES the following year gissy beat us by 20 plus goals at gissy.lol. i think i missed the following 5 games.ha ha ha.

just a further note about gissy, see if u can recollect their best full fowards of the last 30 years????/

I think Chappy kicked a hundred. I remember as a young fella running out on to the ground to celebrate - you and your brother were more than likely out there to. Craig Lockens looked like he was going to kick a truck load of goals.... i dont know whatever happened to him.Jordy Barham kicked 80 goals 80 a few years ago for us

If you keep talking about pulling blokes pants down, some people might think your batting for the other side!!!

Think some of us are getting a bit carried away here and seem to be a bit favor towards the club they played at.. not many mentions of recent players think we thinking back a bit too far. Johnny Fitz if he can be fitted in must be included as does Chris Curcio,and as Mongeral has mentioned (which I agree) Gissy did have a awesome side for a long period which made alot of guys look better than they actually where probably wouldnt have done alot in the struggling teams in that same era. Werner was a great FF but was he better than Steve Reaper at his best?? or even Aaron James since he has graced the comp! Jamie Cuffe (Bowen medal) was a Star for in my opion a lot longer than alot of these other guys. What about Mark Strack the only duel bowen medal winner ( 02/03 ) in that 30 year period. Think every guy that has played AFL MUST be included (moorecroft,james,helmers etc.) Just on Dean Helmers, When i was running around (and wasnt worthy of tying the boot laces of the above players!!!!!!!) Helmers was hands down the BEST midfielder in the compitition while at macedon. Alot of good players have been mentioned and some even great, but how mant were ELITE???? in his prime would have destroyed most of the guys mentioned in this whole post ( drafted to geelong 2005 ) and not to mention like Cuffe,James,Strack still playing and contributing extreemly well! Alot of the old blokes mentioned would not have had that skill level to put in a ELITE CATEGORY!

If you keep talking about pulling blokes pants down, some people might think your batting for the other side!!!

sorry pedo i coach sunbury,not romsey.ha ha. hey who was the gun midfielder for wallan "fitzy??" NUMBER 4 OR 5 IN THE MID 90S. he was a great player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee pretty open to discussion this one ill name some see what we think helmers one his day no one would come near him tough strong Eddie tunn a stalwart of the RDFL Ange Anastasio gun on baller mark cheep great ruckman

Yeah he wore number 17 i think and mostly played in a helmet
also made the vic country rep side too when he played at Mansfield I think a number of years ago. top bloke to boot
Related to Ian Benjamin as well. If your throwing in ex-AFL players, Adam Benjamin is another one in that category. Drafted to Geelong at the same time as mongrel.

also made the vic country rep side too when he played at Mansfield I think a number of years ago. top bloke to boot
Related to Ian Benjamin as well. If your throwing in ex-AFL players, Adam Benjamin is another one in that category. Drafted to Geelong at the same time as mongrel.
Adam also dead heated with Hayden Langborne for the B&F at Wallan, Adam was very good but the best player i coached in that period was Gavin Langborne who also went on to win the Bowen.

Depends on how far back you wish to go.

Gisborne had some fantastic players like Neville Smith, Greg Ramsay, Lucy & N!gger Carmichael, Bruce Hay and the Sewells.

Also the Toogoods both Dale & Peter when on song were awesome to watch.

Really showing my age now.

Depends on how far back you wish to go.

Gisborne had some fantastic players like Neville Smith, Greg Ramsay, Lucy & N!gger Carmichael, Bruce Hay and the Sewells.

Also the Toogoods both Dale & Peter when on song were awesome to watch.

Really showing my age now.

look at the heading.
Re: Rdfl team of last 30 years :D

I just thought of a player that would make this side easily, which could be a massive overlook. Gareth Johns from gisborne who went on to play A.F.L

Remove this Banner Ad

Back