RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mockery, any chance you could be heading to Windy Hill in 2011? Word going around is the Bombers are looking for anyone with ability. A couple of players with heart are also high on the wishlist.

One problem with the scoreboard up in Kilmore. Its too small and cant see it too well from other side of the ground. What is it with new timekeeper boxes? Everyone seems to be getting one this year. Diggers board not that flash either, thinking of it.

we were at Diggers yesterday, and i thought the new score board was fantastic

we were at Diggers yesterday, and i thought the new score board was fantastic

Might just be my old eyes Blues. Was a little hard to read at times I found. Will admit it is better than the old scoreboard. Nearly got decapitated by a number falling off while walking for a beer.

Question IMS For a true nuetral territory (I will admit i haven't seen the surface) But would Clarke Oval be considered by the RDFL? Just your opinion of course. I know you don't speak for the RDFL

Would be a great venue for the RDFL grand final, but because it is not controlled by an RDFL senior club I am not sure that clubs would go for it, if it was managed by the RDFL clubs (each club hosting a section) for the day, it could work, but whether Sunbury Lions and local council will allow that is another question, also, the RDFL clubs would need to agree on it, not sure whether they will as I believe in the past clubs have been hesitant to even put their hand up if it was at Lancefield to host a section, strange, but believe this to be the case...

on this wouldnt there be some licensing issues
another thought would rdfl clubs be interested and anybody be able to hold a night grand final as this could be massive if held at the right venue

It is always a possibility. Council would not oppose an application to use the ground providing it is supported by all users of the ground.
The social club is the biggest problem, licensing is not an issue around the ground as a temp booth license can be moved from else where, (or it used to be able to) To host a half time function, obviously it would need to be in the social club, at their prices. Some sort of deal would need to be cut in order to prevent social club members free admission.
Also Lancefield is a great venue being remote,and not too easy for people to sneak in.
Temp fencing would definitely need to be erected around the perimeter.

IMS is right previously some clubs were not interested in a section. traveling with catering equipment and stock can be a logistical nightmare. but also it was Lancefield stubbornness, why should they prepare the venue to only get a small chunk of the takings.

My opinion is if it cant be at a neutral ground, any club interested in a section goes into a hat, Lancefield automatically draws a section then remaining clubs get drawn a section. Fair is only fair.
I'm sure most clubs would love an income upwards of 15k at the end of the season to start the next year

Might just be my old eyes Blues. Was a little hard to read at times I found. Will admit it is better than the old scoreboard. Nearly got decapitated by a number falling off while walking for a beer.

age can play with your eyes. :D, but you could be right, for the size of the board they could have made bigger numbers

Omni, rumour has it that Riddel played an uncleared player (s). The drums are beating that some people new that a person was uncleared for awhile. Can't confirm or deny so that can be taken with a grain of salt. If this is true however, Riddel could possibly lose more point's for every game said player(s) have played. It would be a shame cos Riddel two's are right up there.

Disclaimer! Not saying for one second that this is true. Have heard a whisper from a past player is all

With the Diggers loss on the weekend the run home for 3 sides certainly becomes interesting... By my calculations, that loss will cost Diggers a spot in the finals with the winner of the Wallan Vs Romsey game in Round 18 to decide which of them makes the finals.

Diggers Rest - Sunbury Kangaroos, Melton Centrals, Rockbank, Broadford, Kilmore, Lancefield

Romsey - Riddell, Lancefield, Melton Centrals, Kilmore, Rockbank, Wallan

Wallan - Kilmore, Rockbank, Sunbury Kangaroos, Woodend/Hesket, Melton Centrals, Romsey.

Diggers to go 3 & 3 at a glance and both Romsey and Wallan to win 3, the winner of the Wallan vs Romsey game to take the 4th win and a finals spot...

Bold = possible win (based on ladder predictions as of last week)
So far its gone to plan.

6 Diggers Rest FNC13106.54 247 Wallan FNC1398.58 248 Romsey FNC1394.52 24

Romsey will fall off the pace a little this week if they cant get over lancefield, and their percentage isnt great. Diggers in the next few rounds can sneak away and bolster their percentage, but will it be enough with 2 rounds to go as they have tough games to finish.
Getting interesting!!

Do Broadford still see their future in the RDFL? Looks like their 1's, 2's and under 18 team will all finish last this season. Would the move back to the Heathcote league be better for them?

Do Broadford still see their future in the RDFL? Looks like their 1's, 2's and under 18 team will all finish last this season. Would the move back to the Heathcote league be better for them?
I'm sure Doona would be more qualified to answer your question but from what i'v been told, the season started badly off field due to a late change of coach, if Billy had have been elected earlier, thay may not have lost so many players, i dont think changing Leagues will help them, they just need to get players back to the club and bring on the young fella's who look very promising for the future, they have passionate people running the club and i think they can turn things around very quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no answer about the Riddell magoo's. Someone out there know's something! From the league this is juvenile. You can't deny a team 4 points without releasing a statement! What the hell is going on!!!

The guy's who post here and think they have a handle on the league are really let us down. Or is it that they never really had anything at all

Still no answer about the Riddell magoo's. Someone out there know's something! From the league this is juvenile. You can't deny a team 4 points without releasing a statement! What the hell is going on!!!

The guy's who post here and think they have a handle on the league are really let us down. Or is it that they never really had anything at all

You are the one asking and telling us, so you tell us what happened.

IMS, I noticed you updated this week's tips, but didn't do the week prior.

Won't make too much difference, I'm a couple behind now in second :(

You're right, I didnt :p

Fixed now.. .Sorry about the delay people....

Ridiculous... IF this is the case, it has happened before and it will happen again, never in the past has an official statement been required from the league if the situation arises and there is no reason to start now, this isn't the Melbourne Storm salary cap breach.. It is a reserves side that has played an unregistered player (allegedly)...

As for everyone else letting you down, people here have their sources and will post when they know something, if they find out.. You received this information from your own source so it is YOUR responsibility to follow up on the information and comment on it, stop passing the buck... :thumbsdown:

Heard a suggestion from a fellow football fanatic that perhaps Rolling Meadows could be looked at as a mutual venue to host finals.. could be interesting if the ground's facilities enhance by August..

Ridiculous... IF this is the case, it has happened before and it will happen again, never in the past has an official statement been required from the league if the situation arises and there is no reason to start now, this isn't the Melbourne Storm salary cap breach.. It is a reserves side that has played an unregistered player (allegedly)...

As for everyone else letting you down, people here have their sources and will post when they know something, if they find out.. You received this information from your own source so it is YOUR responsibility to follow up on the information and comment on it, stop passing the buck... :thumbsdown:

Forgot to put :D at the end of my post to confirm my last bit was tongue in cheek.

As for for the first part, I've also got mail it could of been a typo. Just wish someone would say what it is. I do have a big interest in the 2's the standard has been very high from the top 4ish teams.

Relating this to the Storm issue is over the top by you. I was never saying it should be that big.

Gee wiz poor liddell Got flattened and every man and his dog from riddell had an opinion.(rightly so) Now that they MAY have cheated and no one says boo? Very Strange

It may have happened before but should never happen again. Can't believe your so blase about that.:eek:

If it is true. The league should make an example of them.

Don't really think i'm passing the buck, CLEARLY someone on here know's something but the silence is deafening

Forgot to put :D at the end of my post to confirm my last bit was tongue in cheek.

As for for the first part, I've also got mail it could of been a typo. Just wish someone would say what it is. I do have a big interest in the 2's the standard has been very high from the top 4ish teams.

Relating this to the Storm issue is over the top by you. I was never saying it should be that big.

Gee wiz poor liddell Got flattened and every man and his dog from riddell had an opinion.(rightly so) Now that they MAY have cheated and no one says boo? Very Strange

It may have happened before but should never happen again. Can't
believe your so blase about that.:eek:

If it is true. The league should make an example of them.

Don't really think i'm passing the buck, CLEARLY someone on here know's something but the silence is deafening

NO ONE CARES!! Ring the league and find out if your so interested!! Im sure if something was up then you would of known about it by now!! Maybe your source was leading you up the garden path from the sound of it...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back