RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grub was very important to the win and i was surprised he didnt feature in top 6 best.even though he was free on his own most of day hes mopping up n clearances out of defence wete class n when he went off in last 1/4 sunba immediately kicked 2 gs i thought mark mc also done a great job on young davison n the umpires simply pathetic bordering on cheating in favour of sunba.well done to romsey n hope to see sunba back up next year they deserve a flag n have many good people over there

Great effort from Romsey and well done to Dean and Sunbury on a very good year.

Would like to hear from Grub about his thoughts on winning a premiership against some of his best mates and brother. Is it a little bitter sweet or all good?

well mufassa i have had this asked of me a few times since the game! its sure was bitter sweet.. i think the game was easy to play in as it doesnt matter who your playing its for the premiership!!! however when the siren went i was more thinking of my brothers as i have 2 there 1 being the coach.. i certainly found it hard to celebrate knowing they and some of my good mates were on the losing side!! on the other side of things tho i have made a lot of good mates at romsey and was rapt for them and feel very humbled to be a part of that side!!!! win or lose i have not enjoyed playing football as much i have at the redbacks this year.. i loved every minute of being a romsey player..:):)

Gotta say, in a Grand Final where the final margin was just 2 points in favour of Romsey it begs the question - Was Grubs defection to the Redbacks mid-season the difference between the two sides in the end ??? ..... & had Grub infact stayed & played with the Kangas, would they now be celebrating a first senior Premiership victory ???
Very interesting. :rolleyes:
To my eye, he never turned over the pill once on the day or wasted a single possession.
Surely that'd be worth 3 points at least ???
It's a good question OMNI, Grubbs form in the Finals was great, he will now be rememberd as a Romsey Premiership player and also for his great service as captain of the Sunbury Kangaroos and a very good player for Macedon. The hardest thing to accomplish in life is respect and Grubby has certainly gained that at the Redbacks! to do what he has done this year and i think you need to understand the circumstances, the pressure and everything else which goes with it, he can be very proud as we all are of him.

well mufassa i have had this asked of me a few times since the game! its sure was bitter sweet.. i think the game was easy to play in as it doesnt matter who your playing its for the premiership!!! however when the siren went i was more thinking of my brothers as i have 2 there 1 being the coach.. i certainly found it hard to celebrate knowing they and some of my good mates were on the losing side!! on the other side of things tho i have made a lot of good mates at romsey and was rapt for them and feel very humbled to be a part of that side!!!! win or lose i have not enjoyed playing football as much i have at the redbacks this year.. i loved every minute of being a romsey player..:):)

Will you go around again next year for Romsey?

We've got a great league.. loads of talent .. we had one heck of a grand final.. the Roos could've taken the flag on the day.. the reality is, it doesn't matter how clubs win premierships because at the end of the day. 2011 saw one of the great grand finals and that shows how much of a positive direction our league is going.. I went from seeing a 130 point flogging in the BFL on the Saturday, a 'superior' league to being involved in calling a two point heart stopper.. whether clubs recruit or not is irrelevant.. we saw a tight competition for the entire season and we had a fitting result at the end of it.. a close grand final..

For kicks..
http://www.elliottmidnews.com.au/ne...opkins-to-lead-hawks/2312383.aspx?storypage=0

Who cares Romsey won on the day. Sunbury had a chance to win the game & gave it everything they had.IT WAS A GREAT GRANDFINAL. romsey had some great home grown players at least 1/2 but needed to top up with some recruits. WELL DONE TO THEM.this league is getting stronger & to compete to you to top up lists.

Congratulations to pedo and the Romsey Football Club on an outstanding season. The Grand Final was played in great spirits and certainly kept us guessing til the final siren.

To my boys and the entire Sunbury Kangas Football/Netball club, You did yourselves proud. Having 5 grand finalists just goes to show how much we are improving as a club both onfield and offield. Our impatience for a senior premiership is growing stronger every year, but the signs are great for the future because we are improving dramatically with each season played. This season we made some really tough decisions along the way, but they were decisions that ensure the culture of this great club will be something that everyone can be proud of going foward.

After a much needed layoff, I know all the Sunbury guys will be looking foward to going one better next season, and with a few past players already committed to returning to Kangaland next year, the future has never looked brighter.

Bring on 2012, and goodluck to Fitsy in his new role at Woodend. One of the premier coaches in the district, i have no doubt the Hawks will be up and about in no time.

Also goodluck to wheels and the centrals boys, coaching is a tough gig but wheels will do a great job

Congratulations to pedo and the Romsey Football Club on an outstanding season. The Grand Final was played in great spirits and certainly kept us guessing til the final siren.

To my boys and the entire Sunbury Kangas Football/Netball club, You did yourselves proud. Having 5 grand finalists just goes to show how much we are improving as a club both onfield and offield. Our impatience for a senior premiership is growing stronger every year, but the signs are great for the future because we are improving dramatically with each season played. This season we made some really tough decisions along the way, but they were decisions that ensure the culture of this great club will be something that everyone can be proud of going foward.

After a much needed layoff, I know all the Sunbury guys will be looking foward to going one better next season, and with a few past players already committed to returning to Kangaland next year, the future has never looked brighter.

Bring on 2012, and goodluck to Fitsy in his new role at Woodend. One of the premier coaches in the district, i have no doubt the Hawks will be up and about in no time.

Also goodluck to wheels and the centrals boys, coaching is a tough gig but wheels will do a great job

Onya Deano :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back