RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got the chance to see former Lancefield FC player Myles Dorman line up for his debut VFL senior match today.

His team, the Northern Blues, didn't have a lot of opposition with Essendon withdrawing all but three first-year players from the Bendigo line-up.

After kicking about 50 goals in 18 matches in the VFL reserves, Dorman got the call-up this week and should stay in the side next week after bagging three goals.

Still has a bit to do on the defensive side of his game but could see him becoming a regular VFL senior player for the next decade.

Lancefield could really do with a player like him after today's result :(

Sunbury too good for the Hawks today, great running side with a lot of long and direct kicking to Meacham and the rest of the forwards. Tye is a gun and # 60, ruckman, lucky not to be reported(sniped a cpl
Of times)

Wow, another season, another lesson in semmo antics

Well, here's another one for you under the subject "Annual S**** Howlers".
Whilst its legendary the run ins this guy has had with all our players over the years, I have been hearing a worrying number of stories from his fellow umpires as to their collective dislike of the man also.
Well yesterday his partner umpire over at the Lancefield v Macedon clash was heard after the game having quite a loud & heated exchange with the man in question in the Umpires room. Although its not clear what our "Human Headline" had done to upset his counterpart, it was very clear to those in earshot that his partner umpire on the day was extremely upset with him & was expressing those sentiments to him in no uncertain terms !!!
Maybe our perennial geriatric attention seeking "Umpiring Embarrassment" may not be running around on a Saturday for too much longer ???
And the irony of that may be, that not as a result of his antics but the fact that just NO more of his colleagues will work with him !!!

Stay tuned I guess ??? :rolleyes:

What a massive week 2 in the RDFL.

Ill start this off by saying well done to the Riddell FNC and the people involved, the new club rooms are fantastic, excellent set up. The Bombers have many other plans to push through to improve the facility as a whole and if they follow the path of the new social rooms, then Riddell Reserve will be an outstanding facility for the entire Riddell community.

Onto the football and a couple of results that would have raised eyebrows across the league this week, but may not be so surprising as we get further into the season.

The Burra were coming off a big win against the Cats last week, while the Bombers kicked off their season in style, so this clash promised plenty to the big crowd that was on hand at Riddell on Saturday.

The first quarter really set the tone for the day. The Burra got out of the box early and dominated terms, an early bomb from Brent Tuckey got proceedings underway, followed by goals to Ruane and McCabe that saw the Burra up by 19 points less than 10 minutes into the quarter. Was great to see Bombers midfielder Matt Sammut back in action, returning from the compound fracture in Round 2 last year, kicking the goal that stemmed the flow from Diggers Rest. The remainder of the quarter was pretty tight, Steve Ruane and Craig Marshall playing well for the Burra and Daniel Sahlberg and Pete Robertson for the Bombers.
Qtr Time: Diggers Rest 4.3.27 led Riddell 4.2.26

The second quarter saw the Burra take control of the game through Brent Tuckey deep inside the forward 50. Goals to McCabe, Joe Piccolo and Tuckey opened the Burra lead out to 19 points before Ruffell kicked a goal for the Bombers, but the Burra kept the pressure on. Shane Marchewka and Tuckey goaled again to push the lead out to 25 points, it was the Burra spread from the contest that was giving them the upper hand, and it looked only a matter of time before the game broke open. Jarrod Silvester was moved to CHF and he kicked a long goal instantly, but with Tuckey dangerous deep, Brayden Allen was forced to move back and Silvester into the ruck and the Bombers lost a tall target inside 50 once more.
Half Time: Diggers Rest 10.6.66 led Riddell 6.4.40

The third quarter didn't see much action scoring wise apart from a goal to Tuckey from the boundary, his 4th and a goal to Marshall who was in everything for the Burra. Troy Scoble kicked a goal for the Bombers but it looked as though Diggers Rest had the Bombers covered, the feeling was that the inevitable breaking open of the game would happen at any moment. The Bombers were still struggling to cope with the spread from the Burra, but it was the Burra's ability to close down Bomber attacks before they spread that was the most impressive, they were disciplined and they were there to make a statement.
3 Qtr time: Diggers Rest 12.7.79 led Riddell 7.5.47

The last quarter saw the game really break open early for the Burra. A 6 goal to 2 last quarter which saw Tuckey kick his fifth and Marshall two more and giving the Burra a big lead, two last quarter goals to Mick Allen gave him 4 for the day, but the Bombers lacked an extra target going forward on the day, Kris Marsh was able to pick off many of the Bombers forward entries and then have several targets to kick to on the spread. The Burra were extremely impressive and are very much the real deal in 2012.
Full time: Diggers Rest 18.7.115 def Riddell 9.6.60

Key Targets:
The difference between the two sides on the weekend was the key target in the Diggers forward 50 and lack of key target inside the Bombers 50. Brent Tuckey not only booted 5 himself, but allowed the dangerous mid to small sized forwards space they may not have enjoyed in the past. McCabe cashed in with 4, while several others took the chances as the day went on. The Bombers went forward with much of the football headed towards Allen. While 4 goals was a good return for the match, the Bombers really missed the presence of a Matt Baird type that releases the pressure on Allen. Brian Ruffell is a good forward, but needs to draw the football far more often than he does now to open up space at other times for Allen to work in.

My Votes:
3 - Brent Tuckey (Diggers Rest)
2 - Craig Marshall (Diggers Rest)
1 - Cameron Woods (Diggers Rest)

What I learned in Round 1

• Diggers Rest are the real deal, while much of the talk surrounded Romsey and Riddell as the two standout sides, the Burra and Sunbury continue to put their hand up as genuine rivals.
  • The Rams still know how to dig deep. They were under the pump and under pressure this week, but managed to get the win.
  • Lancefield are in for a very long season.
  • Melton Centrals, welcome to the finals race.
  • Kilmore are in for a long year unless they can turn around the perception/reality of their ability when they don't have the football.

Performance Ladder - Round 1

Diggers Rest
Melton Centrals
Macedon
Sunbury Kangaroos
Romsey
Rockbank
---------------------
Broadford
Wallan
Woodend/Hesket
Riddell
Kilmore
Lancefield

Ill start this off by saying well done to the Riddell FNC and the people involved, the new club rooms are fantastic, excellent set up. The Bombers have many other plans to push through to improve the facility as a whole and if they follow the path of the new social rooms, then Riddell Reserve will be an outstanding facility for the entire Riddell community.

now if they could do something about the river of raw sewerage floating out the back it would be much appreciated:(

now if they could do something about the river of raw sewerage floating out the back it would be much appreciated:(

I think all in the Macedon Ranges Shire will attest that if you want something done around here you gotta DO IT YOURSELF !!! :mad:
Hopefully someone will get the plague out of it & SUE the arse off the council ! Or maybe put in a permit to put pokies there. That seems to get them spending lots of OUR $$$$$ and out of their ivory tower up there !!! :cool:

Nice review there IMS (as always !)

You are spot on about most things there regarding Saturday's "Match of the Year" ! :eek:

I would concur wholeheartedly that Diggers demolition of Riddell on the week-end was ultra-impressive. In fact they have set the bar very high indeed if the rest of the competition is going to be a factor in the race for this seasons Premiership !
I know, I know its only April !....... And its not just that they beat my beloved Bombers, who for so long have been the benchmark of the competition. But it was the WAY they beat them that was so massively eyecatching.
Diggers beat Riddell at what used to be their own game. The "Run & Spread".
Whilst Diggers ruck contingent are by no means beanpole athletes, they are bigger bodied types the likes of Craig Thompson who compete very well & give a very good account of themselves. They give the Diggers midfield a pretty fair chance in the battle for the clearances. And if we have a wet season this year should hold the Burra in very good stead going forward.
Look I dont think Diggers were massively ahead in the clearances, but it is the way they spread & used the ball when they did win the footy, which was a huge difference in the two sides on Saturday.
Another difference........ & here's the game breaker (IMHO) is the inclusion this season to the side,of Brent Tuckey.
For years & years Diggers have been a good side without actualy being "great" & winning a Premiership.
Well a change of coach, with a new & fresh message to deliver plus add a genuine power forward to mix & POW !!! Diggers are up & about, and ready to take on all comers.
Its been a long time since Riddell have lost one at home,.....& by nearly 10 goals !!!
Thats pretty impressive I think.
Having Tuckey running amok at FF means he gets your best back, then players the likes of Laurie, Ruane, Sims & Marchewka, (all experienced players) get the lesser backmen, & then they start to hurt you also. Not to mention the Diggers midfield streaming (unhindered !) goalward as well.
A few years ago I put on here a post about "How to Build a Winning Side". Well, Diggers are ticking all the boxes, PLUS a few more !!!
From memory I said get yourself a good Ruckman....... Check ! (adequate anyway)
Have a good in & under & outside midfield brigade.....Check !
Get yourself a good "Power Forward" (preferably tall).... Check !
I didn't put too much stock in the back half because if you kick more goals than your opposition - You win.........Simple !
Diggers Rest have..............Check !
They have Brett Caton, Kris Marsh & young Johny Ryan as key's down the back half. And 3 more intimidating & menacing dudes you are not likely to see play the game !
All had an impact in Saturdays victory.

OMNI"S Votes for Saturday -

3. Brent Tuckey- DR..........(clearly the difference....& he appears to be playing injured !!!)
2. Steve Ruane- DR...........(trim, taught & back to his best)
1. Cameron Woods- DR.....(a very very good rrrrrranger)

Umpires - 5/10........Last week Romsey v Riddell umpiring 9/10.

100.7 Highlands FM Radio call of the game - 9/10...... Last week 7/10.

Well, well, well Omni so you're saying the 'always mediocre' Diggers were impressive on sat. Maybe them and the other 'always mediocre' Macedon arent that far off the 'almighty' bombers and redbacks after all. From what im told the scoreline flattered bombers a bit?? did the Sylvester v Tuckey match up eventuate at all? If not why not?
Watched first half of cats v tigers and it was all one way. Tiges are in real trouble i think, no supporters, not many helpers and only 12 twos players so im told at start of that game.
Got back to Woodend for second half but it was all over by then. Good 3rd quarter by hawks but lucky the roos didnt kick straight in the last. No surprise the roos are flying under radar this year but they looked very well drilled and much better disciplined than in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, well, well Omni so you're saying the 'always mediocre' Diggers were impressive on sat. Maybe them and the other 'always mediocre' Macedon arent that far off the 'almighty' bombers and redbacks after all. From what im told the scoreline flattered bombers a bit?? did the Sylvester v Tuckey match up eventuate at all? If not why not?
Watched first half of cats v tigers and it was all one way. Tiges are in real trouble i think, no supporters, not many helpers and only 12 twos players so im told at start of that game.
Got back to Woodend for second half but it was all over by then. Good 3rd quarter by hawks but lucky the roos didnt kick straight in the last. No surprise the roos are flying under radar this year but they looked very well drilled and much better disciplined than in the past.

I dont think I said "Always" !
But I am ALWAYS ready & willing to stand corrected, as you know ??? :eek:

Yes, Diggers were VERY impressive on Saturday.....As I have indicated.
At this stage....& I know its early I'd have Diggers clear favorites on $1.30 to win this years flag.
Romsey - $2.00. (yes I have the Redbacks ahead because of their list !)
Riddell - $3.00. (I have my fingers crossed !)
Sunbury - $3.50. (know more after Satdy)
Melton & Macedon - $5.50.
Wallan, Kilmore, Rockbank, Woodend - $15.00.
Broadford - $50.00
Lancefield - $101.00.

Scoreline was a pretty true reflection I thought of Diggers win.....I mean a TEN goal win IS pretty convincing...Dont you think ???

Unfortunately my poor deluded friend it does not matter "NOW" whether "Mediocre Macedon" are that far off Riddell or Romsey, because the bar has now been lifted........Have you not been listening ??? :confused:
Diggers are clearly at a different level to the rest of us & that NOW is the benchmark !!!

Sylvester / Tuckey matchup did take place, if only briefly in the last.
Give the points to Tuckey.....but only just, both did good things.

Very unfortunate what is happening to our Tiiiiiges. But the wheel turns, & hopefully it wont take long before they are up & about again. :thumbsu:

You say the Roos are well drilled. I guess I will see first hand this week. Diggers looked very very well drilled also I can tell you that !
I have always loved a good power Forward. And although I dont think Meacham is in Tuckeys class, it is great he is still kicking bags of goals & leading from the front.
You say they are better disciplined ? Probably due to the fact they got rid of those McInerney brothers. Nothing but trouble those two !!! :eek:

I dont like the Captain/Coach thing, I never will....But thats a whole nother argument I guess.

Got the chance to see former Lancefield FC player Myles Dorman line up for his debut VFL senior match today.

His team, the Northern Blues, didn't have a lot of opposition with Essendon withdrawing all but three first-year players from the Bendigo line-up.

After kicking about 50 goals in 18 matches in the VFL reserves, Dorman got the call-up this week and should stay in the side next week after bagging three goals.

Still has a bit to do on the defensive side of his game but could see him becoming a regular VFL senior player for the next decade.

Lancefield could really do with a player like him after today's result :(

Get a wee bit firm & rigid screaming "Doooooooorrrrrman" again from over the fence did we pal ??? :thumbsu:

OMNI"S Tips Round 3.

Wallan were pretty good for three quarters last week against the reigning Premiers Romsey with the usual suspects Bell, Cornish & Robertson all having an impact. Broadford were pretty good also down at Rockbank or pretty disappointing depending where you stand. The blues boys from up north just cant seem to pinch that upset win no matter how hard they try ! And I dont expect the Pies to do Finchies boys any favors here. Wallan by 19 pts.

I am extremely concerned about Kilmore coach Chris Nolans health on Saturday, when he experiences first hand what the Burra has in store for his side at Diggers Rest. Coming up against such a well drilled unit under Elliott the Diggers lads are playing brilliant footy & I am afraid Chrissy Nolan may just burst his colostomy bag under the strain........One can only hope he is not standing too near a fan at the time of the rupture !!! Diggers by 98 pts.

There should be a law against what Romsey will do to Lancefield at the Redback *ation reserve this Satdy. If they are smart they will look for Davo all day & he could kick a WORLD RECORD goal tally. I'm tipping 29 majors off his own boot alone !!! Romsey to just fall in by 240 pts.

If Macedon cant account for a Woodend side on the re-build up at the Gilbert Gordon marsh lands this week then they are indeed a team going nowhere. Whilst its all good & well administrators building "Monuments" to their "Legacy", Football clubs are about winning Premierships, senior Premierships ! And Macedon could quite simply be where Diggers are today,......But they arent ! Cats to down Hawks by 15 pts.

If your not doing anything Saturday arvo, do yourself a favour & get along to the traditional Rockbank v Melton clash over at Rockbank. Put on some moccies or uggies. Slide into some stretch denim. Stick the Winnie Blues into the arm of your muscle T shirt. Drag the little lady along (by the hair !) And dont bother going to the trouble of putting your false teeth in. (either you or the missus). You wont be outa place. And strap yourself in for what should be a pretty competitive & entertaining game of footy. I'm tipping NO crime in the area all afternoon & Melton to get the win by 11 pts.

And in the "Match of the Year" down at Boardom Reserve I see last years runners up Sunbury, who have so far done nothing wrong this season getting the points over an unimpressive Bombers outfit to the tune of 14 pts.

OMNI"S Tips Round 3.

If Macedon cant account for a Woodend side on the re-build up at the Gilbert Gordon marsh lands this week then they are indeed a team going nowhere. Whilst its all good & well administrators building "Monuments" to their "Legacy", Football clubs are about winning Premierships, senior Premierships ! And Macedon could quite simply be where Diggers are today, but they arent ! Cats to down Hawks by 15 pts.

spot on there mate ;)

Harrison Hyundai Seniors - Round 3

Diggers Rest (2-0, 3rd) Vs Kilmore (0-2, 10th)
The Burra showed last week that they are a true contender in 2012 with a huge win away from home against the Bombers. The Burra did what no other side has been able to do in 10 years in this competition. They transition from defending to attack easily and the spread from the contest is going to be their biggest weapon in 2012. The "same olds" that they have relied on for years have been given a fresh lease on life and this is going to make the Burra a very tough opponent.
The Blues have been nothing short of disappointing in the first two weeks. Prior to the start of the season, this game should have been a blockbuster, but the Blues lost both games they were expected to win and lost them badly. From all reports, the same old Kilmore still exists, solid when they have the ball in hand, but refuse to transition into defense when required. The Blues are notorious down hill skiers and are doing nothing to dispel that perception so far. From reports, the Blues midfielders, in particular Jacobs and Brent Gordon are spending far too much time in the midfield and blowing up, the game has changed and rotations are essential to still be in the game come the last term. The more experienced guys need to trust their teammates to be able to rotate through with them, otherwise, they will continue to be blown out of the water come the final quarter.
Key:
The Burra wont allow easy downhill football for the Blues, they are very strong defensively and their midfielders are disciplined enough to work back just as strong as they work forward. The key for the Burra will be the open attacking they are able to do from spreading when they win the ball as the Blues don't work hard enough in transition, this week it will be exposed as much as any, as they will face a side that is one of the best at exactly that.
Player to watch:
Diggers Rest - As impressive as Brent Tuckey was last week, former Bowen Medalist Steve Ruane has made a very impressive return to the Burra line up. He has been excellent in both games so far and is worth keeping an eye on.
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs will need to pick up his work rate, when he is at his best, then Kilmore fire. As impressive as Jayco is pushing forward, it is pushing back defensively where he will be most important, if he does it, others will follow suit.
Tip:
With the pecking order starting to take shape, on current form, the Blues are going to find the going very very tough here. The Burra's new game style is going to be very tough for them to combat.
Diggers Rest by 50 points.

Woodend/Hesket (1-1, 9th) Vs Macedon (1-1, 4th)
It's only early days, but this is a big game in the context of the season for these Macedon Ranges Rivals. The Hawks are coming off somewhat of a thumping at the hands of Sunbury, but the Hawks youngsters are showing some excellent signs at this early stage. While the Hawks are clearly at the beginning of building a side to become a finals contender, they need strong performances against top 6 sides to build that platform, this weekend they have another opportunity. The Cats come off a thumping win against a disappointing Lancefield. The Cats did what they had to do in the win, but will be looking to back that up with a strong performance against somewhat stronger opposition.
Key:
The size of the Cats is going to be a real test for the young Hawks line up. The Cats forward set up alone is going to be a really tough ask for the young Hawks defenders, if the Macedon midfield can provide enough supply, then they will be very tough to stop.
Player to watch:
Macedon - Ash Fleming has started the season off well. When he joined the league a couple of years ago he had big wraps, but has yet to really show just how much impact he can have, especially against the stronger sides.
Woodend/Hesket - Jesse Waters won the B&F for the Hawks last year, he is a talented utility that also entered the league to pretty big wraps, he was great at times last year, but needs to take it to the next level with young teammates.
Tip:
The Cats big forward line is going to prove the advantage again this week against a young opponent. Tough day coming up for the Hawks, especially if it stays dry.
Macedon by 60 points.

Wallan (1-1, 7th) Vs Broadford (0-2, 11th)
The Magpies enter this game after sticking with the Redbacks for a half last week before being blown away with an 8 goal to 2 third quarter. After an impressive first round win over Kilmore, the Magpies will be looking to bounce back with a win at home. Matt Robertson returned to the lineup last week and had an immediate impact. The Roos have had a rough start to the year. Beaten convincingly in Round 1, they controlled last weeks game against Rockbank for much of the day, before being swamped in the late for a narrow loss, the Roos will be looking for a much improved effort as a loss here will almost end their hopes of a finals shot already.
Key:
The midfield battle will go a long way to determining the result of this game. Both sides have solid a solid midfield and forward set up, so the side that can gain the most momentum out of the middle should hold the key.
Player to watch:
Wallan - Matt Robertson returned and was named in the best immediately, his ability to win the ball around the ground and at stoppages is important for the Magpies.
Broadford - Michael Edwards is a Broadford veteran, he proved last week how dangerous he can be with 4 goals.
Tip:
The Roos have the ability to cause an upset here, but they will need to be at their best. The midfield battle should be a beauty, but in the end, the Magpies should have too much depth.
Wallan by 15 points.

Rockbank (1-1, 6th) vs Melton Centrals (2-0, 1st)
The local rivalry returns with the Rams, coming off a fantastic come back win last week facing a surprising Centrals outfit that sits on top of the RDFL ladder.
The Rams were outgunned for 3 quarters last week, going a long way down against Broadford before flying home and picking up the win. The Rams were without many of their best side, but showed that they have lost none of their fighting spirit with the departures over the off season.
Centrals are so far the surprise packet of the competition, whilst a big win over Lancefield in Round 1 wasn't overly surprising, the win against Kilmore last week was superb, not so much the win itself, but the way they won the game and the final margin reflects the attitude that Centrals are taking into this season, they have been ruthless so far, led by the experience that Brian Wheelahan was able to add to the list.
Key:
These matches are always an arm wrestle, both sides are very good in the contested side of the game, so the side that can get on top in that area and add a bit of spread when they win the ball should gain the upper hand.
Player to watch:
Rockbank - Brendan Newitt often gets under the guard of opposition sides, but is very important to the Rams structure, while the Rams are very strong in the contested side of the game, Newitt provides the spread that they lack at times, able to find space and be the outlet option.
Melton Centrals - Adam Fenton has started the season on fire, injury free, he tops the league goal kicking table at this stage and looks set for a big year if he can remain injury free.
Tip:
Going to be a tough tussle until half time, but Centrals have the class to break the game open in the 2nd half.
Centrals by 30 points.

Romsey (1-1, 5th) Vs Lancefield (0-2, 12th)
This isn't going to be pretty, the Tigers are young and lack depth and a few injuries certainly isn't going to help their cause. The Redbacks found their mojo after half time last week, an 8 goal 3rd quarter helping them to an convincing win over the Magpies. Dave Keenan kicked 7 last week and could be a wildcard for the Redbacks in 2012.
Key:
It's going to be a very tough day for the Tigers, the question will be "how far" the Redbacks and whether the Davidson brothers and Keenan can all kick a bag of goals and if Mitch Farmer can rack up more than 50 possessions.
Player to watch:
Romsey - Dave Keenan booted 7 against his old side last week and could be the wildcard in the Redbacks deck. Has the ability to find space inside forward 50 in dangerous positions.
Lancefield - Daniel Rebbecchi is a talented youngster, he might gain some valuable experience this week if he can run around alongside Farmer.
Tip:
Long long day for the Tigers
Romsey by 100+

Match of the Round
Sunbury Kangaroos (2-0, 2nd) Vs Riddell (1-1, 8th)
Another rivalry type game for the Bombers in Round 3, it's been a tough start to the year. Last week they faced a very well drilled outfit in the Burra and this week face a side that also has been given much credit for being well drilled at the start of 2012. The Kangaroos have had two very good wins to start the year and will be looking to establish themselves at the top of the tree against the Preseason favorites. Chris Meacham has started the year in strong goal kicking form, while Matt Leonard is getting big wraps as he attempts to make CHF his home in 2012, he is going to have a tough match up this week as Jarrod Silvester has spent plenty of time at CHB so far.
I have seen both games from the Bombers so far this season and they have struggled to establish a settled line up so far, they have had several players missing in the first two weeks and at times have looked to fill holes, hopefully they start to see some of these players return to the line up over the coming weeks so that they are able to establish some stability. Would love to see Silvester move to a more permanent role at CHF at some stage, I think he would prove very hard to stop.
Key:
Another big midfield battle this week, the Kangas tall timber might be tough for the Bombers to handle. With Meacham, Leonard, Cuffe, Sutherland and Fishenden all lurking around the forward 50, the Bombers defense, which was severely stretched last week against only 2 talls, could find themselves seriously stretched again.
Player to watch:
Sunbury - Bobby Johnson has returned from a stint in the Bal FL last season and has been at his productive and dashing best early. Is just as solid in the air as he is on the ground and gives the Roos drive out of the back half.
Riddell - Brian Ruffell has been serviceable the first two weeks, needs to play bigger in the forward 50 to take some of the pressure off Allen, he is a former league leading goal kicker and needs to start playing like the number 1 forward rather than the number 2 or 3.
Tip:
This should be a ripping contest at Boardman Reserve, both sides will throw everything at the game as a genuine rivalry exists between the two. Will the Bombers be affected by the big first 2 weeks they have had? Will they have the height to go with the Kangas? Will the Kangas be able to respond with a big win against a fellow contender? Many questions to be answered, really looking forward to this one.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 12 points.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!!! :thumbsu:

Hey IMS, the player for romsey is Dale Keenan and not Dave. Just looking at some of the photos from the first couple of rounds and was just wondering have Diggers Rest changed their jumpers away from their old Melbourne style? I know back in the day they used to wear a similar type fitzroy jumper. Any reason for the change if so?

Hey IMS, the player for romsey is Dale Keenan and not Dave. Just looking at some of the photos from the first couple of rounds and was just wondering have Diggers Rest changed their jumpers away from their old Melbourne style? I know back in the day they used to wear a similar type fitzroy jumper. Any reason for the change if so?

Dammit :D

Yeah the Burra have designed a new jumper. Much for a refresh more than anything if I am correct.

Re: Harrison Hyundai Seniors - Round 3

OMNI"S Tips Round 3.

I am extremely concerned about Kilmore coach Chris Nolans health on Saturday, when he experiences first hand what the Burra has in store for his side at Diggers Rest. Coming up against such a well drilled unit under Elliott the Diggers lads are playing brilliant footy & I am afraid Chrissy Nolan may just burst his colostomy bag under the strain........One can only hope he is not standing too near a fan at the time of the rupture !!! Diggers by 98 pts.

Diggers Rest (2-0, 3rd) Vs Kilmore (0-2, 10th)
The Burra showed last week that they are a true contender in 2012 with a huge win away from home against the Bombers. The Burra did what no other side has been able to do in 10 years in this competition. They transition from defending to attack easily and the spread from the contest is going to be their biggest weapon in 2012. The "same olds" that they have relied on for years have been given a fresh lease on life and this is going to make the Burra a very tough opponent.
The Blues have been nothing short of disappointing in the first two weeks. Prior to the start of the season, this game should have been a blockbuster, but the Blues lost both games they were expected to win and lost them badly. From all reports, the same old Kilmore still exists, solid when they have the ball in hand, but refuse to transition into defense when required. The Blues are notorious down hill skiers and are doing nothing to dispel that perception so far. From reports, the Blues midfielders, in particular Jacobs and Brent Gordon are spending far too much time in the midfield and blowing up, the game has changed and rotations are essential to still be in the game come the last term. The more experienced guys need to trust their teammates to be able to rotate through with them, otherwise, they will continue to be blown out of the water come the final quarter.
Key:
The Burra wont allow easy downhill football for the Blues, they are very strong defensively and their midfielders are disciplined enough to work back just as strong as they work forward. The key for the Burra will be the open attacking they are able to do from spreading when they win the ball as the Blues don't work hard enough in transition, this week it will be exposed as much as any, as they will face a side that is one of the best at exactly that.
Player to watch:
Diggers Rest - As impressive as Brent Tuckey was last week, former Bowen Medalist Steve Ruane has made a very impressive return to the Burra line up. He has been excellent in both games so far and is worth keeping an eye on.
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs will need to pick up his work rate, when he is at his best, then Kilmore fire. As impressive as Jayco is pushing forward, it is pushing back defensively where he will be most important, if he does it, others will follow suit.
Tip:
With the pecking order starting to take shape, on current form, the Blues are going to find the going very very tough here. The Burra's new game style is going to be very tough for them to combat.
Diggers Rest by 50 points.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!!! :thumbsu:

Geez I know I aint got many mates in the RDFL, but two of the guys I thought I was on terms with haven't held back on me or my lads :eek: Hey Omni throw in a spare towel when you leave tomorrow and leave ya phone on coz if something bursts I may have to drop into Boardman once I cross the Calder for a scrub ;)

Geez I know I aint got many mates in the RDFL, but two of the guys I thought I was on terms with haven't held back on me or my lads :eek: Hey Omni throw in a spare towel when you leave tomorrow and leave ya phone on coz if something bursts I may have to drop into Boardman once I cross the Calder for a scrub ;)

I think what it is Doon', is that we have both witnessed firsthand how the "New & Improved" Diggers are gunna play their footy this season & we are a little in awe of that fact.
You & your winless boys had better be warned, cause it could get ugly if your not prepared mate. It could still get a little ugly if you are too !

& dont worry mate, I'll put the gerni in the boot for your hose down if required ! :thumbsu:

Good luck pal. :) ..............Your gunna need it !!! :footy:

You know I love ya Doon, but your boys are in desperate need for a kick in the arse.. I might not be the person that should be doing it and I am sure that many of the players might read it and call me full of crap... But for many of our more recent years, people have been waiting for the potential at the Blues to shine, my question is when will it start to shine??? I am quoting "perception", but the perception is that Kilmore are notoriously good when they have the ball and the run of play.. But are notoriously bad when it comes to going the other way.. They have a term for it.. Think they used it to describe Carlton in more recent times didn't they OMNI? :D

Edit: For the record, I thought the Blues hired the right man to change that and let it be known, I still think this is the case...

You know I love ya Doon, but your boys are in desperate need for a kick in the arse.. I might not be the person that should be doing it and I am sure that many of the players might read it and call me full of crap... But for many of our more recent years, people have been waiting for the potential at the Blues to shine, my question is when will it start to shine??? I am quoting "perception", but the perception is that Kilmore are notoriously good when they have the ball and the run of play.. But are notoriously bad when it comes to going the other way.. They have a term for it.. Think they used it to describe Carlton in more recent times didn't they OMNI? :D

Edit: For the record, I thought the Blues hired the right man to change that and let it be known, I still think this is the case...

You are unreal you Essendon supporters !!! :( I think you lot are even more arrogant than Collingwood supporters ??? At least they pull their heads in "A" little after being beaten !!! You lot are still deluding yourselves that perhaps THIS season may be the ONE ??? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back