RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I s there any word on coaches for next year yet? Have all clubs secured or announced who is at the helm next year ?

I hear that rockbank have advertised and i think pedo has a meeting with romsey in the next couple of weeks to see whether he wants to go again. other than that i would assume meach, doona, meldrum, wheelahan, hopkins etc will be going again. any word out of diggers or riddell yet?

I hear that rockbank have advertised and i think pedo has a meeting with romsey in the next couple of weeks to see whether he wants to go again. other than that i would assume meach, doona, meldrum, wheelahan, hopkins etc will be going again. any word out of diggers or riddell yet?

I have heard you are a big chance to land at Diggers?? Can you confirm or deny any interest?

I heard Pedo and Romsey had decided to part company before this season had already ended.

I heard Pedo and Romsey had decided to part company before this season had already ended.

Apparently the 2nds coach Bull Donovan is a big chance.

A name that keeps bobbing up is Skip Bray also. Personally if Bull didnt want it then I'd be targetting Skip and Tom Webster. I've always said Tommy would make a great coach, Skip is a leader, very popular bloke and has plenty of finals football (and premiership) experience and has also played/coached soccer at a pretty high level when in South Australia.

On a pleasing note, Shane Jacobs won our (Kilmore) best & fairest last night from Matty Swindells, with Matt Zanini 3rd. Voting was a fair indication on how the year went. All trophy recipients spoke about next year which was encouraging.

Reserves was won by Jonno Sutherland, with a tie in the 3rds between Michael McCullough/Dylan Clancy, both lads still eligible for our 3rds in 2013.

What's done is done, time to wipe the slate the clean and try and entice a few experienced bodies to surround these cracking kids with. So if you're interested in being a mentor, a role model and helping a pretty young list get up to speed with senior football drop us a Private Message or give us a call.

As I said last night to our club, the easiest thing to do would be walk away, players and myself included. It aint my footy club but Ive enjoyed it and I don't mind a challenge, and I actually reckon on the back of our junior program there's plenty of upside for Kilmore in the coming years once we games into these kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday doona , I'd be interested in giving you a chop out mate. I've coached in the NFL for the past 6 seasons , mostly u19s & assisted the senior coaches there a fair bit too.. Learnt ALOT from the likes of Hayden Lamaro (VT premiership coach 2012) & Bret Wilson (2012 premiers div3).. As I said worked heavily with the young guys , had maybe 12-15 of those boys in the premiership team this season.. Just moved up to Kilmore last season & coached the juniors up there in 2012. Really enjoyed the club.. Was looking for a senior position myself but unfortunately work commitments may force me to take the year off coaching.. So if I can help u out or even if I could just do some training with the boys ,then more than happy too get involved..

Troy Scoble named Riddells coach, Mark Power his assistant, Brian Taylor assistant development coach and another assistant to be named shortly - word is an ex RDFL premiership coach. Will be interesting to see how many Sunbury Lions players that are still loyal to Serge come across after they now have a premiership medal.

Yeah I'm not awake at the moment, any word on if Graham Milner's doing under 18s next season?

Caught up with Gray last week but coaching wasnt brought up so no idea, think they have their AGM this coming week so after that coaches I assume will be announced.

Hey I just remembered reading of your aspirations re: your footy future on another page a while back, good luck with that :thumbsu:

Caught up with Gray last week but coaching wasnt brought up so no idea, think they have their AGM this coming week so after that coaches I assume will be announced.

Hey I just remembered reading of your aspirations re: your footy future on another page a while back, good luck with that :thumbsu:

Reading through the North Central Review now, applications close on the 26th. I've been trying to convince my dad to give it a shot with a junior club but he thinks that he'll kill someone.

Who are you by the way, I might know you...

Reading through the North Central Review now, applications close on the 26th. I've been trying to convince my dad to give it a shot with a junior club but he thinks that he'll kill someone.

Who are you by the way, I might know you...

Geez we dont want anyone getting killed over junior footy.

Doubt you'd know me mate, I live in Kilmore and do a little bit up at the local footy club. The 26th of October is leaving it a bit late, although I'd imagine theyd have people already locking in the current group, if not by then a lot of their players would've been called by other clubs. Especially Grant Wearne, anyone who reads these pages knows I'm his biggest fan.

It's no secret about the RDFL - they love poaching players off each other. Oh and if Gray does coach you'll have a pretty passionate footy person guiding you. He coached me in under 10's back in 1985/86, he coached and I captained a 3rds flag together in 1993. You cant be anything but passionate to still be going in footy after all that time.

Yeah I'm not awake at the moment, any word on if Graham Milner's doing under 18s next season?
Good old Gray Milner. Couldn't agree more with Doon. A great bloke and super coach. Says alot about the man that he is still putting his hand up to help young men be better players and individuals 20 years after he was doing it with us.

Good old Gray Milner. Couldn't agree more with Doon. A great bloke and super coach. Says alot about the man that he is still putting his hand up to help young men be better players and individuals 20 years after he was doing it with us.

Helped Kilmore FNC out too mate coz Clears got the Ar$e for Gray so he come down and was the Blues senior runner :thumbsu:

Haha, he's a very passionate man when it comes to footy. Is registration for RDFL players in December?

All clubs have their own ways of regsitering contracting their personel, but nothing really happens at league level until Feb 1st when clearances/rego's open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back