wri0013

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2011
Broadford
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
All clubs have their own ways of regsitering contracting their personel, but nothing really happens at league level until Feb 1st when clearances/rego's open.

Okay, cheers mate. I'm pretty sure I've got all the info that I'm after now. All that's left is to prepare for next year. Thanks.

Mongrel

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2006
beaconsfield
AFL Club
Carlton
brian naylor with the LATE news

LATE NEWS??????? Well my apologies for trying to add some genuine football talk to the thread. Im sorry if Barry Hall playing rdfl next year is old boring news. Maybe next time see if u can add something worth reading!!!!

Anyway well done to broadford on what is a major achievement, ending years of speculation about whether or not the big fella would one day play for them. He would be the biggest rdfl recruit in history imo

OMNIPOTENT_1

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
Riddells Creek.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adam Scott
What I Loved about the 2012 RDFL Grand Final Day.

1. So many young kids in attendance, out having a kick on the oval.
2. Our fantastic Footy Record. (At least 95% of it anyway !)
3. The weather was unexpectedly pretty damn good on the day.
4. The Grandstand over at the Netball court was pretty special.
5. That Umpires were presented with Grand Final Medals.
6. The way Lancefield run the catering on the day.
7. The ground surface condition of the Lancefield oval. (Best I've seen it !)
8. The size & passion of the crowd on the day.
9. The quality high standard of the Footy & Netball contests.
10. That Sunbury was able to win their first senior Premiership.
11. That the nicest (& oldest !) bloke in the RDFL, Jamie Cuffe won the BOG medal.
12. The humble & gracious acceptance speech by Chris Meacham.
13. Being able to chat to some polite & interesting Romsey people of note.
14. That Riddell got 3 from 3 Premierships on the Day.

What I Loathed about the 2012 RDFL Grand Final Day.

1. The change rooms at Lancefield are an embarrassing blight on the LFC, RDFL & the Macedon Ranges Shire Council.
2. That Umpires were presented with "Premiership Medallions".
3. The "Special" treatment afforded to the Umpire Association on the day. i.e. -
a) Prime fence allocation for the erection of their marquees x 2.
b) Allowance for them to run their own professional B.B.Q. on the day. &
c) Allowance for them to run their own professional alcohol supply on the day.
4. That off duty Umpires were childishly distracting their on field counterparts.
5. That on field Umpires were actually "playing up to" these off field distracters.
6. That "Umpires Supremo" Michael O'Keeffe could make 2 massive stuff up appointments for Grand Final Day. i.e. -
a) Appointing one of the best Umpires in 2012, Tim Rath to officiate in the Reserve grade......Moreover where he would Umpire his son who was playing for Riddell. &
b) Appoint out of form umpire Troy Jones to the seniors even after O'Keefe had received many complaints throughout the season from several clubs & indeed an individual spectator highlighting Troy's poor form in season 2012.
6. That our biggest & best, most important game of the year was effectively decided in the last 3 minutes of the contest by 3 inside 50m free kicks by the same "Out of Form" Umpire. (ALL resulting in Goals !)
7. That our Umpires scuttled from the field of play quicker than Usain Bolt !
8. That our Umpires HAD to scurry from the field of play as soon as the siren sounded.
9. That Victorian Police personnel that the RDFL had PAYED for were unable to prevent ugly on field spectator incidents occurring post match.
10. That ugly on field spectator incidents occurred at the conclusion of the game.
11. That Romsey chose to leave the field during the Presentation Ceremony.
12. That some ill-informed or ignorant or both, spectators believe our Board members are in control of our Umpires.
13. The massive conflict of interest which exists between our Board & our Umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back