RDT CVXXVVI: New Name, Same s**t *Now with 100% more wings!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win the Grand Final, I vote for a three hour podcast where we all watch the game at the same time and get drunk.

With strippers.

I suggested a similar idea to Badge Fivey and pants and got nothing.

You left yet Quinzate?
Left yesterday. Had a bit of a delay, because the camper lights werent working. They were wired incorrectly.

Which means, that when I was sitting in the car asking the guy to check the lights for me, he was lying through his teeth, and let me drive away with something that would be illegal to take on the road.

Borderline criminal activity FiveStrings ?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Some of you drink some pretty average beer, going by how this thread started!

I wont get started on recommending any "cheap" beers as they are simply no good.

Matty if you want to find some nice beers to try that are a little left of centre, Stone & Wood Pacific Ale and Mountain Goat Summer Ale would be two to keep an eye out for. Locally you could try Feral's Sly Fox or Bootleg's Prohibition Pils.

You arent far away from Old Coast Brewery and for a complete novice youd enjoy their blueberry wheat. Heading South you could pop into the Firestation in Busselton where they do a good job of getting in some rare kegs.

That is just scratching the surface. I wont recommend anything dark or in the realm of IPA's for hops and bitterness as youve been drinking lagers and such. It would turn you off before you got started.

As for lagers versus ales, lagers bottom ferment at low temperatures and take a fairly long time to ferment, ale yeasts top ferment at a higher temperature and can be done in a shorter amount of time.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Some of you drink some pretty average beer, going by how this thread started!

I wont get started on recommending any "cheap" beers as they are simply no good.

Matty if you want to find some nice beers to try that are a little left of centre, Stone & Wood Pacific Ale and Mountain Goat Summer Ale would be two to keep an eye out for. Locally you could try Feral's Sly Fox or Bootleg's Prohibition Pils.

You arent far away from Old Coast Brewery and for a complete novice youd enjoy their blueberry wheat. Heading South you could pop into the Firestation in Busselton where they do a good job of getting in some rare kegs.

That is just scratching the surface. I wont recommend anything dark or in the realm of IPA's for hops and bitterness as youve been drinking lagers and such. It would turn you off before you got started.

As for lagers versus ales, lagers bottom ferment at low temperatures and take a fairly long time to ferment, ale yeasts top ferment at a higher temperature and can be done in a shorter amount of time.
Mate, you've definitely been the most helpful. Old Coast Road is a great joint. Will have to get down there sometime soon.

Mate, you've definitely been the most helpful. Old Coast Road is a great joint. Will have to get down there sometime soon.
I said Red Tick beer.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

I do run a craft beer social media page.. It is a guilty passion of mine. I brew my own beer also.

Doesnt help that Im touring through Eagle Bay and Cheeky Monkey breweries this Friday so all I can think about this week is beer glorious beeeer!!

Pants did you ever find that 4 Pines Stout I told you about? Pretty sure it was you.

I do run a craft beer social media page.. It is a guilty passion of mine. I brew my own beer also.

Doesnt help that Im touring through Eagle Bay and Cheeky Monkey breweries this Friday so all I can think about this week is beer glorious beeeer!!

Pants did you ever find that 4 Pines Stout I told you about? Pretty sure it was you.
It was me but nope. However in Newtown I know is a pub with about 30 beers on tap, all craft I believe.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It was me but nope. However in Newtown I know is a pub with about 30 beers on tap, all craft I believe.

200w.gif

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think I've been before, I remember a place with very expensive weird named beers.

Haha, yeahhhh that would almost certainly be it. We have a couple over here now. Dutch Trading Co in Vic Park and Petition in the CBD (opens Thurs). Both have 18 taps.

I am acclimatized to the cost of craft beer now. I drink less beer, but better quality. Typically the ABV % is higher though so you drink less beers to get just as trolloped.

One last night was 12.9%.

byebyexenxen

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Return the Wings Donor WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 2, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
How do I post a YouTube video on here :(

Status