RDT: Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious as to why people are jumping off Rohan? Not great scores but not sure worth burning a trade to drop him.

Agreed, he'll still make some money in time for a trade down to another rookie to come through I would've thought. With 30 trades, you can't be trading out someone who is playing every week as a cash cow like that.

Ended up using 1 trade last week, Mitchell > Swallow. However with hindsight it seems to be a solid move with Mitchell potentially out for multiple weeks and a good score from Swallow. 173K in the bank now.

My non-premium players currently:
Swallow, Suckling, Langdon, Langford, McDonald, Georgiou
Shiels, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Dunstan, Ellis
Sandilands, Hickey, Currie, (98k ruck)
Caddy, Higgins, Rohan, McDonough

Overall I'm pretty happy with most of them. I feel this enables me to fix a rookie and fix a premium.

That's right Swanny I'm looking at you (Cloke is also annoying me with 35 and 79...but what else is there up front? Cloke > Martin would just be wasting a trade. I'll hold. He'll come good). Carrying 3 Rd8 bye guys in the middle was always going to be a risk, ditching Swan I'm able to save a ton of cash with his 200+ BE and will help make the byes easier. Question is who do I offload Swanny to. Barlow, Scooter, Watson? I'll crunch the numbers and figure it out later. Whatever the case is, Swan is clearly playing a lot more time up front. We thought this may come at expense of his time on the bench and not midfield time, but it has clearly come all out of his midfield time. It is the end of the pig unfortunately. Reached the twilight of his career.

The rookie/mid-pricer I'll fix will probably be a forward rookie (most likely McDonough, maybe Rohan if LTI) as I'm pretty much happy with all the other ones I selected. McDonough > JHK/Taylor/Ambrose/Gleeson/McCarthy I guess. Pocket 70K, have 240K in the bank + whatever I make from the Swan trade.
So I was set on the idea of Michie > Aish & Swan > Barlow....but now it's going to be Swan > someone else. I just know as soon as I trade in Watson he'll get a bloody infraction notice...

Anyone contemplating Swan > N. Jones? He's only 424k, has always played to the last second no matter how far behind the Dees fall, and seems to be scoring like mad at the moment with the addition of Roos' possession style (i.e. + 6s ahoy-hoy!) to his already committed tackle-heavy style.

Anyone contemplating Swan > N. Jones? He's only 424k, has always played to the last second no matter how far behind the Dees fall, and seems to be scoring like mad at the moment with the addition of Roos' possession style (i.e. + 6s ahoy-hoy!) to his already committed tackle-heavy style.
Maybe in Fantasy if you had Swan...but not in RDT IMO. Too risky

Maybe in Fantasy if you had Swan...but not in RDT IMO. Too risky

Perhaps, but I see Jones as a keeper this year, and Swan will be very up and down with the forward resting role and this injury he's carrying (I suspect). And that 200k can be used for a very quick upgrade, getting the team closer to completion.

EDIT: And yeah, talking about RDT.

Taking out Gunston for Buddy as he is cheap as chips due to his poor start to the season. Confident he can kick a bag against the Crows, take some grabs and get a lot of ball.

Some other uncertainties:

Unsure on Vlastuin, Suckling, R. Shaw and Caddy.

Any recommendations as to who I could trade in for any of the above? 24K in the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, but I see Jones as a keeper this year, and Swan will be very up and down with the forward resting role and this injury he's carrying (I suspect). And that 200k can be used for a very quick upgrade, getting the team closer to completion.

EDIT: And yeah, talking about RDT.
Don't get me wrong, get rid of Swan. No one is saying don't. But I don't know, you don't want a keeper to be from a team like Melbourne, even if it's their one good player. Jones might be able to average 100 from here on in, but I think 95 is more realistic which isn't good enough. Their are safer options IMO. Don't get tempted by his very low break even. He's never averaged more than 89 in his career.

pains me to do it but going swan to ablett. swanny just doesn't look the same, maybe its the white boots. may consider going to aish

other trade will probably be madonna (mcdonough) to taylor.
have mitchell and enright but will hold if either of them miss and pray they only miss a week

Hi there,
Hoping for a little advise please. Had the big slip up of scott selwood as captain last week. Wondering if I should get rid of him or keep him.
Currently my midfield is
Scott selwood
Dane beams
Gary Albett
Jobe Watson
Steve Johnson
Trent cotchin
Dom Tyson
Like Dunstan

Other poor scores for the round where birchal, rough head, enright cheers for any advise

Hi there,
Hoping for a little advise please. Had the big slip up of scott selwood as captain last week. Wondering if I should get rid of him or keep him.
Currently my midfield is
Scott selwood
Dane beams
Gary Albett
Jobe Watson
Steve Johnson
Trent cotchin
Dom Tyson
Like Dunstan

Other poor scores for the round where birchal, rough head, enright cheers for any advise

Bit early to drop Scooter, bad scores happen from time to time and he's usually quite good. Better to save the trade.

Taking out Gunston for Buddy as he is cheap as chips due to his poor start to the season. Confident he can kick a bag against the Crows, take some grabs and get a lot of ball.

Some other uncertainties:

Unsure on Vlastuin, Suckling, R. Shaw and Caddy.

Any recommendations as to who I could trade in for any of the above? 24K in the cap.

Talia will take Buddy to the cleaners. Stay away.

I need some advice - I have Barlow and he's out 4-6 weeks. He's had a great first couple weeks though. Will his $ value rise in Round 3 as a result of his 2-game average, or will he stay the same until he returns to action?

I have some other injuries/mistakes I'd like to cover, and some $ to work with. So I could drop Barlow for Pendlebury, or chase the low BE of Nathan Jones or maybe Jabby Jobe and still have $ left to get a decent mid-priced defender in to cover injuries.
But I also have Polec on the bench ready to use if benching Barlow will gain me $40k for the sake of 1 week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back