RDT: Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I need some advice - I have Barlow and he's out 4-6 weeks. He's had a great first couple weeks though. Will his $ value rise in Round 3 as a result of his 2-game average, or will he stay the same until he returns to action?

I have some other injuries/mistakes I'd like to cover, and some $ to work with. So I could drop Barlow for Pendlebury, or chase the low BE of Nathan Jones or maybe Jabby Jobe and still have $ left to get a decent mid-priced defender in to cover injuries.
But I also have Polec on the bench ready to use if benching Barlow will gain me $40k for the sake of 1 week.
Barlow's price won't change until after he has played his third game. Because he is out for 4-6, you need to trade him now (unless you have more pressing issues, eg rookies that aren't getting a game). Both Pendles and Jobe are in scintillating form and you can't go wrong with either. Maybe check the byes and see which fits better with your other mids.

The jury is still out on Jones. Massive start to the season, but his past season averages have been nowhere near that. Still, a new coach and a possession happy gameplan may see a sharp rise in his average. Still, Pendles and Jobe will average more for the season.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the low BE of a mid over $400k because at that level you are picking them to be a keeper, not to make some money and trade away.

Ok. thanks. Trades need to be made then.

Thoughts on Benny Hill? Looks to me like becoming more key to the Hawks, can see him nailing between 90-100 most weeks now, and he's under $340k.
And at that price, I could just about keep him all year.
You'd want him to average more than that if you plan on keeping him as a midfielder.

Re:Jones

Ask yourself, has his role changed? Has he been tagged these last 2 rounds? Does he score well enough when getting tagged? Has he got someone else in his team that will take the tag off him?

My answers would be no, no, no and no which would mean a big no to his selection.

He is a perfect example of why you shouldn't get carried away with a couple of scores and why you should always research selections.

Ok. thanks. Trades need to be made then.

Thoughts on Benny Hill? Looks to me like becoming more key to the Hawks, can see him nailing between 90-100 most weeks now, and he's under $340k.
And at that price, I could just about keep him all year.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I want to keep Swan, as I know he'll start smashing it out - my focus is league win, no worried about overall.

But I am seeing Tyson and find it hard to not bring him in.
Zorko is another who's role has changed and he's seeing a huge benefit, however I'm not overly keen on trading out Dangerfield as I know he will bounce back soon.
Jaensch is in a new, very DT friendly role, he plays as the go between when switching play, also appears to read the ball well, racks up the +6's, but not sure he's worth the trade.

I'm seriously considering JHK for Ambrose though, don't want to miss that price rise.

So basically I could do 4 trades.

But end of the day I think I'll just go JHK > Ambrose
Swan > Tyson

Going McDonough to Ambrose which seems a little bit of a no-brainer. Then "upgrading" Higgins to Zorko. Zorko looks must have this year, only qualm with this trade is that it only leaves me 10k in the bank. Also think that I have to be prepared to back Swan in, picked him for a reason at the start of the season, have to hope that he comes good soon really at that price.

I would like to leave higgins, building his fitness - he'll get better.

Is there any way to view BE's for RDT?
I haven't purchased Assistant Coach, but that seems to be the only way.

Thinking of trading Suckling for D.Swallow. A bit sideways? I've missed the boat on Swallow and feel I should correct it while he's cheap, and Suckling has gone okay, but may need upgrading later. What ya reckon?

My biggest concern is what to do with Pavlich.... Probably trading to Zorko. Not sure if trading JKH for Ambrose is worth it. Sitting on the edge of the best 22 and won't be kicking 3 a week going forward, was also close to being subbed out before some 3rd quarter heroics. Think I'll hold onto the trade for that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first trade is a bit of a no-brainer: McDonough -> Ambrose

My second trade is harder, as I have both Barlow and Ryder missing this week. Barlow is obviously going to be traded as he's out for 4-6, but I also want to get rid of Ryder (notwithstanding he will likely be back next week, he was just a bad pick). My trade targets are Mummy in the ruck and probably Johnson or Pendles in the mids. Mummy would increase more in price than Johnson/Pendles this week you would've thought.

So do I play a premo ruck and rookie mid or premo mid and rookie ruck? It comes down to:

Aish/Dunstan and Mummy v Pendles/Johnson and Currie

Which combo is likely to score more?

Confession time. Even after 3 trades fixing up my horrendous rookie picks I've still got Sheed. :rolleyes:

Ended up going:

Michie > Tyson
Close > Ambrose (instead of Sheed > Thomas)

Not completely sold on Ambrose (job security wise) but not much to choose from.

In the end:
Swan > SJ
McDonough > Ambrose

I figure I can hold onto Michie for 1/2 more weeks with guys like Kelly and Crouch coming through as likely quality replacements. Can't see that quality on the horizon for the forwards, so I'll jump on Ambrose whilst I can.

Re:Jones

Ask yourself, has his role changed? Has he been tagged these last 2 rounds? Does he score well enough when getting tagged? Has he got someone else in his team that will take the tag off him?

My answers would be no, no, no and no which would mean a big no to his selection.

He was tagged by Jarryn Geary in round one, and played through it by getting the ball and getting rid of it again right away - usually fairly inaccurately. He's not a great footballer, but he wins regular enough ball.
In any case I accept he would have been a short-term $ gain but likely not a stayed for the long-haul.

I don't see an issue with having Hill cheaply priced and as an 8th mid.
Surely it's all about how many points-to-dollars a player provides. I could have 6 premiums plus Dunstan and Hill. Once the values change again, it'll probably be an option to replace Polec; I don't see him lasting the season.

I don't see an issue with having Hill cheaply priced and as an 8th mid.
Surely it's all about how many points-to-dollars a player provides. I could have 6 premiums plus Dunstan and Hill. Once the values change again, it'll probably be an option to replace Polec; I don't see him lasting the season.
I definitely think Polec will peak early say 300-350k, his SC numbers are far better etc more points for efficiency, running bounces. He'll average 80-90 in SC but 65-75 in DT. Ellis will peak early too just because he's a defender (don't get why isn't he DPP).

I also think he'll start to get the tag; Port in first couple games were using him as a relay for clearance - i.e someone wins ball, and instead of kicking forward in hope finds polec who has more space to kick accurately.
Think teams will start to take that away. And Boak hasn't broken tag very well, so it'll be on likes of Wingard perhaps to get more involved on ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back