Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping we'd bring in a CB in to replace the combined loss of Vidic and Rio but LVG confirming three at the back makes this an absolute necessity, especially considering we only really have three tried and tested EPL standard centre halves, all three have had their fair share of injuries too.

As much as I'd love Hummels I just can't see it happening unfortunately, of the others we've been linked to I wouldn't mind De Vrij or even Vermaelen if we could get it done on the cheap. I'm also wondering if we'd be better off abandoning the chase for Vidal and focusing on signing a number 6, Vidal's high pressing box to box game could limit Herrera's ability to get forward and create.

Nice finish from Welbeck, big year for him otherwise he could find himself on the way out.

Excellent penalty from Rooney, keeper had no chance. Woeful defending for his second.

Lovely cut back by Young for the 4th and shocked he did no go to ground before getting the 6th.

Nice way to kick of the tour but it is LA Galaxy and they are rubbish

I've found the perfect formation for us playing FIFA. It's 3-5-2. I hardly lose in Seasons now.

......................de Gea...................
....Smalling.....Evans......Jones.....
.............Carrick....Herrera...........
...Valencia......Mata.........Januzaj...
............RVP..........Rooney.............
Close enough ;)

So he's confirmed as no.21?

And I think he needs to go with Herrera on the back, looks stupid with ander Herrera, to long.

So he's confirmed as no.21?

And I think he needs to go with Herrera on the back, looks stupid with ander Herrera, to long.
Yeh, chop of the first name, looks shite. He loves those little through balls, lovely touch. High hoped for the lad.

Vidal is 100% no chance, the club not as interested as we were as fans.

He has said he won't be joining us, I daresay we didn't inquire too much. I think LvG prefers Strootman.

Damn, Vidal and Herrera's level of work rate together would've been perfect with 3 at the back.

I like Strootman but the earliest we could make a play for him would be in January. So that leaves us with Carrick (long-term injury), Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini (probably gone), Anderson (gone) and possibly Powell (too inexperienced). Woody says transfers are being arranged so surely one of them has to be a backup CM to Vidal? Also expecting Pearson to get games in the cups but not the first team.

But basically I'd like another CM pretty bad. Fletcher, Cleverley and even Carrick (what is he now, 34?) partnering Ander will not win us the league or get us back into the top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we desperately need a CB, Winger and CM. No doubt about that, without those three spots being reinforced we stay behind the pack.

I think the need for a winger is a bit less than the other two. There's rumours that LVG is looking to officially change Valencia's first name to Arjen.

I think the need for a winger is a bit less than the other two. There's rumours that LVG is looking to officially change Valencia's first name to Arjen.

Our current wingers are either s**t or raw. Still could agree it's the third on the list of importance.

I'm hoping to see us play more centrally this season anyway.
Agreed, wing play has always been a traditional staple of United but I think it's time we moved away from it tbh and all indications from LVG suggest that this might be the case.

I can't see us going into the season without signing another midfielder, we might have gotten away with waiting for Strootman if Carrick was fit but his injury just further underlines our need for reinforcement.

Agreed, wing play has always been a traditional staple of United but I think it's time we moved away from it tbh and all indications from LVG suggest that this might be the case.

I can't see us going into the season without signing another midfielder, we might have gotten away with waiting for Strootman if Carrick was fit but his injury just further underlines our need for reinforcement.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't sign another CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back