Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he will keep Cleverley as backup and Young probably too, can definately see Zaha and Nani leave tho.

Agreed, I think Cleverley will definitely be kept for depth and I can see one of Zaha and Nani being converted into a striker in a similar fashion to Robben's role in this system for the Dutch, can't see both of them staying though.

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
Has there been any word on what Van Gaal intends to do with some of those reserve players? For instance I know that there's at least 3 championship clubs in for M. Keane on loan, but I haven't heard anything from Man Utd's end confirming that he's available.

Has there been any word on what Van Gaal intends to do with some of those reserve players? For instance I know that there's at least 3 championship clubs in for M. Keane on loan, but I haven't heard anything from Man Utd's end confirming that he's available.
Not until after the tour as Van Gaal wants to see every player and make his own judgments.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
*ing hell can't reiterate more how shite our midfield is. An enforcer like Yaya would be handy right now. Zaha has been alright

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
B-e-a-utiful :D

InfamousYawningGull.gif

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

SuperCats9

Norm Smith Medallist
Minecraft
Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester United
What's worrying is LVG said that was our best performance this pre-season. Yes, we had some brilliant link up play, but it was a very lacklustre performance and our midfield was poor again.

We need defenders, LVG seems to be on the move with that one, looking forward to seeing who we'll target. IMO we need 2 quality ones, one who's a rock at the back (like vidic), and one who's good on the ball, (Vermealen fits the bill there).

And then of course the midfield. Yes we have signed Herrera, but we won't see the best of his if we don't get someone to play alongside him to help him, we desperately need a holding/defensive mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying to be patient and trusting LvG at his words that he is analysing the squad during this tour.

From what I've seen the holes are fairly obvious. Getting sick of the links to the players that won't happen.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm confident we'll finish top four this season after what we've showed so far, we'll account for the bottom 15 teams easily with our attacking play and that's how you win the league. Granted, we'll struggle against the likes of Arsenal, City and Chelsea but we aren't in a place atm where we need to win big games, especially without Champions League.

I'm confident we'll finish top four this season after what we've showed so far, we'll account for the bottom 15 teams easily with our attacking play and that's how you win the league. Granted, we'll struggle against the likes of Arsenal, City and Chelsea but we aren't in a place atm where we need to win big games, especially without Champions League.

Very optimistic.

If we don't sign 2 CB's, another midfielder and a winger we'll not finish top 4.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Very optimistic.

If we don't sign 2 CB's, another midfielder and a winger we'll not finish top 4.

If Jones, Evans, Smalling and Rafa stay fit for the entire season we'll be fine. They're more than capable of seeing off most mid-low tier teams, i couldn't give a * if we go 0-6 against City, Chelsea and Arsenal(which we won't) we'll pick up enough points elsewhere.

So would I, Hummels is probably my most preferred target this window. I'd take him over Vidal. Kagawa, as much as I like him, really is a luxury of a player right now.

LvG has made mention of having way too many number 10s. You'd think one is gone.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
LvG has made mention of having way too many number 10s. You'd think one is gone.

Rooney - Keep - probably our best player.
Mata - Keep - our best CAM.
Kagawa - Sell - Good CAM, but behind Mata and Rooney. Can't play wings for s**t.
Lingard - Loan/Keep - Young, But quality.
Janu - Keep - More of a winger but will probably transition into a CAM in time.
Herrera - Keep - Obviously just bought him, should be an amazing signing.

Did i miss anyone? :p

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
The gaffer said he'd like a first team squad of 23. But we got too many fecking players. It's tough to cut them because they all show potential. These are the players who all have first team experience. The bolded are the ones i think should go out on loan.

ST: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Chicharito, Zaha, Wilson, Lawrence, Keane, Henriquez
CAM: Mata, Januzaj, Lingard
CM: Herrera, New CM, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Powell
WB: Valencia, Rafael, Shaw, Young, Varela, Vermijl, James
CB: Evans, Smalling, Jones, New CB, Keane, Blackett
GK: DDG, Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone

But i still get 26 players staying with us this season. Buying 2 CBs would be nice but imo we'll only sign one.

I'd like to see the following on the transfer list:
OUT: Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back