Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Moyes needs to implement his own game plan, then go after players who will fit in nicely to it.

No point paying another £80m on 2-3 players and just throwing them in there.

Lots of work to be done, but if we do it right this offseason. Which is a big if, then I'm pretty confident we will be right up there again next season and beyond.

Not sure what to make of last night. If you just saw the scoreline you would think we had a great day out but if you watched you you would know that Benteke could/should have scored a hatty.

We played some nice football with Kagagwa, Mata and Rooney all doing well. Fletch was very good but defensively we were average again.

Missed the first 15 minutes and did not realise Jones was even playing until the 60th minute....never sighted.

Not sure what to make of last night. If you just saw the scoreline you would think we had a great day out but if you watched you you would know that Benteke could/should have scored a hatty.

We played some nice football with Kagagwa, Mata and Rooney all doing well. Fletch was very good but defensively we were average again.

Missed the first 15 minutes and did not realise Jones was even playing until the 60th minute....never sighted.

That's what you want from your CB :p

We deserved to win, make no doubt.

But he was playing RB when Rafa went off and Carrick played CB with Vidic.

We were 3-1 up at that stage, we didn't need to have our full backs pushing up. We're shocking defensively this season I'm happy for us to sure that up when we're 2 goals up.

We're being reported to be bidding 40M for Kroos, that with the 37M we spent on Carvalho. It will certainly help our midfield if we can land these two.

I wonder if the result of the next match will change Kroos' mind either way, we win and he may want to stay at Bayern to make up for exiting the Champs league in the QF, but it could make it admire us more. We lose and If they go on to win the CL he could see that he's achieved all he could with BM but he could also see us as a poor team that he doesn't want to be apart of.

I guess it'll come down to $$$

Kroos would be a massive get, it's unlikely but if we pulled it off I'd go bananas!!

Loved what I saw on the weekend, mata/januzaj/Kagawa/Hernandez worked extremely well together, I definitely think mata, Kagawa and januzaj should be playing every game, Rooney obviously taking chichas spot and unfortunately RVP should be moved on, doesn't fit the system with those guys.

I expect Kroos to resign with Bayern before the season is over. However if he doesn't I guess we'll at least make a bid. The guy has a year left on his contract so 40m is a silly price. Hopefully we don't offer close to that.

Gundogan has re-signed with Dortmund. Heaps of rumours that we were into him but he hasn't played in a long time so it would have been a risk to even make a bid.

Expected him to re-sign with Dortmund, I hardly gave us a chance with him, never looked likely.

However plenty of talk that we are set to seal deals for Carvalho and Shaw, would be 2 pretty good gets, a solid CDM and a promising young LB.

What's left is a quality CB and another midfielder, lots of talk on Kroos, that's a long shot but we'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this quote is true but still pretty interesting.

Mario Gotze
Gotze said: "When I was at Borussia, Marco wanted a move to Manchester United. This hasn't changed."

Not sure if this quote is true but still pretty interesting.

Mario Gotze
Gotze said: "When I was at Borussia, Marco wanted a move to Manchester United. This hasn't changed."

Very fake.

Jesus they look flat against Everton, then again I guess that's been the theme of this season. How do we all feel about the purported 200m transfer budget for Moyes next season? Not sure if I like us just buying success like City.

Jesus they look flat against Everton, then again I guess that's been the theme of this season. How do we all feel about the purported 200m transfer budget for Moyes next season? Not sure if I like us just buying success like City.

The new FFP and Premier league cost control rules means that United are going to find it very difficult to spend their way back into the top 4.

Especially without Champions league football.

The new FFP and Premier league cost control rules means that United are going to find it very difficult to spend their way back into the top 4.

Especially without Champions league football.
Depends how much profit we're making I suppose. The rule just means we can't incur a financial loss for the period that's greater than what's set, doesn't it?

Depends how much profit we're making I suppose. The rule just means we can't incur a financial loss for the period that's greater than what's set, doesn't it?

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

The premier league rules are slightly different than the FFP ones.

Below the Liverpool part they explain the rules for Manchester United.

It's not a pretty read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back