Re-sign Clarkson already: Caro says it's done. 3yr extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question.....on that topic how would Ratts go as a senior coach to succeed AC?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I would back Ratts for the job - if he wanted it and Clarko/Fagan thought him a worth successor. He got a lot out of what's proven to be a pretty woeful list at Carlton. His deemed under-achieving was over-achieving in hindsight. I dare say he'll get an offer in the next 1-2 years though from another club.

Thinking of Hawthorn post Clarkson scares me. It's a bit like the Belicheck/Brady thing the Pats have going if you include Hodge. Fingers crossed we have a nice little succession plan in place when the time comes in the coaches box and on field.

Thinking of Hawthorn post Clarkson scares me. It's a bit like the Belicheck/Brady thing the Pats have going if you include Hodge. Fingers crossed we have a nice little succession plan in place when the time comes in the coaches box and on field.

Except Clarko and Hodge aren't cheating arseholes like Belicheck and Brady :)

Quoted for truth. I still don't understand how Roos, or anyone, can be rated better than one of the most successful coaches in AFL history? If I'm right, Roos has 1 premiership from 2 Grand Finals. Clark 4 from 5. Lyon 0 from 4 (or 5...)

Ridiculous: http://afltables.com/afl/stats/coaches/coaches_idx.html
The stats really put everything back into perspective.

Camporeale has a higher winning percentage than Clarkson! And he coached Adelaide to a finals victory! Screw Clarko, get on Campo!

Quoted for truth. I still don't understand how Roos, or anyone, can be rated better than one of the most successful coaches in AFL history? If I'm right, Roos has 1 premiership from 2 Grand Finals. Clark 4 from 5. Lyon 0 from 4 (or 5...)

Because Roos was associated with the $wines. That automatically enhances any achievement by 30-40 times. Like the Blüdzz Kulchure - that infamous 'culture' that has led to such amazing achievements as 2 premierships in the era since Hitler rose to power in Germany. It doesn't matter that we've won 13 in that period - it's all about that Bloodz Kultchure.

Interesting fact: Clarko has the same number of finals wins as Norm Smith, and 2 less finals losses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Worsfold is 2nd highest paid coach, on 1.3m
Why else would someone coach Essendon other than getting paid overs

Half the issue we have with equalisation is the over spending by poor teams, the AFL forcing them to pay 95% of the salary cap doesn't help but Roos on 1.5m is just stupid

Google reckons that Clarko is only 47, 48 in April. He's already Coached for what, 12 years (this may be his 12th?)? And, he has 4 Flags from 5 GFs. He may also hold an MBA from Harvard (not sure if he's finished/graduated - is this bit correct?).

How do we (HFC) keep him at the Club for the next 15 years & what would be his progression? I'm hoping that Dingley keeps him entertained for a few years; that the AFL f*** with the rules at their current rate which keeps him interested & occupied so as to keep thwarting their efforts; &, on a personal note, that he has developed a fetish for large golden cups in goes on a 'Falling Down' styled premiership rampage, winning about 10 of the next 12 before going out in a blaze of glory & burning down essenscum's training centre... (Sorry, just saw Falling Down...:D)...

Google reckons that Clarko is only 47, 48 in April. He's already Coached for what, 12 years (this may be his 12th?)? And, he has 4 Flags from 5 GFs. He may also hold an MBA from Harvard (not sure if he's finished/graduated - is this bit correct?).

How do we (HFC) keep him at the Club for the next 15 years & what would be his progression? I'm hoping that Dingley keeps him entertained for a few years; that the AFL f*** with the rules at their current rate which keeps him interested & occupied so as to keep thwarting their efforts; &, on a personal note, that he has developed a fetish for large golden cups in goes on a 'Falling Down' styled premiership rampage, winning about 10 of the next 12 before going out in a blaze of glory & burning down essenscum's training centre... (Sorry, just saw Falling Down...:D)...

He can always add new challenges, like ordering and eating a meal while a game is in progress - outdoing Mark Thompson in the sandwich eating competition :D

He can always add new challenges, like ordering and eating a meal while a game is in progress - outdoing Mark Thompson in the sandwich eating competition :D
He could bring all the ingredients and spend the better part of an entire quarter making a big club sandwich before taking his time to casually eat it.

Why only 3 years. Should be 5. Hes probably the GOAT amongst all coaches
If he signs for 5 then he's locked in at the wage of a 4 time premiership coach. Where as if he only signs for 3 he'll be able to renegotiate sooner a new contract worthy of a 7 time premiership coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back