TrainRoo32

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVERPOOOL
Well i'm in the camp that Danger will stay. And the inner sanctum wouldn't have been told but they'd basically know. He loves the club and only has a couple of priorities away from Adelaide that can wait until he retires

If this is the case, it could be a turning point for our club in a positive way. It shows we can keep a GUN. It's a chance for us to stamp the culture that we will be a winning club and we will be awesome again. That sort of culture could last for years with the likes of Roo, Fages and Phil at the helm and beyond

:p
But Tippett's wish for long-standing relationships with the Crows seems troubled by the reaction of his team-mates, in particular Patrick Dangerfield. He Tweeted: "The club did absolutely everything it could. But u have to want to be apart (sic) of the footy club."

Adelaide's contract offer to Tippett kept the key forward-ruckman as the highest-paid player at West Lakes with an average annual salary of $800,000.

Dangerfield, who ignored huge offers to defect to Geelong and Essendon this year, later modified the Tweet to say: "But u have to be apart (sic) of where we are going."

This is what I always go back to lol

Thats ****en gold!
But ,unfortunately from a different era and culture
:-(
IT MIGHT not have been enough to buy more than a handful of lollies, but for Chris Grant a 20-cent coin was a lasting symbol of his decision to remain a loyal Western Bulldogs player.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm with Carl on this. His change in demeanor coincides seamlessly with Kim Jong Phil taking the reigns. I suspect a man conversation was had. Pulled out of Ch 9 news, hasn't been on the radio and has been very quiet since. Still gets about and makes a point to post pics with the draftees etc to make them feel welcome, posts a pic from the back of the team bus with Roo driving etc. I believe he loves the club as much as ever but its footy first atm. Putting his all into a big year. If he can ask it of the club, the club can ask it of him. If either party come up short they can re-evaluate knowing they gave it their best.
I have no doubt that part of Roo's review that resulted in Sando's sacking also came up with:
- the top 5 players all felt as though they were carrying the club
- the rest of the players all felt as though too much love was given to those 5

Which is why Phil has emphasised the team first, un-individual approach. I think he doesn't want everyone fawning over Danger like some used to do, most noticeably the coach. This is about instilling confidence in the rest of the group and also allowing the key players to avoid distractions.

Whether that means Danger is staying or going, ****ed if I know.

Whether that means Danger is staying or going, stuffed if I know.

By Walsh instilling the team mentality ethos its meant to minimize the impact of one or two players. So in a way if Danger does leave, the team is still there and exists and can still perform.

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
Im sure there is an element of truth in what DABM has said re Phil maybe having a conversation with all the boys about social media. Im pretty sure though that Danger himself has decided to reduce his media profile until his decision is made public. Im sure he has had a guts full of being asked the same question every time he opens his mouth or comments on anything in the media. I would imagine he is now actively avoiding such conversations.

I'm in the camp that believes Danger will leave and already knows it. The inner sanctum wouldn't have been told but they'd basically know. He doesn't dislike the club but has priorities away from Adelaide.

However, if this is the case, it could be a turning point for our club in a positive way. If done properly. It is a chance for us to stamp the culture that one player does not have a bigger influence than another. That sort of culture lasts years beyond any of this.

This is rare. I'm in total agreeance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Allefgib lets analyse this shall we?

I said...

Highlighted for a reason as it was simply an observation based on a social media outlet.

Then I received those 2 responces.

And you wonder why I respond how I do.

Condescending, rude, patronising and limited in meaningful discussing.

Last year, he was all over social meida promoting himself with other season players. This year, he is still using social media to promote his outings but the senior players have been exchanged with younger players.

Keep in mine, I did acknowledge how well he has made them feel welcome, the backhanded complement but I still feel he has changed his persective on who he soicalises with and this could be him distancing himself.

You could make the team first approach arguement but Tippett did the same thing but stepping back.

Therefore, i'm sick of the *******s being rude on this board.

Well have a look in the mirror chief.
Thats how many of us feel about you.

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I'm in the camp that believes Danger will leave and already knows it. The inner sanctum wouldn't have been told but they'd basically know. He doesn't dislike the club but has priorities away from Adelaide.

However, if this is the case, it could be a turning point for our club in a positive way. If done properly. It is a chance for us to stamp the culture that one player does not have a bigger influence than another. That sort of culture lasts years beyond any of this.
If he does leave, I'm of the understanding we will match the offer in which case he can either decide to stay OR leave and then the club of choice has to cough up much more than just a lousy pick 19 (we will win the flag obviously).

Then we fire some Crow coloured flares into the skies above Dartmoor and hope Jezza is sitting out on his deck star gazing.

mort0089

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liv'pool,Adel Utd,Glenelg
If he does leave, I'm of the understanding we will match the offer in which case he can either decide to stay OR leave and then the club of choice has to cough up much more than just a lousy pick 19 (we will win the flag obviously).

Then we fire some Crow coloured flares into the skies above Dartmoor and hope Jezza is sitting out on his deck star gazing.
I like this approach, as long as it is not a ridiculous offer from Geelong. Where we are still have the ability to attract and re-sign others on our list if he decides to stay (Crouches etc.)

I really want him to stay, but not if the terms are unrealistic for us to match.

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm sure the Crouch boys will take market value or less. Can't imagine either of them leaving when they have the unbelievable opportunity to play their whole careers together. Another reason why trading Vince to bring in M.Crouch was a good move.
^i get your point though.

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I like this approach, as long as it is not a ridiculous offer from Geelong. Where we are still have the ability to attract and re-sign others on our list if he decides to stay (Crouches etc.)

I really want him to stay, but not if the terms are unrealistic for us to match.
Don't think Geelong are the club we should be scared of financially. Geelong won't be the club to put up the biggest $$ offer to Patty. They're probably in a similar spot to us cap wise, so no reason we can't match them.

Generally the clubs that can offer ridiculous cash are the ones lower on the ladder (Melbourne, Bulldogs for Boyd etc, Carlton).

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Don't think Geelong are the club we should be scared of financially. Geelong won't be the club to put up the biggest $$ offer to Patty. They're probably in a similar spot to us cap wise, so no reason we can't match them.

Generally the clubs that can offer ridiculous cash are the ones lower on the ladder (Melbourne, Bulldogs for Boyd etc, Carlton).

And if what Danger says about where he will play in the future, I cant see him at any one of those clubs.

Thoughts Sanders ?

BTW, I still agree with CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back