No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree - danger is a completely different scenario to Tippett - would be similar to gunston.

There is no dodgy deal with danger forcing our hand.

We can match any cats offer forcing a trade which would be gunston like unders not a free agency rip off.

Danger will not risk the psd as would end up at a bottom team. He is also is not a s**t character.

Sanders will stick to his every scenario is the same argument.

Look Fonzie, I don't really care too much about most of your naive nonsense but at least have the courtesy to tag me properly if you're going to take a pot shot.

This is about the 3rd time in recent days.

I never get that mentality either.

Sydney were more than happy to go nuclear. You told Kurt you would let him go for a second rounder so that's what we will pay.

They were very happy not to help out the situation in any way shape or form and instead stood by and watched us be burnt to the ground.

And this from the so called "fair traders" of the AFL.

That's not a judgment on them - just stating a fact

I don't know what we were asking, but I can understand why all of their premiership players were off the table. They may have tried to move a youngun on, but perhaps none were interested. They did offer their first, it wasn't their fault it was 22 instead of 18, plus white who I guess was worth a 2nd founder. Sometimes you've only got what you've got. We paid under's for Jacobs because we were never trading out our first rounder. We weren't going nuclear on them, we just offered the best we could and that was that.

Not in the end no, who didn't know about it?

Remember Sydney was happy to offer no more and let him fall to GWS in the psd.

Teams roll over for big unders all the time, none of which have funny clauses (that we know about)
Well explain why West Coast got so much for Judd, Essendon for Ryder, Port for Burgoyne etc. GC got plenty for an uncontracted Caddy. Teams trade fairly when they commit to a player.

And I agree Geelong are committing as a FA that's why we need to match. They won't abandon him.

Last edited:
Not in the end no, who didn't know about it?

Remember Sydney was happy to offer no more and let him fall to GWS in the psd.

Teams roll over for big unders all the time, none of which have funny clauses (that we know about)

Hmm maybe. It will be interesting how this pans out. Hopefully with a signature.

So once again, we will get bent over, accept it and simply told to smile.

Love the AFL.

If we were st kilda it'd be easy, pick 2 is the compo, so we grab it and move on. We're unlikely to win the flag, so it won't be as easy as risking pick 18 and if he ends up in a draft, then not too much damage. I'm reasonably confident that if it is Geelong then we shouldn't have too much hassle getting their first 2 picks and maybe down-grading our 3rd and 4th. Of course, if he goes to melbourne on $1.5m x 8 years, then we'll just have to accept our shitty compensation.

Look Fonzie, I don't really care too much about most of your naive nonsense but at least have the courtesy to tag me properly if you're going to take a pot shot.

This is about the 3rd time in recent days.
How about you address the post rather than getting personal?

Because it's not in your nature!

Anyone who disagrees with you, you apply bully boy tactics rather than arguing the points at hand.

I would like to think you are better than that, but I doubt it based on past experience as an internet sniper.

Why would afc accept a lesser free agency draft pick when they can force a team to enter a trade? Yes, I know we will still get less than dangers' worth but cats would pay mote than fa compensation than losing him altogether.

Time will tell but the world isn't as simplistic as you make it to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well explain why West Coast got so much for Judd, Essendon for Ryder, Port for Burgoyne etc. GC got plenty for an uncontracted Caddy. Teams trade fairly when they commit to a player.

And I agree Geelong are committing as a FA that's why we need to match. They won't abandon him.

Essendon feels they were reamed over Ryder. A contracted player
Hawks stole Burgoyne
GC refused to trade Caddy for unders the year before to essendon, because he was contracted. When out of contract the next year they had no choice but to accept unders.

Not much to explain they speak for themselves.

Anyone who disagrees with you, you apply bully boy tactics rather than arguing the points at hand.

I would like to think you are better than that, but I doubt it based on past experience as an internet sniper.

Why would afc accept a lesser free agency draft pick when they can force a team to enter a trade? Yes, I know we will still get less than dangers' worth but cats would pay mote than fa compensation than losing him altogether.

Nice hissy fit.

Essendon feels they were reamed over Ryder. A contracted player
Hawks stole Burgoyne
GC refused to trade Caddy for unders the year before to essendon, because he was contracted. When out of contract the next year they had no choice but to accept unders.

Not much to explain they speak for themselves.
Still all more than the compo we would probably receive! That's why we will match and get unders but definitely more than compo. Burgoyne was 2 x first rounders late in his career, Ryder 1st and 2nd with a get out clause. Patty is worth more than all.

The Ryder deal went to mediation I think, they wanted a quality player as well as the pick.

The Burgoyne deal also went to mediation, and only happened after essendon and geelong got involved.

Carlton had pick 1 & 3 which west coast wanted for judd. Carlton wanted to keep pick 1- and did, eventually reluctantly throwing in Kennedy with pick 3.

I doubt we will even get that. I expect we will just take the compo pick .... just like everyone else has

There are only a couple where the player could be considered around Danger's level;

Buddy - Hawks couldn't/wouldn't match a 10 year $1m+ deal.
Frawley - demons would have been risking pick 2 and Hawks had just won the flag, so their best pick on offer was 18 unless they traded out a star.
Goddard - 28yo, Saints refused to budge on their conditional 3 year deal, so couldn't match the 4 year deal offered by essendon. Pick 13 was a skinny return though and if they were prepared to go 4 years, they might have seriously considered trying to do a bit better at the trade table. We'll never know because they stuck to their guns on their offer.

There will come a time when the $ amount and length are similar, the club has won the flag or gone close and it's a top tier player, ala Danger and the club will match. Then all the posters who haven't bothered to consider the varying factors of each event so far, will be here telling us that a club was always bound to match an offer. Or they'll say the club is just doing it out of spite because it's not the smart thing to do based on what's happened to that point.

A reason could be if they have plans for the compensation pick and don't want to hold up a deal.

Also what if we have a s**t season and the Cats a decent one. The compensation pick could be worth a lot more than their first rounder, even with a player thrown in.

A reason could be if they have plans for the compensation pick and don't want to hold up a deal.

Also what if we have a s**t season and the Cats a decent one. The compensation pick could be worth a lot more than their first rounder, even with a player thrown in.
Sure, if we have a s**t season, then we can do a saints like Goddard as that changes things... But we are not going to have a bottom 4 finish ;)

That's what I was getting at put a huge offer in front of motlop and get him to nominate us. Geelong couldn't get near it after accommodating Paddy so would nearly be forced to trade. Gives us a card if Danger wants out. Motlop, Aish these guys haven't signed for a reason there will be plenty of money floating around depending on how the big fish fall.
How much would you actually like us to pay for Motlop though? or is the ploy to make Geelong try to match and not have enough for danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back