No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been running this through my head, I'm not sure how it would work or if it's even feasible but do you guys think it would be possible for Adelaide to offer Danger a 5 year contract at 1 mil per year or something similar (provided we have cap space) with a gentleman's agreement that we will facilitate a trade away if he was so inclined? That way he has financial security for the next 5 years and we would receive the compensation we deserve in a fair trade should he wish to leave.

I've been running this through my head, I'm not sure how it would work or if it's even feasible but do you guys think it would be possible for Adelaide to offer Danger a 5 year contract at 1 mil per year or something similar (provided we have cap space) with a gentleman's agreement that we will facilitate a trade away if he was so inclined? That way he has financial security for the next 5 years and we would receive the compensation we deserve in a fair trade should he wish to leave.
Ok Phil

Why does this sound eerily familiar????? Oh wait....

Piss take right?

If a contracted player requests a trade mid-contract, clubs will generally make attempts to facilitate such, the issue is the onus is then on the player to ensure the his club of choice actually comes to the table in trade week and offers something meaningful. More often than not clubs are too busy arse covering to make the trade. The ability to trade future draft picks would certainly make this easier and if the AFLPA had half a brain they'd be pushing for this, rather than their hobby horse ensure clubs, and lesser players, get screwed over as much as possible with Free-Agency.

At the moment dangerfield isnt playing like a million dollar player. If he keeps it up we might only have to pay him 700 k.
I think GCS and carlton have proven to us that paying a single player 10% of your cap space is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of success.

If it's danger for a mill a year or nothing, I'll take door number 2 thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think GCS and carlton have proven to us that paying a single player 10% of your cap space is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of success.

If it's danger for a mill a year or nothing, I'll take door number 2 thanks.

but on the flip side, sydney pay 2 players almost 10% each and yet they arent cellar dwellers...

Kurt Tippett says hello.

No it isn't. The equivalent of us paying a player $1,000,000 a season is them paying a player $1,098,000. Their salary cap isn't twice as large as the rest of the competition.
You clearly have zero comprehension on how marginal economics works.

Clearly you believe Sydney when they say that they pay each and every player on their list 10% more so as to distribute the COLA evenly across their playing group.

You clearly have zero comprehension on how marginal economics works.

Clearly you believe Sydney when they say that they pay each and every player on their list 10% more so as to distribute the COLA evenly across their playing group.

What I believe, is that Sydney pay their star players a lot, and their average ones not so much. While we've likely highly overpaid average players for years, instead of paying them what they're worth.

Someone a while ago said that we were waiting for a bad loss to announce a player signing.

This could be the week.....

In 3 years time will Jenkins, Martin, Hartigan, Shaw, VB, McKay, Lyons, grigg and Wright still be on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back