No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You....I like you.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see Sloane or Danger in the hoops with our midfield getting a bit long in the tooth. If they were being misused, or on a team with no shot, wouldn't begrudge them leaving. But don't think any of their suitors, Cats included, offer a significantly better chance to hoist the trophy.

Id suggest he does, been to many a family function with several of them. They know what he is like and still choose to have him around.

He is very careful not to divulge things we arent supposed to know, but he does give out bits and pieces from time to time.
"Things we aren't supposed to know"

#1 I have such and such as a client

"Things we aren't supposed to know"

#1 I have such and such as a client
Why ??

Its like us not knowing Paul Connors is Dangers manager. If they cared im sure they wouldn't rock up at his house during family gatherings.

I couldn't tell you what the players are being paid, or the monetary value of houses, businesses etc. As i have said they know what he is like and im sure if he stepped over a line they would tell him pretty quick.

He got a street at least.

View attachment 136743
sloane-street4.jpg

Lucky we haven't lost him to the Chavs.

Not quite related but didn't know where to put it. Does anyone know why Danger has lost his 'standing' in the game?

I looked at his stats compared to 2012 and he averages 3 less disposals per game, but 1 goal more and almost 3 tackles more per game. There's really not a big difference statistic wise, in fact you could say he has better stats now.

I ask this because now when people talk about the best 10 players in the comp he sometimes doesn't get a look in, whereas in 2012 it was Ablett, then either Pendlebury or Dangerfield....does anyone care to explain why??

Not quite related but didn't know where to put it. Does anyone know why Danger has lost his 'standing' in the game?

I looked at his stats compared to 2012 and he averages 3 less disposals per game, but 1 goal more and almost 3 tackles more per game. There's really not a big difference statistic wise, in fact you could say he has better stats now.

I ask this because now when people talk about the best 10 players in the comp he sometimes doesn't get a look in, whereas in 2012 it was Ablett, then either Pendlebury or Dangerfield....does anyone care to explain why??
Impact on games has diminished.

So heard some info tonight that interested me somewhat. Those who know my posting style know im not into big noting myself and the info comes from a pretty reliable source.

Rorys deal is done, said the money considerably less than an offer from a Vic club that WASNT St Kilda but he was never likely to leave and still hopes to captain one day. Nothing groundbreaking there right I know but it could be announced tomorrow.

Danger is likely to go but theres still a hope but is being very demanding of the club. My source reckons he is trying to bleed us when he has always been likely to go anyway. Then he reckons Dougy has received a huge offer from a Melbourne club and is likely to take it. This goes against all we have heard on him so far.

Said Aish was as good as done and it would take a monumental stuff up not to land him and also Henderson was a massive target.

Id go with him on all but one of these, has a reasonable record.

Any ideas on what Danger could be so demanding about?

I can't really think of anything other than improving the club if what he has said in the past is true.

He has always said its not about money.
Geelong, and Hawthorn have said they won't over pay him just like we have, so doesnt seem like that would be a massive barrier.

Surely we wouldnt under pay him hugely.

He has said he will decide on future prospects of success, which would put us ahead of Geelong for a while.

When he last signed a contract with us, his father was publicly stating how loyal he is.

I know you can't believe everything you hear, but I would have thought by everything that has been said he would want to stay.
The improvements we have made, and our future prospects should leave him no reason to leave for Geelong at least other than Moggs Creek.

IMO he hasn't torn a game apart in the last couple of seasons like he used to. He's been coasting on his reputation a little bit. Could be why.

I'm not saying he's crap, he's great. Just hasn't been as impactful.

Any ideas on what Danger could be so demanding about?

I can't really think of anything other than improving the club if what he has said in the past is true.

He has always said its not about money.
Geelong, and Hawthorn have said they won't over pay him just like we have, so doesnt seem like that would be a massive barrier.

Surely we wouldnt under pay him hugely.

He has said he will decide on future prospects of success, which would put us ahead of Geelong for a while.

When he last signed a contract with us, his father was publicly stating how loyal he is.

I know you can't believe everything you here, but I would have thought by everything that has been said, and the improvements we have made that he would have no reason to leave for Geelong at least other than Moggs Creek.
I dont know what it would be, purely because I struggle to believe he would be so demanding. As I said earlier IMO the phrase 'bleeding the club' was a big overreaction. Id suggest if anything he would be pretty demanding of the club getting its ducks in a row, as he should be.

My own opinion of matters if largely different from this person however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with announcing things before they are made public is people can change their minds. Hird was gone most journalists agree, but he saved himself, most likely with threat of litigation. Roo went with the same story, given that Roo's best mate was an Essendon assistant coach at the time, he had access to a good source who either tipped him off or confirmed it for him, because there is no way wouldn't have rung him to ask if it was true.

Hird was gone.

He was told not to attend their B&F.

Bomber Thompson effectively made a speech at the B&F stating that he was proud to be back coaching Essendon, and getting them back on track.

Pretty obvious that Hird has threatened legal action, or to burn the joint down, and they blinked and took their finger off the trigger.

Those at the club very close to Danger have been steadfast on this and remain so.

Apparently Danger's grandpa is a huge, huge influence on him, and is adamant that leaving the Crows is a move that would lack integrity and respect; is vehemently encouraging him to be a one club player?

Extraordinarily well said. It was SO frustrating to see picks sliding down because clubs were getting compensated for "losing" free agents they were quite happy to let go! BUT... the balance is well out of whack, as evidenced by Brisbane's struggles a few years ago with this go-home factor. There will never be a "trade-players-without-their-consent" because of the AFLPA power, but it's exactly what there should have been when they brought in FA. That should have been the trade-off.

Brisbane made their own bed when they recontracted Voss.

All of this s**t about Brisbane needing a COLA again is crap; the Club almost nuked itself due to the coaching and admin... If we'd kept Sando and Trigg, we would've ended up in the same place.

Danger's impact on games is down, but I'm not too concerned, I think Walsh is working to try and develop his game and improve his longevity - I've got no doubt he's still got the ability to be a genuine game-breaker, and he will be, but I think his role and way he plays is clearly being reconstructed.

Agree re the free agency discussion; picks created out of thin air punish the next guy in lie, without any validity or justification. The Club gaining the player loses nothing, the other Clubs are pushed down the line; it's bullshit, and it should change.

Clubs should not be able to get gun players for nothing. Frawley to Hawks, fine, but it should've cost the Hawks at least their first pick.

EDIT - And Trigg was woeful on 3AW/5AA. Full of meaningless bullshit and useless, hollow spin. They're rebuilding, but they aren't going to bottom out, they're going to do it the respectable way... Good luck with that.

Impact on games has diminished.
This unfortunately ....Fyfe rocketed up ...Danger plays similarly to Fyfe but doesn't take as many marks as he should .....also players can't tackle Fyfe but we said the same about Danger , & now he's being tackled & held up like never b4

Yes impact diminished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back