No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised after this week their is still a negative tone that he is going. Most experts now think he is staying. Geelong are far from a team heading for success so it wouldn't surprise me if its been the key factor in the whole rumour mill cooling. This would obviously make Danger entirely hypocritical if he goes. The fact he also talked about Sloans contract talks caught my eye. I would have thought it would have been something he would have wanted to avoid especially if he has no intentions of staying.

The 'experts' have no better idea than we do. Seriously most commentators on the game are clueless and populist. They really really shouldn't have a job but as they're ex players or overpaid spuds like Hamish etc people lap up their opinions.

It would seem common sense to hold out for as long as possible to get the most money - happens in the premier league, la liga and other leagues all the time!

I am sitting around the 80% mark of confidence he is staying. I think we as a club have shown too much for him to leave under the demands he made.

I believe 55% he is staying and definitely 55% he is going. :confused:

At least with Rory he talks about it, states his intention to stay but just acknowledges that there's still plenty of work to be done on the contract. Danger just flatly avoids the conversation completely.

Rory also doesn't have a weekly spot. If Danger starts to discuss it, he'll have to provide a running update every week.

At least Rory can have a break from talking about it.

Rory also doesn't have a weekly spot. If Danger starts to discuss it, he'll have to provide a running update every week.

At least Rory can have a break from talking about it.

True, but surely no one believes Danger when he says he "hasn't even thought about it". And if that is the case, then he's clearly already made a decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but surely no one believes Danger when he says he "hasn't even thought about it". And if that is the case, then he's clearly already made a decision.
One way or another the decision seems to have been made! Hoping for the best. But hmmmmm

But you have to wonder, when will he start thinking about it lol?
I can see him Round 21, "yeh, hasn't even crossed my mind guys"

Come on Patrick, Im feeing like a rejected boyfriend now!

I was always of the opinion that his decision rested on how we performed this year. At the moment, despite some poor patches I'd be leaning to us having shown enough for him to stick around. We're not going to come good overnight, but changes have been made and our young guys have shown much promise.

It really sucks we're going to be playing so many rookies against Freo and the Hawks.

I would have loved to see our full squad play and knock one of them off. That would have been enough to give Danger hope.

I reckon we're looking at two losses though at a crucial time in his decision making timeframe.

It really sucks we're going to be playing so many rookies against Freo and the Hawks.

I would have loved to see our full squad play and knock one of them off. That would have been enough to give Danger hope.

I reckon we're looking at two losses though at a crucial time in his decision making timeframe.
Well Smith will be back this week and all of Sloane, Douglas and Crouch should be back for the Hawks game, so we should be pretty much full strength against them other than Jaensch.

Danger on 5AA this morning re contract

"Something i haven't really thought about, i just concentrate on the upcoming game and there's no bigger test this week".

Tried to change the topic very quickly, not an encouraging answer.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. He's gone. 100% gone. We should change this thread to what are we going to get for him?

Well Smith will be back this week and all of Sloane, Douglas and Crouch should be back for the Hawks game, so we should be pretty much full strength against them other than Jaensch.

B Crouch is playing his first SANFL game in the bye week so I doubt he'll come straight back into the team after 1 game 5 days later.

He said the exact same thing almost to the word on the Footy Show last year.

Different time though. He's almost out of contract. Last year may have been too early to think about it but now certainly isn't too early.

They'll all be underdone even if they play. The only saving grace is they are night games. Might get some lift from the crowd if we can bring a cauldron like atmosphere

I was always of the opinion that his decision rested on how we performed this year. At the moment, despite some poor patches I'd be leaning to us having shown enough for him to stick around. We're not going to come good overnight, but changes have been made and our young guys have shown much promise.
I didn't particularly believe that 100% either, but it was a nice line that'd buy him plenty of time to stop being bugged about it.

I didn't particularly believe that 100% either, but it was a nice line that'd buy him plenty of time to stop being bugged about it.

Exactly. I reckon the deal was done last year. He's just serving out time like Buddy etc were. Phil knows and has cut his reliance on Danger to do the hard yards. Question is where is he going and what are we going to get for him? If we'd been having a year where we were going to challenge for a flag he might've changed his mind but we're not going to do much better than last year partly because of injuries. Danger can see we've got some lean years ahead. If he goes to Geelong he'll be close to home and be playing for the club he grew up for and let's face it, Geelong probably won't be down for too long. It's a win win for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back