Ready made oval stadiums overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide v Brisbane was at Westpac Stadium in 2001.

Also, isn't Basin Reserve a glorified traffic island (I don't say that to bag the ground, just saying it as a unique feature of the ground)
Interestingly enough, Google Maps says so. Perplexing...

Hawks v Dogs pre season at westpac - it was till pretty new - shown on ch 7 so maybe 2000-03 ? Rememebr ch 7 because we had to wait for aus open doubels to finish and the tie break went on for over an hour

I think the the ais played against a new zealand team yesterday iirc.

Another is the Izmir Ataturk stadium
izmir_ataturk1.jpg

That whole playing surface looks waverlely park sized judging by the running track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is brasilia

Someone put rod laver arena in the middle of the MCG !!

405235_333073760045704_100000292474147_1326912_728166197_n.jpg

Wow - is that really representative of the size difference between a dedicated rectangular field and an oval area with an athletics track?

If so, I can see now why no arrangement of moveable seating will ever be satisfactory.

Wow - is that really representative of the size difference between a dedicated rectangular field and an oval area with an athletics track?

If so, I can see now why no arrangement of moveable seating will ever be satisfactory.

Not exactly, that is a circle, while athletics tracks are oval, so the viewing is better at oval stadiums, still, have you ever watched rugby at subi? I did for 4 years (30 super rugby games, 5 internationals). It sucks.

I sat in line with a sideline at a soccer game at the MCG

From there you could see the distace from the nearest sideline to the stand on the 'wing' at its greatest point of curve would have been 75% of the width of the soccer field's width

In other words the soccer field's width is only 40% of the width of the MCG field along the same axis

Given sight lines are worked on the opposite sideline from a spectator the wing of the mcg is already outside the ideal distance - yet the MCG defines seats on the wing as 'premium seats' for soccer !!

I sat in line with a sideline at a soccer game at the MCG

From there you could see the distace from the nearest sideline to the stand on the 'wing' at its greatest point of curve would have been 75% of the width of the soccer field's width

In other words the soccer field's width is only 40% of the width of the MCG field along the same axis

Given sight lines are worked on the opposite sideline from a spectator the wing of the mcg is already outside the ideal distance - yet the MCG defines seats on the wing as 'premium seats' for soccer !!

To help your argument:
mcg2.jpg

Split, Croatia
f4e9fb.jpg

had a thought that adelaide oval would be great with two open ends like this - one for the 'hill' and one for the city.

Just add second tiers on the wings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back