Realistic Trades:

Remove this Banner Ad

rotten pie

All Australian
Oct 9, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
After reading some of the other boards i got the feeling people where being a bit unrealistic with some of the names bandied about, so i thought i'd start a thread asking you thoughts on players "on the table" and what you'd give up for them...............

I'll go first:

Shane Tuck - 4th or 5th round pick

Shaun Burgerring (spelling) - Leon Davis + 2nd round pick

Josh Gibson - Tyson Goldsack + 4th pick

Daniel Kerr - Sharrod Wellingham + 3rd round

Barry Hall - 3rd or 4th pick or Scott Reed

Andrew Lovett - 2nd rd + Tyson Goldsack

Matt MaGuire - 3rd or 4th pick

Brett Peak - 3rd or 4th pick

Steven Salopeck - 3rd pick

Daniel Pearce - 3rd pick

Luke Ball - 2nd rd

Seaby - Shannon Cox and a 3rd round draft pick.

I'm warming to Seaby, especially after seeing Fraser go down again in September, for the 3rd year in a row.
We won't need to pay that much at all. Seaby will be delisted in all likelihood.

We could probably get him for pick 90 odd Corrie style if we can get Seaby to request to be traded to Collingwood.

After reading some of the other boards i got the feeling people where being a bit unrealistic with some of the names bandied about, so i thought i'd start a thread asking you thoughts on players "on the table" and what you'd give up for them...............

I'll go first:

About right. Might be worth as high as a 3rd rounder.

Close to the right price but imagine that Port would prefer a first rounder off someone.

Unrealistic. Would be worth atleast a second rounder in addition to a good player. We'd be getting a steal giving up Goldsack, and a 4th rounder in this years draft isn't worth anything.

Unrealistic. Would require a first rounder + a Wellingham to get them interested. He is contracted making it difficult.

About right maybe even giving up too much.

I think that would be fair for Essendon - personally I don't think we need anymore one dimensional, inconsistent footballers especially ones that are headcases. And at his asking price no way!!

Around the mark depending on other clubs interest for him.

About right but again would we want him??? I think his upside to Freo might be worth more than our 3rs or 4th rounder.

You are absolutely kidding yourself there. Port wouldn't let him go for anything less than a late first rounder you'd think. And probably isn't worth that to the club wanting him. A player swap may be closer to the mark.

Daniel Pearce - 3rd pick

Just signed a new contract last week I think so isn't going anywhere. Even so you are kidding yourself if you think they's let him go for a 3rf rounder.

Luke Ball - 2nd rd

Don't think the Saints would let him go. Isn't worth the injury risk IMO. I don't think a second rounder would get them interested.

Answers in bold.

Charman and Seaby are two I hope we look at this year.

Charman - a second or third rounder.

Seaby - a third or fourth rounder.

My God, this board is filled with delusional supporters.

No club in their right mind would offer anything below pick 60 for Josh Fraser at the absolute best.

As for WCE being interested in trading a top 10 AFL midfielder for pick 14 and Sharrod Wellingham, you must be joking. Wellingham would be unlikely to attract anything better than pick 50 and beyond.

You are only going to get a Kerr by trading a Pendlebury or a Swan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no point even discussing trades. Our best bet is to once again go to the draft. The only trades i'd be interested in was to trade our players for picks. eg travis cloke

I'll go first:

Daniel Pearce - 3rd pick

Luke Ball - 2nd rd

Pearce and Salopek for a 3rd rounder each?! I'd take it in a heartbeat, but they certainly wouldn't. I thought these were supposed to be realistic?

I don't know about trades, but I think we should go after Charman or Jolly.

I also heard that the recruiters are looking at trading for an early draft pick so we can get Butcher. If we could get him I think it would be a good move for our forward line.

Well that's because you are a sad little man that likes to whine about Collingwood when in fact it's your life that you are really disappointed with

You moronic fool. If you send me another abusive PM, I will take action against you. So be warned!!!!!

Go and get yourself an education, sonny, instead of acting like a 10 year old. With supporters like you, it's no wonder we constantly fail. You are a cancer on Collingwood

My God, this board is filled with delusional supporters.

No club in their right mind would offer anything below pick 60 for Josh Fraser at the absolute best.

As for WCE being interested in trading a top 10 AFL midfielder for pick 14 and Sharrod Wellingham, you must be joking. Wellingham would be unlikely to attract anything better than pick 50 and beyond.

You are only going to get a Kerr by trading a Pendlebury or a Swan.

If you were referring to my post I did say to "get them interested". You are right it would likely cost more. Thats the problems with trades, invariably you have to give up something you are not willing to to get what you want. The reality for us this year is that we don't have high enough picks to really get the big deals done. I really think we will hold on to our first two picks and maybe look at some players we can get cheaper that fit needs on our list like Seaby or Tuck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back