List Mgmt. Rear view mirror - Jessie White, Jed Lamb, Andrejs Everrit, Shane Mumford +

Remove this Banner Ad

CaptainChardonnay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2009
In the shadows of the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
A year on, how do we think we did trading these guys? (Haven't included Tony Armstrong as he would of been delisted anyway).

Jessie White - Still the best NEAFL player in the comp.

Jed Lamb - We have a plethora of his type that are actually better.

Andrejs - Probably having a break out season with Carlton. Would still like him on our list but he hasn't been a huge loss for us thanks to Rampe coming on so well.

Mummy - Still the best ruck man in the comp on his day. Still pretty up and down in terms of form and as we have seen again, a bit injury prone.

All up, I don't think the loss of any of these guys has had an impact on us. I was fearful that it would but it simply hasn't eventuated.

Jessie White - Would have been delisted at the end of last year. His Collingwood careers mirrors his Sydney career. Over promises and then under delivers.
Jed Lamb - Hard to judge yet as he was the youngest and least established of the four to leave. Has been kept out of there side by Rhys Palmer as a half forward. Would struggle to get a game ahead of Cunningham and Lloyd these days.
Andrejs - Solid year at Carlton. Far better job security at the Blues than what we could offer him.
Mummy - When Pyke was injured earlier in the year his loss seemed greater but then Derrickx was competitive until Pyke got back. So we have surivived without him.

White & Lamb > Buddy + Cunningham. A win for us in all respects.
Really happy for Everitt he's doing well at Carlton, I really liked him. I say that its actually Rohan who has replaced him rather than Rampe. Win for us.
Mummy. Oh Mummy. Still miss the big fellah. Will be interesting this finals campaign to see how Pyke goes. The one we had to let go, reluctantly:(

White & Lamb > Buddy + Cunningham. A win for us in all respects.
Really happy for Everitt he's doing well at Carlton, I really liked him. I say that its actually Rohan who has replaced him rather than Rampe. Win for us.
Mummy. Oh Mummy. Still miss the big fellah. Will be interesting this finals campaign to see how Pyke goes. The one we had to let go, reluctantly:(

Someone failed high school maths. Pelican always eats the greater one.

I do giggle a bit when I think of GWS paying Lamb $300k + a season.
Reckon they only did it to piss us off. With all their talented kids who can't get a seniors game why would they want another player the same age as their kids?

Lamb won't make it at GWS, too many in front of him and more added every year. He will enjoy the 3 x $300k though. No loss to us, several have gone past him and more to come in the ND this year and next, Eddie willing!

I think White's been okay as a back-up ruckman but as someone else posted, he continues to promise plenty and deliver b*gger-all ... he seems to lack any sense of urgency around the ball. Lamb has been disappointing; Everitt deserves credit, one of Carlton's best and most consistent; and Mumford has been outstanding whenever he's fit, I love watching him play.

Agreed, though, our club got it pretty much right.

Someone failed high school maths. Pelican always eats the greater one.
Pelican always eats the greater one? What high school did you attend? My maths teacher just said greater than or less than, there was nothing about sea-birds. ;)

Pelican always eats the greater one? What high school did you attend? My maths teacher just said greater than or less than, there was nothing about sea-birds. ;)

3 fish > 1 fish

Smart pelican will always eat 3! May have been primary school...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add towers to the trade list, not hard enough at it. I hope he can succeed elsewhere though seems like an unassuming good chap.

White- there isnt a spot for him so even if he flourished was never going to outshine buddy who essentially took his spot

Everitt is the one i miss the most, would probably be in the laidler role in and out of side, but he would be handy depth but we cover him fine

Lamb- agree he isnt worth the coin, still sad a first rounder didnt make it for us again

Mumford would of been great to somehow keep but his body mean he isnt worth the price

White- there isnt a spot for him so even if he flourished was never going to outshine buddy who essentially took his spot

Everitt is the one i miss the most, would probably be in the laidler role in and out of side, but he would be handy depth but we cover him fine

Lamb- agree he isnt worth the coin, still sad a first rounder didnt make it for us again

Mumford would of been great to somehow keep but his body mean he isnt worth the price

I agree with all of this. Everitt was starting to show a bit in 2013, definitely would have liked to have kept him. I wonder how Collingwood fans feel about White now? IIRC they seemed fairly divided at the time as to whether or not he would be a success there, but from what i've seen he hasn't been any different to how he performed when he was with us.

Especially when the price is some $700k......

Just watching the Jed Lamb story on 360 makes me only admire him more, not just in a footballing sense I don't like reading posters here getting stuck into him.

Just watching the Jed Lamb story on 360 makes me only admire him more, not just in a footballing sense I don't like reading posters here getting stuck into him.

Its easy to forget they are people when you bag a player or want him dropped/cut what have you

I would have liked Lamb to have stayed, I think he would have developed into a better player with us than at GWS (better system and all that), but it would have been hard to justify paying him what they were offering.

Lamb - Would've liked him to stay on. May have been developed later but could've been fantastic
White - Was upset when he left, thought he was about to find form and be consistent. Liked the idea of a Reid/Tippet/White forward line and when Tippett retired one of the younger ones would step in. Glad to see I was wrong and he is just as inconsistent as he was with us
Mummy - Hated seeing him go. Still a great ruck and would love him to be here.
Everrit - Was getting better and glad to see him hit form this year. Wasn't sold on him, but this year may have changed my mind
Armstrong - Never liked him in the side. Glad he is gone

We were taught > was a croc's mouth eating the bigger number. I knew it as more than. Never really use < as > looks neater. 3>1 looks better than 1<3

Sad to lose Mummy and Everitt. But I'd suggest we made some very good calls last year. Even if Buddy didn't join us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back