Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually pretty bad. I lifted that recipe off my girlfriend. She can bake amazingly well. My birthday just passed she made a six layer honeycomb cake.
In my family, it's become a tradition to nick each others recipes and attempt to outdo one another. Nothing better than family having to admit that you have made something better than them. Victory is sweeter than my chocolate fudge recipe above. :D

I have to admit Im not as great fan of all of Rhino's recipes they are way to healthy for my liking these days however saying that, if I was 20 years younger and competing again they are pure gold. I am in awe of his professionalism. I have always been healthy and eaten healthy especially in my younger days but its amazing how far nutritional science has evolved.

Ricotta Fritters on Eggplant with homemade tomato relish
Another excessively healthy recipe from Ryan. Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters on Eggplant with homemade tomato relish. baja. If you were in awe of his professionalism before, check out his get up today. Next week, we want the chefs hat.

Another excessively healthy recipe from Ryan. Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters on Eggplant with homemade tomato relish. baja. If you were in awe of his professionalism before, check out his get up today. Next week, we want the chefs hat.

lol yeah a chefs hat would be funny.. As healthy as this is I would enjoy this recipe, just on the egg plant bit I like to powder it a bit with flour and add a little balsamic vinegar first then straight on the bbq or pan..

lol yeah a chefs hat would be funny.. As healthy as this is I would enjoy this recipe, just on the egg plant bit I like to powder it a bit with flour and add a little balsamic vinegar first then straight on the bbq or pan..
Not a huge fan of eggplant myself, i think this would be the one recipe so far i would skip.

Not a huge fan of eggplant myself, i think this would be the one recipe so far i would skip.
It is very plain but very healthy, the balsamic caramelises the eggplant and I use lemon infused olive oil on it, very nice side dish.

*balsamic in the pan, oil on the eggplant and in the pan

Dijon Mustard with Honey, had a dollop with my rib eye tonight was fantastic, dunno why I haven't used this condiment before plenty of ideas for it now..

Tasmanian Curried Scallops
Have I missed any of ROK's recipe's GCB85 ?

Tasmanian Curried Scallops..

This one has been in my family for years I only remembered it because I got hold of some beautiful in season scallops.. Its pretty common in Tasmania where the nice scallops come from but you could use anything, Prawns, Chicken, Sausages, Fish whatever you want..

2 Tbls butter
2 Tbls Plain flour
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red capsicum
2 cups of milk (can use cream/coconut cream or milk and drop the flour but it combines better)
1 lge Tbls of Curry Powder
1 Lge Tbls Mayonaise (yep mayo its the kicker)
1 Tbls Mustard, I use Dijon but any will work
1 Tbls of sugar
500 grams of fresh Scallops
Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt butter add capsicum and onion then sauté
Take it off the heat mix in curry powder, mayo, mustard and sugar
Mix in Milk and Flour
Place back on heat, add the scallops and mix until it becomes thick and creamy. With Scallops or Prawns it doesn't take long at all, other meats will take longer use common sense.
Keep stirring until a minute after it boils on a medium heat, add salt and pepper then serve with mash or rice or pasta..

This recipe serves two, or one if you skip the mash, rice or pasta (get your carbs from the beer) but seriously an awesome recipe in under 15 minutes from start to finish, taste grouse with plenty of beers..

Have I missed any of ROK's recipe's GCB85 ?

No, i think we're up to date at the moment. The scallops recipe sounds delicious. Problem in Victoria is finding somewhere local that has them fresh. Was in heaven down in Tassie earlier in the year with the fresh seafood everywhere we went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad bump

I've got some time off over July and looking to try some new cooking so when I move out I don't starve to death. Can currently cook:
- Steak and a side
- About 3 forms of pasta
- Microwave meals
- Muffins that taste better as a cake
- Buying a Safeway chicken already cooked

Anyone got any easy to learn recipes I could use in my endeavors?

Sad bump

I've got some time off over July and looking to try some new cooking so when I move out I don't starve to death. Can currently cook:
- Steak and a side
- About 3 forms of pasta
- Microwave meals
- Muffins that taste better as a cake
- Buying a Safeway chicken already cooked

Anyone got any easy to learn recipes I could use in my endeavors?
Any allergies? Or mayor dislikes?

Any allergies? Or mayor dislikes?
Allergic to marshmellows

Cannot stand carrots and egg. If they are in something with a sauce or baked into like meatballs and I can't taste them, then they are fine

Allergic to marshmellows

Cannot stand carrots and egg. If they are in something with a sauce or baked into like meatballs and I can't taste them, then they are fine
No eggs:eek: that's a challenge, they're like the King of the quick meal. Assume you've explored stir fry,yeah?

No eggs:eek: that's a challenge, they're like the King of the quick meal. Assume you've explored stir fry,yeah?
Yeah. With a teriyaki sauce and pre-cut stuff from the shops

I'll have egg as long as I can't taste it :p

Thanks, btw :)

Chicken rice a rico
Yeah. With a teriyaki sauce and pre-cut stuff from the shops.I'll have egg as long as I can't taste it :pThanks, btw :)
Okay. Here's one that is an old favourite of when I just moved out of home & won't break your bank. Also, everything can be stored except the chook. Will also make enough to allow at least another two meals. 1 you can freeze & the other you can have the next day. Tupperware is your friend...up until it multiplies in the darkness of your cupboardo_O

Ingredients:
1: Packet of Chicken rice a rico http://www.mccormick.com.au/products/side-dishes/rice-a-riso/rice-a-riso-chicken.aspx
2: 1 roast chook
3: 1 large cup of mixed veg. http://birdseye.com.au/our-range/fr...t-vegetable-mixes/peas-corn-and-capsicum-500g
4: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or to taste
5: Olive oil
6: 2 cups of warm water
6: You'll need a reasonable large deep pan. You'll need a lid. If your pan doesn't have a lid use one from another pan if you're able to cover most of the pan;)

Cooking:
1: Peel the meat off your chicken. Use your hands to shred the meat a bit until the pieces are about the size of your fingers in length & breadth. I usually peel the skin off & give to cat. Set aside.
2: Use a tablespoon of oil into pan on low/medium heat
3: Add the rice only from your Rice a Rico & stir until mixed with the oil
4: Keep stirring until the rice changes colour. Which can happen pretty quickly. You don't want the rice to burn, just get some colour.
5: Add your chicken & the lge cup of frozen vegies. Mix in lightly.
6: Use the flavour sachet from the Rice a Rico & shake evenly over the top
7: Add your warm water & your Worcestershire sauce. Another bit of a stir.
8: Wait until it starts to bubble then turn down to a simmer. Put your lid on.
9: You want this to simmer away. Not boil. Otherwise your rice will not soften.
10: Keep an eye on it and stir every 10 minutes or so. Try and keep the rice on the bottom of the pan to begin with so the water cooks it. As it dries out you can then mix the pan more.
11: When all the water is gone, you're ready. Give it a good stir to make sure its not too moist. Should just be starting to stick to the pan. Viola.

Like I said. Super cheap & easy. I've also included in another post below one of my favourite Gordon Ramsay recipes. Enjoy.

Okay. Here's one that is an old favourite of when I just moved out of home & won't break your bank. Also, everything can be stored except the chook. Will also make enough to allow at least another two meals. 1 you can freeze & the other you can have the next day. Tupperware is your friend...up until it multiplies in the darkness of your cupboardo_O

Ingredients:
1: Packet of Chicken rice a rico http://www.mccormick.com.au/products/side-dishes/rice-a-riso/rice-a-riso-chicken.aspx
2: 1 roast chook
3: 1 large cup of mixed veg. http://birdseye.com.au/our-range/fr...t-vegetable-mixes/peas-corn-and-capsicum-500g
4: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or to taste
5: Olive oil
6: 2 cups of warm water
6: You'll need a reasonable large deep pan. You'll need a lid. If your pan doesn't have a lid use one from another pan if you're able to cover most of the pan;)

Cooking:
1: Peel the meat off your chicken. Use your hands to shred the meat a bit until the pieces are about the size of your fingers in length & breadth. I usually peel the skin off & give to cat. Set aside.
2: Use a tablespoon of oil into pan on low/medium heat
3: Add the rice only from your Rice a Rico & stir until mixed with the oil
4: Keep stirring until the rice changes colour. Which can happen pretty quickly. You don't want the rice to burn, just get some colour.
5: Add your chicken & the lge cup of frozen vegies. Mix in lightly.
6: Use the flavour sachet from the Rice a Rico & shake evenly over the top
7: Add your warm water & your Worcestershire sauce. Another bit of a stir.
8: Wait until it starts to bubble then turn down to a simmer. Put your lid on.
9: You want this to simmer away. Not boil. Otherwise your rice will not soften.
10: Keep an eye on it and stir every 10 minutes or so. Try and keep the rice on the bottom of the pan to begin with so the water cooks it. As it dries out you can then mix the pan more.
11: When all the water is gone, you're ready. Give it a good stir to make sure its not too moist. Should just be starting to stick to the pan. Viola.

Like I said. Super cheap & easy. I've also included in another post below one of my favourite Gordon Ramsay recipes. Enjoy.
Will have to give it a try when uni finishes. Champion mate, absolute champion :)

Gordon Ramsay's Spicy Sausages & Rice. If you're cooking this for a single person, I recommend the following:

1: Scoop out half your pan before you add the final ingredients of shallots, tomatoes, parsley. That way you can re-heat the base the next day and THEN add the shallots etc. Tastes so much better when they are freshly added.

Will have to give it a try when uni finishes. Champion mate, absolute champion :)
Also, helpful hint. I use Basmati rice for the Spicy Sausages recipe. Its more expensive but tastes sooo much better.
Also, Italian & continental sausages work best. About 3 each.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back