Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
OK guys, it's a quiet Saturday night in, how about doing a little public service.

I'm in a bit of a lull as far as new music is concerned, I don't know whether it's because I'm not finding it or that it doesn't exist. Damn DJ music.

Anyway, I basically only listen to about 5 artists any more (and certain other individual songs):

Arcade Fire
Fleet Foxes
Rage Against the Machine
Kanye West
and a bit of Arctic Monkeys, I s'pose.

Anything in this vicinity you could brighten my day with? I'll listen to any reasonable offer (YouTube pls).

Cheers.

They aren't exactly "new" bands but The Libertines, The Hives, The Fratellis and the Strokes are similarish to the Arctic Monkeys and are good.
Here's some songs:
[youtube]jLYsIESNtUc[/youtube]
[youtube]TqkJ30Kh7ZM[/youtube]
[youtube]Fz2ZDeTYgTs&ob=av3e[/youtube]
[youtube]TOypSnKFHrE&ob=av3e[/youtube]

Not sure who to recommend in likeness to Fleet Foxes. They're pretty much the best of their genre, so no point listening to Mumford and Sons or something who aren't even half as good.

Not that big a fan of Hip Hop but I did like Beautiful Dark Fantasy by Kanye West, because it was just so bloody epic. I don't listen to him much but I do like community lol and he is new, so you can try Childish Gambino.
[youtube]zNE_aIlYdNQ[/youtube]

Great work guys. Keep em coming.

Have previously listened to all the above extensively except for Skrillex, Broken Social Scene and Dirty Projectors so I'll give them a spin.

OK guys, it's a quiet Saturday night in, how about doing a little public service.

I'm in a bit of a lull as far as new music is concerned, I don't know whether it's because I'm not finding it or that it doesn't exist. Damn DJ music.

Anyway, I basically only listen to about 5 artists any more (and certain other individual songs):

Arcade Fire
Fleet Foxes
Rage Against the Machine
Kanye West
and a bit of Arctic Monkeys, I s'pose.

Anything in this vicinity you could brighten my day with? I'll listen to any reasonable offer (YouTube pls).

Cheers.

Girls, War on Drugs, Big Scary, Midlake. Real Estate, Kurt Vile

Arctic monkeys are my favourite band so I would recommend:
Last Shadow Puppets
The Strokes
Foals
Kasabian
Hard-fi (First album)
Queens of the Stone Age

Seeing as you like Kanye give Lupe Fiasco a good listen if you haven't already. First two albums are brilliant, but avoid his latest offering as it is shite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listen to mainly rock and some metal. I also like some hip hop and don't mind some electronic/house music as well. I like the Foo Fighthers, RHCP, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Metallica, Pantera, Rage Against The Machine, Tool, Killswitch Engage, Daft Punk, Eminem. There are more but this is some of the music I'm into it

Yeah Foals are definitely a great band to check out. Two very good albums.

I'd recommend Delorean and Dom.

Delorean are a Spanish band that have an awesome latest album "Subiza" and a really good EP as well "Ayrton Senna EP".

Deli - [youtube]43gmbza86AA[/youtube]

Stay Close - [youtube]55wlNgFTDR0&ob[/youtube]

The other one is Dom. Sort of similar to MGMT in a way. They're from Massachusetts. They've released two EP's so hopefully an album in 2012.

Living in America - [youtube]qrcLdY1sxAY[/youtube]

Burn Bridges - [youtube]ggz9sHco5w4[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]a2BUEzdjfpY[/YOUTUBE]

The Joy Formidable

Brit rock pop with a nice female vocalist

[YOUTUBE]pAoao9FkHwE[/YOUTUBE]

The Dirty Heads

Love these guys, they mix a few different styles reggae/hip hop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back