Recorded AFL games 1980s-2000s

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2005
Hobart Hurricanes Central
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney Thunder, Freo, GWS, Canes
Hi did any one record any old VFL / AFL games over thoes years and still have them? Im looking for games that are rare that Name a game dont have, im mainly after Adelaide but Im happy to grab others,
open to buying them, putting some onto dvd and trading

cheers

This whole trading business is nonsense I reckon, if the matches aren't on name a game but someone has it in their possession then it's a rarity and a piece of historical importance that could be tampered with. Why not send it in to Name a Game and get them to restore it/add it to their records?

I would just hate to see games unavailable to watch for no good reason other than someone doesnt want to trade.

they used to, under their previous management, I know people with larger collections than Name A Game, its a shame they didnt look after their footage as much as some of the people who trade do because some games are so badly damaged they can no longer re sell, I have heaps of games from name a game, some have lines run through them or the audio is out, such a shame, I compare it to the collection the WWE keep, its so far behind
I did ask the new management if they wanted games but they didnt seem keen, would make them so much easier to collect

I did ask the new management if they wanted games but they didnt seem keen, would make them so much easier to collect

I've given up with them to be honest (NAG). Have tried for years to track down certain footage they have but it continually leads to a dead end. They are so shorthanded that they can't be bothered exhausting extra effort into stuff on the side such as other people's VHS collections.
It is very much money orientated and that's fine, it's a business and that's what makes the world go round but when it comes to trading, collecting or helping out with rare 80's matches, unless you buy some stuff from their catalogue, they'll simply give you the run around.

There's a large network of vfl/afl collectors. Best to stick with those folks as they continually gain access to hard to find games. What has also worked for me in past is to try contacting the football clubs themselves as they have their own media department who have a personal archive of videos. Some clubs differ when it comes to the age of these games though.

This whole trading business is nonsense I reckon, if the matches aren't on name a game but someone has it in their possession then it's a rarity and a piece of historical importance that could be tampered with. Why not send it in to Name a Game and get them to restore it/add it to their records?

I would just hate to see games unavailable to watch for no good reason other than someone doesnt want to trade.

i supplied name a game with many games that they did not have in their catalogues, this was about 3 years ago now, god knows what they did with them, because they still do not have them on their catalogues, and these were all full games that i gave them as well. Sounds like mis-management to me.

i supplied name a game with many games that they did not have in their catalogues, this was about 3 years ago now, god knows what they did with them, because they still do not have them on their catalogues, and these were all full games that i gave them as well. Sounds like mis-management to me.

Wouldn't surprise me, have heard from a few people that they are pretty careless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back