Scape Goat Recreational drug saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt be surprised if no one sees Harley and he heads home to W.A to think about whether he wants to play AFL.

When really he should face upto a Media appearence.. Say he made a misstake 2 years ago.. Apologise to the AFL the Club his friends family and team mates..
Grow a pair and play this weekend get 30 touches and 3 goals.
Then everyone will drop it..

They're only after Blood.. Or they'd never of posted the images
Everything I've heard about Harley is that he's a shy guy. Hope this doesn't tip him over the edge Ben Cousins style.

Wouldnt be surprised if no one sees Harley and he heads home to W.A to think about whether he wants to play AFL.

When really he should face upto a Media appearence.. Say he made a misstake 2 years ago.. Apologise to the AFL the Club his friends family and team mates..

I totally agree that he should face the media, if he sulks away all the pressure falls on the club and lets face it Harley was the one snorting no one from the club was making him do it. Take responsibility for your actions Harley as you have damaged our brand

The more I hear, the more I hope Harley gets the support he needs. At the end of the day he is a kid in his early 20's who has had his face wiped across the front of a lot of newspapers for doing something a lot of kids his age do. By the sounds of it, the club has said they are only worried about Harley's welfare at the moment which is the kind of response you want to hear.

If I could double like I would

Really feel for Harley in this situation. Apparently the photos were getting shopped around to various media outlets.

Just cannot trust some people

My last comment on this subject. This doesn't back up Hunt's version. The Herald Sun is a disgrace these days and is nothing more than a glorified New Idea.
Numerous other players test positive and remain anonymous. This young guy is front page news for exactly the same offence.
You can't tell me this isn't some payback from meathead Robinson when Harley tackled him last year. People in glass houses Robbo. Get behind this kid. He was sold a s**t sandwich by living with that toxic sludge thats returned to rugby where he belongs. As for Bluey and his Sgt Schultz impersonation of knowing nothing, get real.

Disagree Iva
That's just playing into Newscorp's wallet
They want to keep stirring the pot and throwing faeces until it sticks
I'd be "no commenting" until they find the next weak meat

I understand, but from my point of view taking the hard step of standing up and taking responsibility could be the low point from which a stronger Harley emerges. I fear that running away gives him more excuses to use again to avoid the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand, but from my point of view taking the hard step of standing up and taking responsibility could be the low point from which a stronger Harley emerges. I fear that running away gives him more excuses to use again to avoid the situation.

To me that would be standing up in front of your team mates and Club officials and saying sorry in private
Maybe doing a full boundary run of Metricon on Saturday in front of the members and supporters
"I did it, I don't want to be that person and this is to say sorry"
Nothing for Gutterman Robinson and his henchmen

Melbourne footy media is pathetic and what's with all these former players casting their judgements. Give a break plz. They were all on it.

Last edited:

No that will not stop it, what an idiotic thing to say.

This is a serious issue that will have a massive affect on his mental well being which will be the Suns number 1 priority right now. He will need all the help he can get now that his face has been splashed all over Australia.
Forget about Footy and start getting the help the poor kid needs

Last edited:
The next 24 hours will either galvanize our group or tear it apart. I think if Rocket backs up Harley and the other guys, and helps them through this time the loyalty will probably be repaid. Obvisouly he probably doesn't want to do this but I don't think he really has a choice. The consequences if he doesn't are he loses Bennells trust as well as the other players on the golf trip and a bunch of players slowly leave the club.

The next 24 hours will either galvanize our group or tear it apart. I think if Rocket backs up Harley and the other guys, and helps them through this time the loyalty will probably be repaid. Obvisouly he probably doesn't want to do this but I don't think he really has a choice. The consequences if he doesn't are he loses Bennells trust as well as the other players on the golf trip and a bunch of players slowly leave the club.

What does the golf trip have to do with this?

What does the golf trip have to do with this?

Because I'm guessing Harley is mates with the people who used on that trip. If you watch someone doing the same thing as you've done get thrown to the wolves would you want to stay...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back