Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Some off field trouble at Dimboola by all accounts. Sounds like a few of the players are losing faith in their coach.....does anybody know what is going on?
Not sure about too much happening off field. I think the poor starting form has come from a lack of numbers at pre season compared to the previous year, the dreaded premiership hangover, perhaps some loss of hunger, and of course the change in personnel. McFarlane Bennett and Braithwiate were all very important and consistent performers and it will take the new recruits a while before they will be able to contribute to the same level. In saying all of this, I will still have my money on the roos come September.

Some off field trouble at Dimboola by all accounts. Sounds like a few of the players are losing faith in their coach.....does anybody know what is going on?
Clash of egos? Few people upset about others getting paid "overs"?

Neither would surprise... What's the story?

where are you getting that information?
From talking to a few mates that actually play in the club there.
they said theres nothing going on. Just big footy rumour talk as usual.

Some people are already writing off Dimboola, which I find to be a little odd.
I think they will also be the best side come september. wait untill players like
Clugston Rentsch & blake all time to get going, and they will be back to there unstopable best.
But somthing will want to change soon.

Why

I think they will also be the best side come september. wait untill players like
Clugston Rentsch & blake all time to get going, and they will be back to there unstopable best.

Why do these players need time to get going???

Could the fact that they lost the last two games be because they were beaten by two better teams????

I would imagine there would be a lot of pressure on them now particularly since they have to play Warrack and the Demons in the next 2 weeks

Why

Why do these players need time to get going???

Could the fact that they lost the last two games be because they were beaten by two better teams????

I would imagine there would be a lot of pressure on them now particularly since they have to play Warrack and the Demons in the next 2 weeks

Have a look at Demons Last year. Went 0-2 in two close games at start of the season. They had a different side from the year before. Takes time for sides to gel properly and get things in the right perspective. Some sides it does some it doesnt. obviously Dimboola are having trouble with setting some part of there game up to were they want to be.
If you look at how good there list is. it is only matter of time before there guns fire.
Same with Warrack. Players such as pete weir and Jarred Martin have not done alot from round 1 or 2. but they are respectively very good players.
Dont think anyone should jump the gun after two rounds.

I think second half of the year Warrack & Dimboola will be at there best. With big ins to come for both.

Have a look at Demons Last year. Went 0-2 in two close games at start of the season. They had a different side from the year before. Takes time for sides to gel properly and get things in the right perspective. Some sides it does some it doesnt. obviously Dimboola are having trouble with setting some part of there game up to were they want to be.
If you look at how good there list is. it is only matter of time before there guns fire.
Same with Warrack. Players such as pete weir and Jarred Martin have not done alot from round 1 or 2. but they are respectively very good players.
Dont think anyone should jump the gun after two rounds.

I think second half of the year Warrack & Dimboola will be at there best. With big ins to come for both.

Maybe people have been overrating some of their guns...

No doubt they are a good team, and likely to be the team to beat, but maybe wimmerawarrior is on the money, and the results had a bit more to do with how the Saints and Burras played

IMP, Burras will be a very good side this year.
Saints both games i have seen were lucky.

Dimboola still team to beat.and teams are already doing it.

Amazing to see the Roos start the season with three straight losses, with the undefeated Demons to face next week. Its clear that a number of players are below their best and/or carrying niggling injuries, but more worrying for them is the current lack of intensity, something that was the basis of their game last season. Maybe losing the 1%er kings like Bennett and O. Braithwaite, plus a general drop in intensity and 1% acts across the team, has had a bigger effect than first thought.

But from where they are right now, I reckon the Roos have the biggest scope for improvement of all the WFL teams, and considering they haven't been blown away in any of their games so far against highly rated opposition, you would be a fool to write them off. The question is, can they get over their hangover in time to mount a serious premiership defence? The likes of the Demons, Burras and Eagles are well placed to knock them off if the Roos can't raise the bar and play to their ability. If that is the case, I'm liking a Demons Vs Burras GF, with the Eagles as the dark horse.

Maybe these early losses are exactly what Dimmy needs to bring them back down to earth after 2013. They could have scraped through and won in their last two games, but that might have camouflaged their flaws and the fact that they really need get back to the fundamentals of hard work and intensity that win games of footy.

The league is pretty evenly balanced right now, especially among the 4 top rated teams, and the unpredictability is great for Wimmera footy watchers.

I wouldn't write them off either, but, I'm pretty sure there are some troubles over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would write them off,
0-4 and look horrible.
None of there " Big Names" Looking to do anything anytime soon.
Team looks flat

Yep, very flat, and the pressure would be well and truly on the coach to find the spark that gets them going. Like the WFL Sports Pulse webpage they are stuck in 2013 and need to use the drop-down menu to find the 2014 season ASAP. Really needed to show more and even scrape through for a win against the Demons, but just didn't have it. Would have to turn things around quickly to have a hope of making finals, but if they did they could be a real danger side. A loss against Stawell and everyone will write them off, but right now I'm still backing them to find their form just in time to play a major part in the finals.

But the big news is Ararat on top of the ladder undefeated after round four! Can any Rat supporters explain how they have suddenly become contenders, because it seems like they have come from nowhere. Or is this just a flash in the pan?

Having seen Stawell play, they won't beat Dimmy, even though they are winless. From the game I saw against Ararat, Stawell seemed to lack fitness, they completely stopped in the last quarter, as the scoreboard suggests.

Ararat just run, they have young kids who can run all day, and Cosson up forward certainly knows his way around the 50. Jake Williamson was very impressive down back as well. I am still surprised to see them atop the ladder though, but obviously the confidence is up.

Ararat will definitely play finals this year. They have the easiest draw playing Stawell and Nhill three times, plus I reckon they have the strongest home ground advantage of any team as they run thier opposition off thier legs on that massive oval. They are finally keeping thier kids that have come up from previous dominant u17 sides and have two very handy inclusions in Cosson and Mendes.

How is Kyle Oconnor handling the step in leagues, hard to believe is is only 15 years old for the whole season...good luck to the kid

What an absolute cracker of a game at the City Oval yesterday! Ararat are the real deal and their kids played fantastically. They are very fit and fast.
The finals this year are going to be fantastic!!

Wow!
Watched Demons Vs Ararat Saturday, What a great game!
The Young Ararat side look to be fit and dangerous, remind me of the Port adelaide side full of youth with a few key guns to lead the way.
Finals will be the best it has been in a long time!
Didnt hear to much about any other games other than Dimboola Pumped poor old stawell, Few others have said they looked like the 2013
Dimboola we come to expect. If they can get them selves up and going from here on out. with players like Clugston Blake & Seers all performing!
It will be on come end of the season.

As an ex Nhill player, is it true that they have got a heap of new players this year that have to travel on game day and cant train with the team.

They had two boys travelling from Melbourne but they only lasted a few weeks before pulling the pin.
That has got to suck. Its a shame for Nhill, it was a great club when i was there. In my time there we didnt have to many wins. But as a junior we did well.

Good to see an even competition this year. Pleasing to see a side like Ararat ticking along ok, considering they have had a few rough years. Still think Horsham, Warrack and Dimmy teams to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back