Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see us trading Clurey for a ruck/power forward, and then drafting a KPD. Clurey's problem with us is he isn't going to get much opportunity with Jacko, Hombsch, Bobby, O'Shea, and TJ all ahead of him. It's disappointing because he's developing very nicely but not much can be done.
I don't mind Carlile, but I reckon Hombsch has overtaken him. I could see Clurey coming in for Bobby next year, far greater mobility & running power.

Terry Milera has apparently informed St Kilda that he wants to come home to SA. Great news for the SANFL.
Used to play for Port in the SANFL but I'm guessing we won't pick him up as a Magpies contracted player because $400 a week won't be enough and also due to the fact he is 27 next year.

So I reckon one of the 8 other clubs will get him.

Last edited:
and it begins...
saints board

Swap (possibly including picks) for Ben Newton? Highly-skilled 22yr old 183cm 84kg midfielder, potentially worth less due to a horrid injury run.

Will find it hard to break past Wines, Gray, Boak, Ebert, Polec, Wingard, Hartlett, etc.

Lulz were had.
He can barely crack a spot in the worst side in the comp, why would we trade out young guns to get him?
Silly talk, can't imagine Port being interested. Possibly the Crows, but unlikely.

Terry Milera has apparently informed St Kilda that he wants to come home to SA. Great news for the SANFL.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-28/milera
St Kilda Football Club has been advised by Terry Milera of his desire to return home to South Australia at the end of 2014 for personal reasons.

The 26-year-old has played 30 games and kicked 31 goals for the Saints since his debut in Round 1, 2012.

Milera is contracted until the end of 2015 but St Kilda will support his interest in returning to South Australia subject to a satisfactory trade being completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
and it begins...
saints board

Swap (possibly including picks) for Ben Newton? Highly-skilled 22yr old 183cm 84kg midfielder, potentially worth less due to a horrid injury run.

Will find it hard to break past Wines, Gray, Boak, Ebert, Polec, Wingard, Hartlett, etc.

If they throw in Luke Dunstan. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable "Crows beat Port for Milera's signature" headlines. Actually, we should pretend to have an interest in Milera, just so the Crows trade him in.

Newts goes nowhere.

Looks like St Kilda don't want Milera on their squad. The explanation by them is pitiful and smacks of them trying to get rid of him. If he is traded back to SA, it will be for a token draft pick, nothing more.

As a Port boy, would have loved to have him on the list, but who's spot does he take?

I'm suspicious it'll be for Griffin.

I don't mind that at all. Can't see him getting the call up regularly ahead of a fully fit Redden and Lobbe, but certainly a great backup option.
Not sure if he'll agree to coming here with the above in mind though.

Newts goes nowhere.

Looks like St Kilda don't want Milera on their squad. The explanation by them is pitiful and smacks of them trying to get rid of him. If he is traded back to SA, it will be for a token draft pick, nothing more.

As a Port boy, would have loved to have him on the list, but who's spot does he take?
No one's.

I don't mind that at all. Can't see him getting the call up regularly ahead of a fully fit Redden and Lobbe, but certainly a great backup option.
Not sure if he'll agree to coming here with the above in mind though.

He probably would've played more games this year at Port than the 1 game he's played at Freo.

I'm not sure he'll be #1 or #2 banana at any club tbh. Could be wrong though.

Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable "Crows beat Port for Milera's signature" headlines. Actually, we should pretend to have an interest in Milera, just so the Crows trade him in.

Rohde and the boys must have done some good pretending when Tambling was on the trade table :D

Last edited:
Get RO'K for a year and maybe an extra year as a development coach.

Gus will probably be having a holiday next year. Im happy if we only get 8 to 12 games out of him. He will bring some Sydney IP and a bit of Sydney hard edge to our training.

Get RO'K for a year and maybe an extra year as a development coach.

Gus will probably be having a holiday next year. Im happy if we only get 8 to 12 games out of him. He will bring some Sydney IP and a bit of Sydney hard edge to our training.

Would rather put games into Newton, Moore, Amon, Hoon etc next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back