Recruiting Targets Summary

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Heard on footy classified last night that Leuenberger (sp) may be up for trade). Upside as a second ruck man is huge imo. Yes, coming off an injury so I'd definitely want to have some insurance there, but it might be something worth looking at.

Ebert80

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2008
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What about Mitch Clarke, apparently wants a second crack, will cost stuff all because of the huge risk
As a very late pick, or rookie, would be worth the punt I reckon.

I can see a club like Freo taking him, given his WA background, the fact that Pav will be gone in next few years, and the fact that Gumbleton has now retired.

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You think of Mitch you forget he is still only 26. I'm wondering if he is still under a Melbourne contract at all even though he walked away from the game to try and get his health issues under control. We should absolutely talk to him and get in the queue if he is unencumbered.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
You think of Mitch you forget he is still only 26. I'm wondering if he is still under a Melbourne contract at all even though he walked away from the game to try and get his health issues under control. We should absolutely talk to him and get in the queue if he is unencumbered.
They delisted him, so no contract

Ebert80

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2008
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know these things aren't always up to date, but the official Melbourne FC website, and the Melbourne FC wikpedia page, both list Clark as being on their list (it says (ret) alongside his name on the wikipedia page).

They were saying on 360 the other week that they checked with the AFL and he is still on Melbourne's list.

It might be a technicality but you would have thought that Melbourne wouldn't have to still pay him and get dispensation from the AFL re paying him. He even talked about he didn't want a "pay cheque" from Melbourne given what state of mind he was in.

Hinkley Effect

Team Captain
Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heard on footy classified last night that Leuenberger (sp) may be up for trade). Upside as a second ruck man is huge imo. Yes, coming off an injury so I'd definitely want to have some insurance there, but it might be something worth looking at.

Luey is very effective up forward. Has a good straight kick on goal. Strong mark on the lead

CARLTON DELISTINGS
Tom Temay
Andrew McInnes
Luke Reynolds (rookie)
Jarryd Cachia (rookie)
Jeff Garlett and Mitch Robinson have also reportedly been told that the club will seek to trade them during the trade period.

I would like to bring back Luke Reynolds (19 years old) as a Magpies contracted player I think he has decent potential.

yeewww

All Australian
Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mitch is a pretty good player just wouldn't want him at our club cos he's a **** lol. gartlett would be alright though

how does garlett fill a need that we want, is struggling to get a game for carlton atm, MM dropped him, if he cant get a game there no idea how he would get a game with all out small forward/mids. Let the crows have him

least mitch fills a need that we are after

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
CARLTON DELISTINGS
Tom Temay
Andrew McInnes
Luke Reynolds (rookie)
Jarryd Cachia (rookie)
Jeff Garlett and Mitch Robinson have also reportedly been told that the club will seek to trade them during the trade period.

I would like to bring back Luke Reynolds as a Magpies contracted player I think he has decent potential.

Reynolds is no better than the youngsters we have on the list.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
how does garlett fill a need that we want, is struggling to get a game for carlton atm, MM dropped him, if he cant get a game there no idea how he would get a game with all out small forward/mids. Let the crows have him

least mitch fills a need that we are after

Robinson hasn't got the mental capacity to play for us. Blockhead.

Back